• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! I was the RAK victim?!? with pics

ZAPPED! I was the RAK victim?!? with pics

King Niptune

?????
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Wow... you guys are all so awesome. Apparently I was the May RAK victim and I could not be more thankful.

I'll paint the picture...

I came home today after working 12 hours with two young adults with autism. 12 hours! When I walked into my tiny apartment my roommate told me I got two packages in the mail. I knew I was getting one from a recent trade, but I had no idea what the second one was.

On the outside of the package there was a note that said to read it before I opened the package. That's when I found out I was the RAK. The first thing I did was text my girlfriend, who is away at job training for a Stepping Stones camp, and she mentioned that she nominated me (with another person or two I guessing)! I don't know how she did that from my account, but she did lol She's more of a lurkerIt made me so happy to read all of the notes... It really has been an awful start of the year for me, but things are looking better already.

As you can see from the pictures below, my apartment is small.lol This is my "kitchen" table. It also hold my packing supplies, de-icer (can probably put that away), and an empty napkin holder...

Among the highlights of what I received today were pins (obviously), a really cool Vinylmation figure, candy, Swedish chocolate, a classical Wynton Marsalis CD (an awesome trumpet player with whom I have had the pleasure of meeting and taking some lessons. Now the artistic director of Jazz@Lincoln Center in NYC)...and smoked salmon!

For those of you that sent Stitch pins, those will be going directly to my little brother. He is 16 and has autism. We actually started pin trading together to help him initiate conversation and practice social skills. He will be at the September Villains Event with my father and I on Saturday (couldn't get Friday) so if anybody wants to meet him I am sure he would love to. I will try to snatch a picture of his reaction when he sees them... It will be a few weeks from now since he lives with my parents... and David, he will love the smoked salmon so I am going to save it until then... think it will stay "fresh"?lol

Sadly, I was tricked into thinking the RAK person was somebody other than myself and I forgot to ship out their pin!!! Now I feel guilty lol

Anyway...pictures!

photo_zps605189c3.jpg

photo_1_zps121ac3a2.jpg

photo_2_zps1d72424d.jpg

photo_3_zps13ae09ec.jpg

Yes the salmon will stay fresh. It is vacuum packed. Congrats on being my first victim!!! I had a heck of a time getting that box closed!!! I was actually glad you didn't send anything. Just would have been one more thing to put into your box.

I would watch your girlfriend, she is a sneaky one. :lol:

Congratulations!!!

Congrats!! That looks like it was a lot of fun to open :p Hope you got a lot of stuff you love!

Back