• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Individual Designer Fairytale Couples Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual Designer Fairytale Couples Pins

PrincessMcqueen

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,
Need to sell my pins that were purchased from ebay. Just trying to recoup money. All prices include shipping with tracking and signature confirmation in a flat rate box.

Paypal gift payment
Ariel/Eric 280
Belle/Beast 230
Jasmine/Aladdin 170

Paypal goods pricing

Ariel/Eric 288.67
Belle/Beast 237.18
Jasmine/Aladdin 175.39

2qmnl3t.jpg

2lveo9e.jpg

2wnr3it.jpg

2cqz0hi.jpg

Last edited:
If you sold them on eBay you would pay at least a 13% fee on the entire sale including the shipping charges so the prices you are asking are actually substantially more than what you would make selling there. I personally cannot imagine anyone feeling safe sending payment as a gift ato a member with no feedback and so few posts as there is no protection for them and this is not a $5.00 transaction, the fees are no more than 4% in the US even if the buyer uses a credit card.

You should be sure that your Paypal account is verified and is able to accept payments for goods so that there will be some sort of buyer protection. I would also encourage you to figure in the Paypal fees to our asking price as well as looking at what these pins have been selling for both here and on eBay so that you are in the ballpark of the going rate.

Everyone is new at some point and if you are offering a fair price with protection for the buyers you should be able to sell them.

Good luck!

May I please ask your out of pocket expense for Ariel and Eric?
The set I was co oping was $1500.00 and because I didn't list my $350.00 for Rapunzel and Flynn, I got accused of getting her for free as the other 4 totaled $1200.00. Rapunzel is selling for around $325.00 now. If you bring her down to that price, I'll take her. But I want a picture of actual pin. I'm always getting pins with defects and flaws. And I then sell them as my pins have to be perfect.
Molly is right, with no feedback and being new, I'd be nervous not to have buyer protection.

Last edited:
May I please ask your out of pocket expense for Ariel and Eric?
The set I was co oping was $1500.00 and because I didn't list my $350.00 for Rapunzel and Flynn, I got accused of getting her for free as the other 4 totaled $1200.00. Rapunzel is selling for around $325.00 now. If you bring her down to that price, I'll take her. But I want a picture of actual pin. I'm always getting pins with defects and flaws. And I then sell them as my pins have to be perfect.
Molly is right, with no feedback and being new, I'd be nervous not to have buyer protection.

but she isnt running a co-op...

Hi,
I totally understand everyone being nervous. All i can do is promise I am a trustworthy person. My husband paid 1250 for the set. (I know, he should have waited for a bit cheaper). Of course if you wanted to send it as a paypal payment, that'd be fine, I'd just want to add enough to cover those costs as I'm really just trying to get our money back.

Any more feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
If you sold them on eBay you would pay at least a 13% fee on the entire sale including the shipping charges so the prices you are asking are actually substantially more than what you would make selling there. I personally cannot imagine anyone feeling safe sending payment as a gift ato a member with no feedback and so few posts as there is no protection for them and this is not a $5.00 transaction, the fees are no more than 4% in the US even if the buyer uses a credit card.

You should be sure that your Paypal account is verified and is able to accept payments for goods so that there will be some sort of buyer protection. I would also encourage you to figure in the Paypal fees to our asking price as well as looking at what these pins have been selling for both here and on eBay so that you are in the ballpark of the going rate.

Everyone is new at some point and if you are offering a fair price with protection for the buyers you should be able to sell them.

Good luck!

Hi Molly, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you could say my take home is a lot more since I won't lose the 13% from ebay but I bought them from ebay so I'm not making anything at all. I would guess most people selling on there got the set for $200. So they're making a lot. If I sold them for exactly what hubbie paid then we'd lose 13% from the $1250 my husband originally paid, so I'd have no pins and be out 163 dollars. So that's why I'm trying to sell them here. If no one wants them then eventually I guess I'll have to try ebay but then up the price so the take home is still as close to 1250 as possible.

Yes my paypal account is verified.

Also sorry if anyone thinks I'm charging too much. Really I am just trying to get our money back. It was a wonderful gift but we really just can't afford to keep it. I'm a relatively new collector so just trying to learn the ropes but I can guarantee you your pins will be sent if you buy from me - safely and securely. I'm a mom of two little kids - I would never scam people like that. Makes me sad to think people would.

Anyway I tend to be very long winded. Thanks all for looking.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is thinking you are long-winded.

The going rate on ebay right now for the set is $1250-1300-ish.

For paypal fees, go here:

http://www.thefeecalculator.com

Make sure that the buyer also has a confirmed shipping address and (is also verified) and for those 2 pins that are priced above $250, make sure you use signature confirmation, which is $2.20 to $2.60, depending on if you use PayPal Shipping Assistant or the post office.

I think you should edit your listing to put the price as PayPal goods with shipping included (for the US).

So, these are the prices (calculating shipping at $6 to cover first class mail & signature confirmation and calculating PayPal fees into the mix):
Rapunzel/Flynn: $387.53
Belle/Beast: $263.95
Snow/Prince: $191.86
Jasmine/Aladdin: $212.46

Good luck with your sale. You *may* be able to find someone to take the whole set, if you're willing to sell. It may also help to know what location you are at in case the buyer wants to make local pick-up ararngements

I don't think anyone is thinking you are long-winded.

The going rate on ebay right now for the set is $1250-1300-ish.

For paypal fees, go here:

http://www.thefeecalculator.com

Make sure that the buyer also has a confirmed shipping address and (is also verified) and for those 2 pins that are priced above $250, make sure you use signature confirmation, which is $2.20 to $2.60, depending on if you use PayPal Shipping Assistant or the post office.

I think you should edit your listing to put the price as PayPal goods with shipping included (for the US).

So, these are the prices (calculating shipping at $6 to cover first class mail & signature confirmation and calculating PayPal fees into the mix):
Rapunzel/Flynn: $387.53
Belle/Beast: $263.95
Snow/Prince: $191.86
Jasmine/Aladdin: $212.46

Good luck with your sale. You *may* be able to find someone to take the whole set, if you're willing to sell. It may also help to know what location you are at in case the buyer wants to make local pick-up ararngements

Starry - what wonderful help. Thank you so much. I'll do it just as you said :)

Would you post internationally?

Yes I could but I'd have to look into shipping. I know it's harder to get tracking and delivery confirm but I'd want that since it scares me a bit having it go so far. Lemme know if you want me to look into it more. I'd guess with all the extra tracking, insurance and all that it'd be kind of costly.

And thanks all for all your messages.

Good luck! I wish I could afford the rapunzel. i'm really praying that the prices go down just a bit more for her. She's become my grail of grails.

Hey Starry - Is it ok to put it in the co-op if I'm not keeping any myself?

I think so. What happened with Snow White? Also, you might consider joining the Facebook pin groups (there are multiple) and only listing the goods price. Make sure you emphasize that the buyer must have a confirmed US shipping address.

I think so. What happened with Snow White? Also, you might consider joining the Facebook pin groups (there are multiple) and only listing the goods price. Make sure you emphasize that the buyer must have a confirmed US shipping address.

She's already been safely shipped off to her new home :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back