• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

hi! from Disney's Couture de Force's Art Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi! from Disney's Couture de Force's Art Designer

Couture-de-ForceDesigner

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's awesome that I found your wonderful site, I'll be sure to add your DPF link to my FB page set up for Couture de Force Designer.
Wow! Thank you so much, I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments on the Couture de Force forum discussion. I appreciate your very kind words and valuable input.
To introduce myself, I'm the designer of the Couture de Force collection. I'm a former Disney Feature Animation artist and freelance for Disney Consumer Products, mostly specializing in the princesses. You may have seen some of my style guide artwork that the licensees use on their products.
To answer some of your questions: Couture de Force collection was picked up by most main Hallmark stores, Disney theme parks, along with many gift shops, online, etc., should be in stores by July 15. I believe it will not be LE. Just an fyi, Enesco sales said that they were heavily ordered and having a tough time fulfilling them, which is actually a good thing for them to be popular, but may be harder to find. Popular princesses are the toughest item for the theme parks to keep in stock.
At our initial Enesco meeting last year (as it takes a year for sculpt prototype, manufacturing), they wanted to do 6 characters as a try out to see what I would come up with. We decided on 7, as we felt we should do the most popular princess & villain characters first. If they sell well, I'm fairly sure they will add in the rest of the princesses and villains.
I feel Enesco did an exceptional job with the sculpts, I'm very pleased with them. Aurora has always been my favorite character and I loved being able to do my version of both the pink and blue dress. Great classic fashion designers were my inspiration, Valentino, Versace, etc. Enesco's original concept was to include the ink splats on all of the characters, but it was dropped afterwards, too much detail for already complex designs.
If you would like to go to my Facebook page and see the original artwork I did, it's under https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPrincessVillainCoutureDeForce.
Thank you so much, I look forward to reading more of your comments. I'm particularly interested to see who is everyone's favorite.
Best wishes, =0)
Cyndy Bohonovsky

Wow, these are all beautiful. While I love little details like the roses on Aurora's dress and the lace on the Evil Queen's collar, my favorite is Maleficent. For me, she's just stunning. Thanks for sharing your work. Welcome to DPF!

Hi Cyndy,

Loving the new range and hoping that it become available in the UK. Your designs are stunning.

i feel that Enesco gained a lot if experience with Disney lines when they had the license for WDCC. They still also have some staff there who used to work for Disney when they produced the line, like my dear friend Traci.

I am so pleased that Enesco are still producing some wonderful Disney lines and having seen some of the sneak peeks for the next releases of this line I think it will grow.

One request, please do Merida next ;)

Welcome to DPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back