• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How Long Would You Wait?

How Long Would You Wait?

tokyodisneydad

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I am just curious....How long would you wait for pins or items that you are expecting from a trade or bid on an auction before getting a mod involved?

I've had three situations come up where I haven't recieved the items promised from a trade or auction bid. I know the persons have recieved the items from me, but I have yet to recieve anything from them. I have contacted the persons in question and in two cases they have contacted me back. In one case I understand the situation and am ok waiting longer with no problem...in the second case I understood the situation atbthe time , but after that itv has still been long enough that I should have recieved the item promised. In the third situiation I recieved no reply.

I want to trsut folks and I even know that there are a few times that I have been slow when sending, but it has never taken months and months.

Advice???

I would say it depends on where the items are coming from and where they are going. For an overseas trade I usually give them 30-45 days. That's probably over-generous since I get most of the pins before that, but I do understand it takes longer than inside US deliveries. For continental US I only give 2 weeks. And again most of the time I get them before that. Why not contact a PinPics mod if you made the trade there or contact a mod on here if you made the trade here. There are a lot of folks who are willing to help you.

For an overseas trade I usually give them 30-45 days. That's probably over-generous since I get most of the pins before that, but I do understand it takes longer than inside US deliveries. For continental US I only give 2 weeks. And again most of the time I get them before that.

Yup. I agree with this. Of course every situation is different though. I know things can get lost in the mail, or a person can be slow to send. To me the most important thing is that they communicate. When that stops happening is when I consider taking it to a mod. Especially if I see that person is active on the forum, but ignoring my PMs. lol.

For the one you should have already, if it is coming from a country that is using any form of tracking or customs ID, you could ask if they have a number yet. I know when I mail anything pin wise, it always has a tracking or customs number that shows I dropped it off at the local PO, so while it might lost in the ether known as post office limbo at times, the recipient will always know I did ship it and then both they and I can follow up with the local post offices to see if it can be found.

As for "No Reply", have they logged in since your last PM? If so, I would forward that to a mod. If they have been MIA, there might be something else wrong, and you might need to see if you contact them via another means.

Oh LiliMay...I wasn't referring to our trade....you had been communicating so i knew what was up with that. BUT thanks for letting me know.

For international trades, I would recommend allowing at least 4-6 weeks for the items to arrive. Even though your pin(s) might already have made it, well, you need to make allowances for both postal carriers and time to clear customs in different countries. It's entirely possible (especially with international transactions) for one LBE to arrive days or weeks before the other because of these - and many other - variables. As long as you've got open communication, I wouldn't worry.

Once you go outside of that time frame and you can't get a response from the other party, I would contact a moderator for assistance. If you made the trades through Pin Pics, contact one of their moderators (I would suggest Bev, if she's still there, as she's extremely experienced and will be more than happy to help). If the trade was arranged here on DPF, please don't hesitate to contact myself or another member of the Staff; we're here to help and just a mouse click away.

I had one International trade that took 2 months to get there. It made me nervous waiting. That's why I don't trade International much....in fact just the one time.

Last edited:
Back