• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you arrange pins in your BOOKS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you arrange pins in your BOOKS???

erudolf

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've been wondering this for awhile and thought it might be an interesting topic. How do you arrange your pins in your books? Not on your cork boards or frames, but the ones in Pin BOOKS?

I have all cloth books (no binders) and I do it differently between keepers and traders. For my keepers I have them categorized by book and on each page they are arranged so that they are pleasing to the eye (well....my eyes at least! :lol:). I have a DA LE 100 Stitch book, an All Other DA Stitch book, an Other Non-DA Stitch book, two (just starting on my second) Halloween/Characters as other Characters/Mansion/Nightmare books, and one All Other book. How I arrange the pages is difficult to describe so I'll try to post pictures when I get a chance, but I don't just put them in there. I move them around do find the best spot amongst the other pins on the page.

My traders on the other hand I just put in neat rows on the page. At one point I even had then in my book in order by Pinpics number and before that they were grouped by LE. That was just too difficult to keep up with tough, so now I just do simple rows and move pins up in the book as empty spots appear.

What about you? Is anyone else as particular as I am about how their pins are arranged in their books?

My keeper books are however I think to put them on the page so they are neat to look at. Might be in rows, other in some funky pattern like way. LoL! For the most part, I have them grouped by Character in my everything else book, but I do have two pin books that are only Lion King & another that's only Cast pins.

My trader book is mostly done in rows. I have it broken down though by like hidden mickey pins, cast pins, open edition pins and limited pins (in order from smallest to highest LE) :)

For my Alice in Wonderland collection I have a book for public pins, a book for above LE1000 to LE1000, a book for LE500, a book for LE250 and two books for LE100 and less. Then I have a book for each "story" like Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, UP, etc. Those are sorted by public pins first to the lowest LE pin. I also have five books of pin "sets" which were sold or traded as sets and I will not break them up. They are sorted by LE number. My traders are arranged the same way but not as many books. I know - I'm sorta obsessive about being organized. It takes me about a month of working 5 hours a day to re-organize my books. It's almost like having a job, but I'm "paying" Disney to work:)

Good question!! I have 2 books which both are made up of my trade pins & they are all grouped by character or theme, every so often i'll quickly go through & fill the gaps where a pin has been traded out etc. I have placed cork in between the sleeves to do away with the bulky mickey backs which I find awkward to remove when someone wants to look at a pin - cork is so much easier. I'll admit that trade books are so much nicer to look through when the trader has spent time grouping the pins, it just shows an extra bit of attention to detail

All my collection is on cork boards & there's pictures of them in the gallery on the DPF

Well, most of my keepers are currently in boxes...I'm re-doing all my frames and such.

So my books are all trading books.

I used to have both binders (for pins w/cards) and cloth bags, but eventually, I just had too many books that way, so now I take them off the cards, label the cards, and put the cards in another bag.

But to actually ANSWER your question...I arrange them by characters on the pages. By bag, I sort them by edition size/value. I have 2 LE 100/rare bags, one LE 250-500ish bag, and one "easy" bag. :)

I have multiple books
two that have my Disney baseball and one for my Major and Minor league baseball pins
one that has Walt Disney and completed sets
one each for the 4 parks at WDW
one that has holidays, cm and hidden mickey/lanyard pins
one that has odds and ends
2 that have complete Disney store sets
i think i have a total of 10 pin books as I have 2 that have pins in them from my most recent trips to WDW

then My mom has 1 maybe 2 that have all Goofy, and zebras

As of yesterday, I no longer have any keepers in a book. They are all on boards or display boxes/frames. I just finished rearranging the trader book today. I've arranged it mostly by character/subject but I've got a page just for random pins on a card and a misc. page. We've only got one main trading bag so some characters share a page. Since the traders move around more often, I don't really care if they are that nicely lined up.

I really like swim2sea idea on pins, I love to collect chip and dale & christmas pins and my pin books are a mess, but that is a good way to keep them organized, by addition size I am heading to DLR on Friday and plan on getting a couple more pin books, I really like the 10th anniversary one's so I am hoping that they are still available. and then when I get back that is new years goal to redo my pin bookshttp://disneypinforum.com/member.php?72-swim2sea

I have one big book for my 101 Dalmatian/Cruella collection. I don't have enough pins to separate the two yet. I separate the first part to LE100 or less (I only have one that is less) or what I call my show pieces. Then I separate them into LE100+ to LE500, then LE500 to 1000, then LE1000+, then those that are not LE pins I have separated into Dalmatian pins and Cruella Pins.

My traders are in a big box with absolutely no organization at all. Its a wonder I can find them when I need them.

I have actually posted some of our books and because we try to concemtrate on certain catagories its pretty easy.

Lizzie has a Dalmatian Book and they are arranged in no particular order, just what makes the pages look nice.
Then she has a Stitch book and all of her others on on boards.

Max has a Star Wars Book and A vinylmation Book
The Star Wars is Random but the Vinylmations are in order of their release and in rows as sets.

I dont have books, all of my pins are on boards and I have a post for those too.

I am feeling like a tard here....

I use notebooks with the 9 pocket plastic sheets, I have my books broken down by collections, IE Tiki room, Wall-E, But I have mine in numerical order from lowest number on pin pics to the most current. It is a pain, but it is the easiest way for me to remember.

Ok, I finally took some picture that are good examples of how I do my keepers. If the page/collection I spend more time on it to make them look nice but if I'm still adding/looking for pins they kind of sit in limbo in my book until I'm ready.

Here are some completed pages:

101208 019.jpg

101208 020.jpg

101208 022.jpg

101208 025.jpg

101208 028.jpg

My traders are arranged in books according to value, LE, and kind -- not precisely, but roughly. "Kind" sort of means type of collection (another loose term).

My keepers aren't in books except for the Alice collection. Alice is in two trading books, arranged in no particular order, except that sets are together, and bubble pins or fragile pins are together on one page with nothing on the page facing them (to minimize the possibility of damage). Sadly, because they are in trading books, I don't usually look at the Alice pins -- which is another reason they aren't in any particular order. (The HM Alice chess pieces are arranged as on a chess board, but that's about the extent of fancy arrangement.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back