• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

(Hopefully) just bought my first pins on DPF

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Hopefully) just bought my first pins on DPF

YAY3!

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   2
I sent the money to buy pins from someone, but since this is my first time using PayPal I had no idea what to select. I sent it as "sending money to family or friends" and was charged an extra $4.00.
I was wondering 1) how do I send it without getting charged? 2) will the person I sent it to be charged? And 3) ignoring the charging part did I do it correctly so the recipient will get the money i sent?
Any feedback is appreciated. :)

I sent the money to buy pins from someone, but since this is my first time using PayPal I had no idea what to select. I sent it as "sending money to family or friends" and was charged an extra $4.00.
I was wondering 1) how do I send it without getting charged? 2) will the person I sent it to be charged? And 3) ignoring the charging part did I do it correctly so the recipient will get the money i sent?
Any feedback is appreciated. :)

The only time you will get charged when you are "sending money to family or friends" is if you used your credit card for payment. If this is what you did, you might as well send the money as "goods" as long as you have a confirmed shipping address and send extra to cover the fee.

To calculate the fee, go to: http://www.thefeecalculator.com

To answer your questions:

1) how do I send it without getting charged?

Send payment as "friends or family" and use either the PayPal balance or a bank account. If you are unfamiliar with the seller, it is recommended you send as "goods" and pay the extra fee.

2) will the person I sent it to be charged?

Not if you sent it as "friends or family."

And 3) ignoring the charging part did I do it correctly so the recipient will get the money i sent?

As long as you sent it the correct email address, then yes. Check your paypal transaction to see whether the transaction is "unclaimed." If unclaimed, then it's not a valid paypal address and the payment can be cancelled by you.

The only time you will get charged when you are "sending money to family or friends" is if you used your credit card for payment. If this is what you did, you might as well send the money as "goods" as long as you have a confirmed shipping address and send extra to cover the fee.

To calculate the fee, go to: http://www.thefeecalculator.com

To answer your questions:

1) how do I send it without getting charged?

Send payment as "friends or family" and use either the PayPal balance or a bank account. If you are unfamiliar with the seller, it is recommended you send as "goods" and pay the extra fee.

2) will the person I sent it to be charged?

Not if you sent it as "friends or family."

And 3) ignoring the charging part did I do it correctly so the recipient will get the money i sent?

As long as you sent it the correct email address, then yes. Check your paypal transaction to see whether the transaction is "unclaimed." If unclaimed, then it's not a valid paypal address and the payment can be cancelled by you.
Thank you very much for the answer.
The purchase did show in transactions so hopefully all is good.
I had to use pre-paid credit card as I don't have one, so I guess I will have to get charged with very purchase, but as long ad the person I'm buying from isn't charged I'm all good :)

Congrats! I remember my first purchase...beeatingu, Little Mermaid Artist Sketch Series Lithograph - Pin ONLY :lol: Great pin...traded it...but great pin.

Just don't get addicted, so many really cheap pins out there for only a few bucks can eventually amass to $500 of pins (I speak from personal experience hence why I had to have a sale to purge all my pins since I owed massive amounts of money to my parental unit). Anyways, can't wait to see what pin it was ;)

Congrats! I remember my first purchase...beeatingu, Little Mermaid Artist Sketch Series Lithograph - Pin ONLY :lol: Great pin...traded it...but great pin.

Just don't get addicted, so many really cheap pins out there for only a few bucks can eventually amass to $500 of pins (I speak from personal experience hence why I had to have a sale to purge all my pins since I owed massive amounts of money to my parental unit). Anyways, can't wait to see what pin it was ;)
Heh, I've already figured out the addicting part. Have to restrain myself from not buying pins from everyone.
And I will probably post pictures when I get them, as the pins are my first "big" ones and will give my collection a good lil boost ;)

Can't wait :x: I'm gonna guess its Lion King for the time being based on your Pinpics account name :D
actually I don't really like lion king.. lol
Name is inside thing with some friends. I like stitch and the little green aliens the most, even though those aren't in my purchase either .. :p

jzidsm.jpg

My first purchase ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back