• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I don't know about this pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this pin...

JAllenWood

Pond. Amy Pond.
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I was looking at all the new pins coming out this month, and this one just bugs me:
400002179283.jpg

What uniforms are these suppose to be anyways? They look more like "Comrade Chip N Dale" than anything else. :squint:

Is it just me, or do I need some sleep? :sad:

They don't look Russian to me at all,they look kinda like some kind of ungeneralized military-service uniforms to me,or even some form of pilots uniform.

Though I'm no expert in uniforms.
Something about the pin seems off to me too though,I think its the flowers not looking like they were placed there in memory/honor,and instead are growing there :/

What bothers me about this pin is that Chip and Dale look happy in front of a grave of someone that gave their life for this country. Seems disrespectful to me

Well, not Russian per se, but a communist block country at least. I think it's the hats. Kind of reminds me of these:
images
During WWII, all Allied forces branches had hats similar to these. My father still had his and we used to tease him about it. They were not formal hats however and if honoring a fallen comrade, they should be in dress uniform.

Clearly Dale is a commie. The giant red nose is a dead giveaway.

But no, yeah... All joking aside, I share the sentiment that we probably don't need pins for every holiday / marked date. The "Tax Day" pin raised a bewildered eyebrow from me this weekend, and I agree that this one borders on the creepy / almost disrespectful. They really DO look like they have a kind of Castro vibe going on.

-JD

Last edited:
I was just saying the same comment about this pin seeming morbid.
They could have chosen another way to respect Memorial Day without a grave marker...

Flag's all wrong too.
30 stars, only 11 stripes...

WOW! I can't believe I hadn't noticed this until now. Thanks for pointing it out! You're completely right about this: the uniform, the flag, the smiling at the grave, it is totally disrespectful to our men and women who have given their lives. I hope they decide not to release this pin, it would be distasteful.

When I first saw it on ODPT, I thought it seemed like a weird kind of idea for a Disney pin too. Usually Disney tends to keep away from anything death related at all, except for the Haunted Mansion of course!

Pretty sure Fidel's uniform has pants.

The more I look at this pin the weirder the fact that "Memorial Day 2011" being written on a tombstone gets.

Now we know what Gomer Pyle would look as an animated character...

Disney pins in general are a hit or miss which seemed a lot better in the planning stages. Though If you look at all the past patriotic theme pins, the character in it will probably be smiling, like Disney's own signature with the characters.

Regarding the pin itself, the WW2 uniforms and poppies are likely a reference to Flander's field. White poppies are a call for peace in complement/contrast to it's red counterpart for military rememberance. Aren't white poppies only artficial though?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back