• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is SO crazy how things happen! I am going to the Love is Magical Event!! Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is SO crazy how things happen! I am going to the Love is Magical Event!! Question

heyyouwannatrade

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Most of you know I sold off the majority of my pin collection a few weeks ago. I was really sad about it but the money was extremely needed so there was not much choice there.

Megan and her dad came to pick them up and we just hit it off right away. They stayed for several hours chatting and looking over the pins. My 4 year old may have tortured her dad for a little while but we had a really great time meeting one another. Since then we have chatted on the phone several times and it is like I have found a long lost sister. Making a new friend has been great and makes letting go of a much loved collection 10 times easier. :lol:

WELL, yesterday I get a call from Megan with this "crazy idea". Alright, I am all for crazy ideas, let me hear it. :) She asks me to come down to Disney for the event and spend a few days down there with them. She needed to make sure she would be able to sign her dads ticket over to me and I needed to make sure I could find a way to get down there so we tried not to get too excited and said we would see what we could find out.

Well, as of this morning the ticket has been changed to my name and I am booked on Amtrak to head down to Disney!!! I got a phone call saying "PACK YOUR BAGS, YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD". :lol: I can not TELL you how excited I am. I had no idea when I would be able to plan another trip 2 days ago and now I am going in a week!!! I have also never been to a pin event before in all of my years of collecting but have always wanted to so I am beyond excited to be able to do this.

I told her this morning I have always been the "parent" taking the kids to disney every year and now I get to go and feel like "the kid" myself. I don't even know what to do with myself...lol I am just so excited about this. If you see a crazy person having a wonderful time acting like a kid, well, don't mind me. :lol:

I can not believe that selling my pins has led to meeting great people, making a wonderful friend and now plans to have a blast in Disney for 3 days!

SO, I need some help with one thing... transportation!! I will be arriving at the Amtrak Station Friday morning at about 10:20 (unless is runs late obviously) and then back to the Amtrak Station from AKV on Sunday at 6:30-7. I have checked on taxi service and it is going to run me close to $50 each way! I can not fathom having to spend $100 to get to and from AKV and the Amtrak Station. I can not seem to find out about shuttles or something like that. Does anyone know of any way to get between the 2 points any cheaper? I was counting on $20-$25 each way being just one person but not $50. Heck, I am only paying $100 for the whole roundtrip Amtrak ride so I can not imagine doubling that just over a 25 minute drive. Crazy I tell you. I have searched and searched with no luck at all. Anyone else coming in around that time on Amtrak by chance so we could maybe split a fare? IDEAS?? PLEASE??

Can't wait to meet some of you. This will be my first time meeting any pin traders in person so I can't wait.

Last edited:
Wish I could help with the transportation, but I am in CA. :3

But I am so happy to hear that great things have found you in unexpected ways. :)

wow so exciting, well congrats and you will have an amazing time, see you there. :)
you see, life is that as bad as it seems when you put disney in it. :)

We are taking the magical express from the airport, so we will not have a car. I hope to meet you at the event!

JoAnne

Megan and her dad are great! I traded with her back during Trade City!

Try Lynx

It is a bus service, but you should be able to take it for less than $5 to Downtown Disney and then board the Bus to Animal Kingdom. I know it seems like a hassle, but it may be the most cost efficient.

Mears charged us $20 plus tax from the Airport to Downtown Disney hotel. You should check with them too.

Have a magical time!!!

Megan and her dad are great! I traded with her back during Trade City!

Try Lynx

It is a bus service, but you should be able to take it for less than $5 to Downtown Disney and then board the Bus to Animal Kingdom. I know it seems like a hassle, but it may be the most cost efficient.

Mears charged us $20 plus tax from the Airport to Downtown Disney hotel. You should check with them too.

Have a magical time!!!

Oh you totally ROCK!!! I just called and YES, I can take Lynx to get to DTD for $2 each way!! WOW!! It is a little extra work but well worth it to not toss out $100 on a cab...lol Thank you so much!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I am definitely looking forward to meeting some of you. :)

That is so so awesome! :D I am so happy for you! I am in a similar situation as yourself. I will not be going to WDW, but I just lost my job of 5 years a week ago. I've been searching for a new job immediately but no luck. I just got married and we will be struggling to pay the bills. When I came home the other day from one of my interviews, my dad surprised me and told me that mom and I will be going on the Disney Dream cruise to the Bahamas on Feb 3rd!!! I couldn't imagine something like this in my wildest dreams! <3 Everything works in a mysterious way, and everything happens for a reason! :eek:)

That is so so awesome! :D I am so happy for you! I am in a similar situation as yourself. I will not be going to WDW, but I just lost my job of 5 years a week ago. I've been searching for a new job immediately but no luck. I just got married and we will be struggling to pay the bills. When I came home the other day from one of my interviews, my dad surprised me and told me that mom and I will be going on the Disney Dream cruise to the Bahamas on Feb 3rd!!! I couldn't imagine something like this in my wildest dreams! <3 Everything works in a mysterious way, and everything happens for a reason! :eek:)

Oh that is so sweet. I hope you have a truly wonderful trip with your mom. What an amazing surprise.

I know how tough the job market is. With my husband having 10 years exp and then a 2 year degree on top of that he still had no luck with every job he tried for. It has been like there is a black cloud hanging over us as far as work goes. He actually just got a call yesterday with an offer to start a job Feb 14th so we are so very grateful. Unfortunately it is going through a temp agency so the pay is not good but if we can make it through the 3 month time frame we hope the company will hire him on. We have our fingers crossed as it would be an ok job long run if he can get on in. They are making a big expansion so I am sure they will be taking a lot of people in.

Yesterday was just a good news kind of day I do believe.

((HUGS)) to you! I do hope you find something quickly and that you enjoy your upcoming vacation. Ah, a Disney cruise... I dream! :D

What a wonderful surprise! I hope you have a great time! :) It's nice to know your collection went to someone that will truly appreciate it, Megan and her dad sound like great people!

Oh that is so sweet. I hope you have a truly wonderful trip with your mom. What an amazing surprise.

I know how tough the job market is. With my husband having 10 years exp and then a 2 year degree on top of that he still had no luck with every job he tried for. It has been like there is a black cloud hanging over us as far as work goes. He actually just got a call yesterday with an offer to start a job Feb 14th so we are so very grateful. Unfortunately it is going through a temp agency so the pay is not good but if we can make it through the 3 month time frame we hope the company will hire him on. We have our fingers crossed as it would be an ok job long run if he can get on in. They are making a big expansion so I am sure they will be taking a lot of people in.

Yesterday was just a good news kind of day I do believe.

((HUGS)) to you! I do hope you find something quickly and that you enjoy your upcoming vacation. Ah, a Disney cruise... I dream! :D

So happy to hear all the good news! Enjoy!

Thank you so much guys. I am quite sure it will be a blast. I am already rummaging through the house like a crazy person just trying to see if I have anything left I don't remember having or anything in my old trader book so I can at least bring a few traders down. I did buy one lot of cool jumbo pins from the bay so I will at least have those to bring. I hope to get to do some trading with you guys. :) My 8 year old is sending me down with his lanyard from last trip to try and trade for some things he likes (prob with cm's in the park since it is nothing overly interesting...lol). Anyone know if they will be trading vinyls as well? We let him do that last trip and he really loved it. There were a few that he searched every day for and never found so I will be on the look out for those as well as the Star Wars and Villains ones as he just crazy over those. :D

WOW!! So happy for you!! You are going to have a wonderful time, and I am so happy that a difficult siuation connected you with such an amazing person! That is what our hobby is meant to really be about -- just love it!!

Thank you so much guys. :) I am so excited now. I can't believe I will be there in a week. Crazy!! :D I am really looking forward to meeting everyone who will be there.

I am so excited you figured out how to get to AKL!!!!!!!!! :) HOORAY!!!!! Oh! I can't wait!!!! So now, just one more thing to decide....where do you want to EAT?????? ;-)

I am definitely glad I found a less costly way to get out to AKL than the $50 taxi ride...lol I will have to transfer 3 total times but I will be "trying" to pack light so hopefully it will not be too complicated. :) So glad we got to chat today about where to eat and such. Mmm... yummy food!! LOL I am definitely crazy excited. I have already started getting stuff together. I am trying to get a bag ready for the train so I won't be bored to death on the 12 hour ride down. I am hoping to talk my sis into letting me use her netbook. I THINK there is wifi on the train so that would be nice. First time on a train, first time to Disney without the kids (except once when I was 11) and first pin event. Lots of firsts in just a few days time. I know it will be a blast. See you SOON! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back