• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to trust China sellers for HKDL pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to trust China sellers for HKDL pins?

beckysaurus

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hi all,

Since I am pretty new to pin trading and am not fully adept at pinpointing fakes out the gate, I am enlisting help with finding the HKDL frankenweenie LE pins. Any suggestions on trustworthy eBay sellers? I don't know any other way to get these pins (WANT) and generally stay away from Hong Kong sellers. Their feedback looks good. What to do?! Any help is appreciated!

I would make sure the pin was on the original backing card, or sealed (if it originally was) Check if the seller has other pins for sale, make sure they all look legit also. Since frankinweenie is a newer movie, I don't think there would be any scrappers, or counterfeit ones made yet. (I'd hope not!!) If anything- I would send the lik to other members and ask their opinion! Good luck!! :) Hope this helps!

Also, If you message the seller you may ask for a picture of the back of the pin just to make sure. :) If they don't reply or make an excuse... that's a bit fishy!!

I actually am kinda sneeky sneeky regarding my HongKong trades via pin pics... I purposely start a dialog. We talk about the HKDL park, I ask about rides, how they got the pins, what they collect...... Usually with a china shipping pinpics request theres about 4-5 emails back and forth before I say yes to the trade.

As to HKDL sellers on ebay. unfortunatly, I just avoid them like a plague.

I actually am kinda sneeky sneeky regarding my HongKong trades via pin pics... I purposely start a dialog. We talk about the HKDL park, I ask about rides, how they got the pins, what they collect...... Usually with a china shipping pinpics request theres about 4-5 emails back and forth before I say yes to the trade.

+1 good tactic!

This ^ Unfortunately, I think I've had about one authentic pin from HKDL Ebay sellers out of about six over time that I've purchased (almost all from different sellers). I guess my best advice to the OP though is NEVER buy if they don't offer a return policy. As long as they accept returns and agree to refund you the money before you buy, then it's no big deal if you get a scrapper/unauthentic pin because you can just return it and get your money back (save for shipping costs). Good luck!

If the person doesn't accept returns, make sure that the item you are buying is covered by Ebay Buyer Protection. Under Ebay Buyer Protection, even if they don't accept returns, if the item they are selling you is not as described (I would say a scrapper isn't as described because something would be wrong with it) or counterfeit, you can send it back to the seller even though they won't want it back, and Ebay will cover the costs of shipping back and the total cost of the item to begin with so you won't lose anything. If the item isn't covered by Ebay Buyer Protection and they don't accept returns, even if every aspect looks great, I'd stay away form it at all costs, grail or not.

I just made a trade with someone on pinpics for the Frankenweenie pins and the trader has tons of great feedback. No sure if she has anymore but I can PM you her pinpics name and see if you have any matches to trade with? Not sure if she would sell to you but maybe.

Thanks for all the help, everyone! I was hoping that post did not sound too rude toward China traders and pin enthusiasts. I know that scrappers are made everywhere but I just wanted to cover my bases :) Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back