• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi from Canada.. well actually Japan atm

Hi from Canada.. well actually Japan atm

nickerjones

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just recently became a huge Disney guy. Took my son for his 5th birthday in 2022. This year we've been 3 times to land, 1 time to world, and just became inspire key holders for DL. Just love how excited my dude gets at Disney. Seeing him so happy makes me happy. We are already planning the next trip in August.

Live in Calgary, Alberta but currently in Japan for work. My kid forbade me from going to Disney Tokyo without him. Just kind of fell into liking pins. Not really out for grails or anything. I just buy what my kid likes. Although my favorite ride is Haunted Mansion so I should start collecting all of those.

Anyway hi!

Welcome to the forum and collecting! :lgm: There a ton of Haunted Mansion pins. And if you add in ones for the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, there are multiple tons. So if you do decide to collect them, you will have plenty to choose from.

Hi, welcome to the pinsanity. There are a few pin databases to help you get an idea what you might want to obtain. A few are Pin And Pop, Pin Trading Data Base (PTDB), and PinPics.
Appreciate the help. I also appreciate posting the pin and pop site. I had no clue about it. I looked up a bunch of the pins I found in the tokyo 2nd hand store. Looks like I found some staff pins as well. But there were also pins that couldn't be located. Is there a reason for that?

Hello! Welcome!

The databases like Pin & Pop are populated with user submitted content, so if no one has submitted that pin yet, it won't be listed. Since it is a US based website, users are more likely to have domestic pins, so there are often gaps for international pins. They are actually having an event, focusing on listing pins, today and the missing Tokyo Disney Resort game pins is something I am focusing on. Although, there will still be more missing after I've gone through mine. And I have a container full of more Japan pins that aren't in the database yet.

Are you in Tokyo, or elsewhere? I am curious about which second hand shops you visited. We're going to visit Tokyo Disney in October, and I have a small list of places to look. We visited the shops in Nakano Broadway in 2018, including Mandarake and this time plan on going to Akihabara district as well. I've seen recommendations for the chains: Hobby Off, Book Off, Treasure Off, Treasure Factory and Super Bazaar. But always keeping an eye out for more.

If you aren't familiar with him yet, there is a guy named Chris who runs the TDR Explorer website. He is originally from Saskatchewan, but has lived in Japan for over a decade. His website covers not only Tokyo Disneyland, but also Hong Kong, Shanghai and non-Disney parks like Universal in Osaka, and covers various pop culture places in Japan (Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, etc.) He's on social media too... Twitter / X. YouTube, etc.

Hello! Welcome!

The databases like Pin & Pop are populated with user submitted content, so if no one has submitted that pin yet, it won't be listed. Since it is a US based website, users are more likely to have domestic pins, so there are often gaps for international pins. They are actually having an event, focusing on listing pins, today and the missing Tokyo Disney Resort game pins is something I am focusing on. Although, there will still be more missing after I've gone through mine. And I have a container full of more Japan pins that aren't in the database yet.

Are you in Tokyo, or elsewhere? I am curious about which second hand shops you visited. We're going to visit Tokyo Disney in October, and I have a small list of places to look. We visited the shops in Nakano Broadway in 2018, including Mandarake and this time plan on going to Akihabara district as well. I've seen recommendations for the chains: Hobby Off, Book Off, Treasure Off, Treasure Factory and Super Bazaar. But always keeping an eye out for more.

If you aren't familiar with him yet, there is a guy named Chris who runs the TDR Explorer website. He is originally from Saskatchewan, but has lived in Japan for over a decade. His website covers not only Tokyo Disneyland, but also Hong Kong, Shanghai and non-Disney parks like Universal in Osaka, and covers various pop culture places in Japan (Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, etc.) He's on social media too... Twitter / X. YouTube, etc.
The only place I have went to is Nakano Broadway. I found a honey hole at Mandrake. I think I bought 25 pins or so. Are there any other places I should look, care to share your small list?

We are in Shinjuku but riding the trains to wherever. We head to Karuizawa today for a couple days to play hockey and then come back on Wednesday. I am not sure what an event entails but I can image mine and send them wherever if needed to listing pins.

I will check out Chris' website.

I listed the chains in my post, but I don't know which specific locations are most convenient, and which ones have the most Disney pins at a given time. There is a Facebook that focuses on Japanese Disney pins, and one of the members shared those chains as places he goes to find stuff.

Back