• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
Any guesses/hopes on what poses or scenes these dolls will be from? I'm really hoping the Aurora/Maleficent set comes with the spinning wheel, with Aurora's hand reaching out for it as Maleficent commands her to touch it.

I can almost guarantee that the doll set will be based off the spinning wheel scene. That is really the only scene where the two interact with each other, and I am pretty sure each of the Heroes and Villains sets are based of specific scenes from their films where they interact with each other. As for the others:

Cinderella and Tremaine could be based off the scene where she is wearing the pink dress before the ball, as cambridge1066 pointed out. That, or it could be based off the scene where she locks her in the tower, with Cinderella in her maid outfit with Lady Tremaine in her red dress behind her with the key.

Alice and the Queen of Hearts will obviously be in their standard outfits from the only scene where they meet each other in the movie, which would be the croquet scene at the Queen's castle. I know some people are worried that they might use the live action versions of their characters, but I highly doubt they will do that.

Belle and Gaston will most likely be based off the beginning of the movie, where they meet after the "Belle" segment. That or they could be based off how they look at the end of the movie, where its the same outfits but they have the capes on.

I do hope that we have a fifth set after all. It just seems weird to have only four this year. I would like to see it be something like Jasmine or Aladdin with Jafar, or Tiana and Dr. Facilier. It would be even better if it was a set of characters we haven't had before, like Hades and Meg (in other words my dream designer set lol).

I can almost guarantee that the doll set will be based off the spinning wheel scene. That is really the only scene where the two interact with each other, and I am pretty sure each of the Heroes and Villains sets are based of specific scenes from their films where they interact with each other. As for the others:

Cinderella and Tremaine could be based off the scene where she is wearing the pink dress before the ball, as cambridge1066 pointed out. That, or it could be based off the scene where she locks her in the tower, with Cinderella in her maid outfit with Lady Tremaine in her red dress behind her with the key.

I think this will definitely happen too. Since Aurora is on-screen with Maleficent when she's in Blue, Cinderella can be the one in Pink, and I think Lady Tremaine will be in her dress for the ball so it's different from her regular and 17" doll. I hope Belle and Gaston are in their capes.

I wish they just put them in their iconic outfits and based it on art work designed for the series and not on movie moments- basing it on movie moments it just means they have to get the face expression right etc for example Cinderella in rags with lady Tremaine we wouldn't want Cinderella smiling etc. I would like them to do Cinderella in a accurate ball gown with the stepmother in her ball gown.

Aurora and Maleficent both in their iconic outfits like the newest blu Ray cover.

I really like the contrast of the princess's in their princess outfits with smiling/pretty faces with their villains looking evil and dark.

Watch the fifth set potentially be a Frozen set of sorts (I can see a wide-released Coronation Hans/First Timer Coronation Anna designer set already and that kind of sucks. In reality, we did get a Designer Snow Gear Anna and Snow Queen+Coronation Elsa so it would only make sense.)

Frollo (in his iconic robe and hat or an ironic white suit) and Esmeralda in her Fools' Festival dress on my wishlist but it's unlikely.

Another epicness that's galaxies away would be Kuzco and Yzma.

Watch the fifth set potentially be a Frozen set of sorts (I can see a wide-released Coronation Hans/First Timer Coronation Anna designer set already and that kind of sucks. In reality, we did get a Designer Snow Gear Anna and Snow Queen+Coronation Elsa so it would only make sense.)

Frollo (in his iconic robe and hat or an ironic white suit) and Esmeralda in her Fools' Festival dress on my wishlist but it's unlikely.

Another epicness that's galaxies away would be Kuzco and Yzma.
I would kill for an Esmerelda doll.

I don't want to raise anyone's hopes up but we can't rule the Esmeralda/Frollo DFDC out of the equation yet since many rumours regarding the DFDC have been true and that was one of the sets that was initially rumoured way back when (at the start of this year?). I mean, Disney did try something new with the Peter Pan set last year so who knows? Let's not forget that there's an Esmeralda and Quasimodo Christmas ornament this year so that could be a hint. ;) I would also be among those ecstatic over an Esmeralda/Frollo set. :D

Last edited:
Honestly at this point I'd settle for just an Esmerelda Classic doll.

Ditto for Jane, Meg, & everybody else shunned.

i think Disney store should have a forgotten friends month.

Someone just posted these on facebook and it sounds like these are the real thing. Not my pic though.
13920892_1275390232472150_5862606410554576319_n.jpg

*UNHOLY SCREAMING* OMG!!! :donald:

I know there are going to be people that don't agree with me on this at all especially where its just one low resolution picture, but I honestly believe that these are looking like they could be some of the best designer dolls we have ever gotten. Even with these low resolution pictures, you can see so much beautiful detail on them, and the sculpts are so nice. The artwork in particular is gorgeous, and I am gonna have to pick up some of those lithographs and mugs!

My only real complaints are that the Queen of Hearts looks pretty cramped in her set, and the bottom half of Aurora's dress looks REALLY plain in that picture (hopefully it has some kind of pattern in person). Aside from that, I love them! I think Cinderella is my favorite set out of the bunch followed by the Alice set (which I expected to be my favorite).

EDIT: Okay, now that I have calmed down a bit, I need to see some high resolution pictures.

Last edited:
I love all of them -- although I do think the Sleeping Beauty one looks rather plain compared to the others---wish they would have added a spinning wheel. Lady Tremaine is actually holding Lucifer! I absolutely love the Alice one.

So I guess we really are only getting four this time? Part of me doesn't mind so much because it is less money to spend and one less doll I really don't have the space for -- but it makes me sad because it is a missed opportunity---there are so many hero-villain characters they could have done as a set. Looks like they decided to just go with the proven money makers.

Last edited:
Okay, was NOT expecting to see them tonight!

BUT SO GLAD WE FINALLY HAVE A PREVIEW!!!

Aurora and Maleficent are, naturally, my favs from this line. The bottom of Aurora's dress looks like it might be tulle, which explains the lack of design on the skirt. Honestly did not expect to love the Cinderella and Belle sets as much as I do, but they look amazing! The only one that doesn't completely impress at first glance is the Alice set. It's never been my favorite of the animated films, so that plays a huge role in my opinion, but the picture just doesn't scream "wow" like the other three. Maybe I'll like it better with a high resolution pic, but if I had to make a decision today, the Alice in Wonderland set would be the one I pass on.

Last edited:
I am completely gagged by this reveal! All four are gorgeous! Taken completely by surprise by the Cindy and Tremaine set being the best looking of the four. I was going to get Maleficent and Aurora pretty much regardless of how they looked, and now I'll have to get Tremaine and Cindy as well! Whew! Good thing it looks like the release dates are staggered so I can save the money!

Now Disney, just add a spinning wheel to that set, and I'll forgive you for every gripe I've ever had with your merchandising!

You guys are going to be even more happy with this news. They're all up on the Disney Store Japan.
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313673531/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313673463/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313673456/
http://store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313673470/

My first impressions are I like them all, but the one I like least is definitely Belle for her poofy, ill-fitting dress. They should have made it shorter, like the movie. I love the Cinderella one the most because I think it's easily the most beautiful one, then Alice and QoH for the embroidery complements, then Aurora and Maleficent. I love Mal's accent on her cape, and they managed to capture Aurora's vacant expression really well as she's pricking her finger. I just wish these came with accessories. As for why there's nothing on Aurora's skirt: the chose chiffon it looks like and that bruises really easily, which means they could do nothing to it. Not even printed that easily.

Edit: It looks like they're using different bodies somewhat closer to the 17" in molding.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to Belle/Gaston set going next to Belle/Beast one. Though I have to say my favorite is the Alice/Queen of Heart's set. Most likely because there is so little representation of them in doll form; it's nice to have something new and unique. I always look forward to different body type/molds. :)

Last edited:
I think this is the most movie-accurate looking Cinderella doll they have ever made - not just hair but face too. It's like someone there in the doll designing department is actually paying attention to collectors! After looking at closeups the Cinderella set and Alice set are my favorites. I think Alice is very movie-accurate too. She looks adorable. Aurora looks completely spaced out under a spell. Love it! I am extremely happy with these all around.

GRCBGaghdtcg What is this perfect gaston making the 17 inch look like dirt?!

seriously gaston, Aurora, Alice, q of hearts, Cinderella all look amazing!

the only one who is not so great is Belle. She looks like a sister wife...

Also so they went a little overboard with embroidery but otherwise perfect.

I've passed on the other sets last year. Holding out for a BATB one, glad I did. That aside, Cinderella is amazing. Between the necklace being held to a tiny Lucifer. Way to go Disney.

I am completely gagged by this reveal! All four are gorgeous! Taken completely by surprise by the Cindy and Tremaine set being the best looking of the four. I was going to get Maleficent and Aurora pretty much regardless of how they looked, and now I'll have to get Tremaine and Cindy as well! Whew! Good thing it looks like the release dates are staggered so I can save the money!

Now Disney, just add a spinning wheel to that set, and I'll forgive you for every gripe I've ever had with your merchandising!

How do you know the release dates are staggered? Has there been a leak Or are we going by last year?

Now that I have seen all of the HQ pictures of the dolls via the Japan website, I think I would rank them:

Cinderella & Lady Tremaine
Alice & The Queen of Hearts
Aurora & Maleficent
Belle & Gaston

This is such a nice wave of designer dolls. It really might be one of the best we have ever gotten. I will say that as excited as I was for the Alice set, her sculpt is a little disappointing, but I think it will grow on me. I have a few other problems, but I don't dislike or hate any of the dolls. They all look great, and I am really excited to see the new merchandise with that gorgeous artwork on them! Also they are apparently releasing on these dates (information gotten from my Facebook doll group):

Cinderella & Lady Tremaine: 9/6
Belle & Gaston: 9/20
Alice & The Queen of Hearts: 10/4
Aurora & Maleficent: 10/18

On another note, it is really odd that they are already for pre-order on the Japanese website. Disney seems to be mixing up their usual routine for several things this year, so maybe they are just changing how they do things for Japan?

Last edited:
Can we talk about how Cindy has the right color hair :anxious: Her set is definitely my favorite! Alice and the Queen of Hears is my second they look so good. THoH's looks hilariously awesome and I love the floral pattern on Alice's skirt. Belle/Gaston look good. I actually like Belle's dress. Aurora and Maleficent are good but I wish they added a spinning wheel.

I am so glad these are being released every two weeks instead of every week. It's slightly kinder on the wallet being spaced out that way --- not to mention if you get them in-store it gets to be a pain having to go there four or five weeks in a row.

... they are apparently releasing on these dates (information gotten from my Facebook doll group):

Cinderella & Lady Tremaine: 9/6
Belle & Gaston: 9/20
Alice & The Queen of Hearts: 10/4
Aurora & Maleficent: 10/18

On another note, it is really odd that they are already for pre-order on the Japanese website. Disney seems to be mixing up their usual routine for several things this year, so maybe they are just changing how they do things for Japan?

I haven't seen anything official yet on dates, whether from the Tumbler pages or Facebook pages, so I hope these dates are accurate.

I honestly am surprised that Japan is getting these first, considering Disney is an American-based company, but whatever. It could just be Japan changing up things. Hope they at least had notice before these went up for sale. If we're all getting the look of the dolls at the same time, then I feel bad for the collectors in Japan who are scrambling right now.

EDIT: Also, do we think they're gonna do an early pre-order for all 4 dolls, like they have in the past?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back