• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jrdnsmom Free spreading happiness game! prize a pin with Rapunzel in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrdnsmom Free spreading happiness game! prize a pin with Rapunzel in it!

Jrdnsmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
I want to spread cheer, and bring a smile to someone in the form of a yellow bubble mailer with a goodie inside
How you ask??

It's easy, only a couple of rules

1. only one entry per username, exception is multiple people on one username, for those sharing username each entrant is to put thier real name in thier enry.
2. all that is required is to share words of inspiration, joy, kindness, cheer
3.contest starts tonight, ends Thursday march 14th 8pm Disneyland time
4. Winner will be announced here and then PM'd

Whats the prize? it's not much, I don't have much to give but I have an extra and wanted to share it.

http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=94138&sid=9095.1362822511.v2

[pinpics]94138[/pinpics]

i'll start it off with an example

You are wonderful, fantastic, special, having you in my life brings me much joy!

Btw the above statement is 100% true, the above comment is for all of you!

I will start with my happiness! It is my birthday today and I had a blast at DSF and litte tokyo! We waited in line, chatted with people in the rain, and got my OZ pins!(although no surprise release...) My BF took me to little tokyo and we had lunch at Fuga, my favorite bar ever! And then we check a new noodle house which will be opened next week, had two $3 udon in large bowls, and $1 draft, yeah!
And most important, I got my first tangled PODM! I bought it from a french seller and it finally arrives today, after two weeks! My birthday present for myself!

Last edited:
Life is an extremely fragile thing. In the blink of an eye, snap of a finger or a single simple breath of air it can all change. We MUST cherish every moment and keep all of our wonderfully special thoughts in a memory bouquet and to all the magnificent people here. You are in that bouquet. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT! May all the magic that Walt created so many years ago stay in your hearts, mind and soul. He would want it that way.

They have a Easter egg hunt at my job every year with a free picture with the Easter bunny. My oldest daughter made the Easter bunny a cute picture and I told her I would send it to him. My boss told me her sister was dressing up as the Easter bunny and I gave her the picture to give to the Easter bunny (boss's sister). We get to the head of the line and my daughter walks up to the Easter bunny and the bunny pulls my daughters picture out from under her seat and shows my daughter and gives her this huge hug....my daughters face was priceless....makes me smile every time. :)

Omg! this morning I wake up and am smiling ear to ear, I love it! This is going to be hard to pick a winner. keep them coming everyone!

Today I woke up to a brand new bright sunny new day! no clouds, only blue, a new day full of new possiblities! Make this day full of wonderful memories, a day where I put the negative behind me and look forward to the positive! may you have a wonderful day too!

BTW- My game was inspired by two wonderful members here! they make me feel so wonderful when I feel down, I always Know where to go read positive vibes, Hollie (fireheadfred) and her almost daily Happiness and The-lost-sun-princess and her games full of poetry, art, and happiness, thanks you two for all the happiness you spred.

Last edited:
There is a Swedish saying that translated would be something like: Dont celebrate the win before you have won. I think it is like the english saying "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched".
But I always say "Always celebrate the win an advance, the worst thing that can happen is that you have been happy to much" The saying works better in Swedish but I hope you get my point! :)
And then I always sing a Swedish song to my girls, that is so special. I will try to translate it, it is so beautiful:
I hope you know that you are precious, that you are loved here and now, that you are loved because of who you are, because there is no one like you (or because you are uniqe) Its kind of hard to translate these things and make them sound good in English. :)
But I hope you get what I meen and that you know that in what ever situation you are in you always have a choice to be happy. No one can decide for you how you should react but your self. I always think of that when someone like cuts in line or stuff like that. Its easy to be irritated, but in the end its always my choice how to react and if I choose to be happy it makes both my life better and the one around me happier because happiness spreads!

from a post I saw on tumblr that I agree with

life is not a race, it's not about who has the most achievements or money. It's your own happiness that matters :hug:

i love you so much it hurts a little.

ok heres the deal. i'm lucky enough to be getting this pin in a trade :D so i want you to zap someone with it. someone who realllllly needs it.

from what i've learnt in the last 4 years, no matter what anyone thinks or says, even the horrible little Gothel's that live in your head (thats what my friend jess calls mine) you are stronger then you can ever imagine, life is for living not just watching, don't let it slip away. you are worth a good life, a happy life and you deserve love

love for this whole community!

548218_10151481477120057_704888253_n.jpg

i love you so much it hurts a little.

ok heres the deal. i'm lucky enough to be getting this pin in a trade :D so i want you to zap someone with it. someone who realllllly needs it.

from what i've learnt in the last 4 years, no matter what anyone thinks or says, even the horrible little Gothel's that live in your head (thats what my friend jess calls mine) you are stronger then you can ever imagine, life is for living not just watching, don't let it slip away. you are worth a good life, a happy life and you deserve love

love for this whole community!

548218_10151481477120057_704888253_n.jpg

OMG! I want that picture so bad! are you trading it?

Hold onto hope because its always there. Everything happens for a reason, and just because things are bad now doesn't mean they will be bad forever, and the outcome may be for the best. You are loved, don't forget it.

Life is an extremely fragile thing. In the blink of an eye, snap of a finger or a single simple breath of air it can all change. We MUST cherish every moment and keep all of our wonderfully special thoughts in a memory bouquet and to all the magnificent people here. You are in that bouquet. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT! May all the magic that Walt created so many years ago stay in your hearts, mind and soul. He would want it that way.
I particularly love this one. I got all teary eyed especially since we just lost an awesome young man.

My happiness was giving a DPF member a box of food for her family and a card and envelope of contributions from another site to help her in her time of need. My happiness was on the same night getting to see her open her RAK attack and seeing all the generosity of the members of DPF in action as her eyes welled up in tears. That was truly an inspiring moment to me. These are the moments in life we live for here, my room mate and I. They do not get to happen all that often so we embrace them with all that we have. Seeing the overwhelming joy on her face as it sunk in that so many had helped and given to her during this time was for me unmeasurable joy. I was thrilled to play a small part in the event,

Alex: Every time you feel as though life's obstacles take a little bit more out of you, injuring your soul, just remember that like the pearl, which is the result of a tear resulting in injury to an oyster, the end result is a more beautiful you.

Bruna: You may find that certain individuals bring a smile to your face, but rest assured that you are one of the individuals that with these very gestures you create, brings a smile to another person's face.

i do not want to enter this game but just wanted to drop by and say Thank you to all who have shared inspiring stories, quotes, and comments. It is the little things like this that make everything right in the world. :)

I am blessed beyond belief and with that thought, not everyone might think so. I believe it has to do with the following:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain"

If I waited for storms to pass, I would still be waiting for my daughter's storm to pass-instead I am dancing in the rain with my granddaughter, Sedona. I think that each day is precious with her and since we are not promised tomorrow, I certainly want her to remember all of our todays.

Here's hoping that we all can do more rain dancing than waiting;)

Good afternoon everyone! I don't know how im going to pick just one, Can I? Plenty of days left for this contest, to write something inspirational, and take a chance at getting a free pin.

I was fortunate enough to also to be there to witness the opening of the RAK attack. I am new to the site but thanks to Rocke01, I feel like I know a lot of you. The love and magic that you share to and for one another is unbelievable. If only the world were more like the people here!! You all are so willing to step above, to encourage, to uplift, to cry and to laugh for people that you have never met. That is what helps people to overcome the adversities of life. The generosity of others!! I look forward to getting to know you all better!!

Thank you all for being the wonderful people that you are!!

Hmmm my positive thoughts today are....i dont need a self lubricating cathetar. Although my toilet decides when it feels in the mood to flush I HAVE a toilet (and yes i had only an outhouse for a period in my ife) I am grateful that alothough my boobs are sagging they have yet to reach my waistband. I am happy i can laugh at the water dripping down my fireplace cause at least the gutters arent leeking anymore and flooding my basement. Most of all, and seriously, DAILY i gain strength and inspiration from you nut jobs on this site! I truly am grateful and addicted to DPF more than the pins. Yesterday i get a text on my phone from mmiano "hi dawny hope your having a great day!" WTF? who does that? I love whats going on here. There has been a major contagous vibe of love, acceptance, giving and kindness that is pure Disney magic.

NOW GIVE E THAT PIN. thank you.

My friend gives me so much positive energy and hope. My friend had been dealing with illnesses all of her life, and she had gotten really sick last year. I decided to nominate her for this award called the "Overcoming Adversity" award at my school, and they chose her to be the recipient. Seeing her accept the award via skype, because she was bedridden, and getting a standing ovation from the audience was truly amazing and inspiring. The reason I wanted to share this story is that anyone who is dealing with any sort of problems and negativity deserve the support of others. Whether it be the applause of an audience or a hug from a friend, these special moments put into perspective not just our struggles, but the accomplishments that we've made through these struggles.

It is just great seeing so much selflessness and care on DPF for each other. I am still a newbie here, but from what I have seen these past few months, DPF is a community of people who care about pins and each other (not in that particular order). Every time I go on DPF, I am truly thankful that there are still people who are wonderful and kind in this world. Thanks for showing me this DPF Forum. :hug:

Fabulous stories of inspiration and joy! woohoo keep bringing them in, I am in need of inspiration and reading these makes me smile and feel like I can take on this day! I can get up and go excersize (im in the diet contest and struggling) beautiful stuff everyone.

"NO FOOD TASTES AS GOOD AS LOOKING GOOD FEELS" some skinny ***** told me that once. words of encouragement. xo:hsd:

OK, THAT made me LOL! Heard it before but it seemed great on an inspirational thread... especially with the comments afterward! It is actually true though. I have been thin a couple of times in my life and it does feel GREAT! Alas... I admit I am addicted to food though.... a true foodie!

First.. WOW>. these are GREAT moments and thoughts of inspiration!

Second ... DAWNY!! OMG.. you make me laugh!! Do you read the skinny b*tch books? I have heard they are funny

Third... I love this site.. this year has been Very difficult for me. For the first time in my life, i had no job for almost 6 months.. as some of you know, i moved to colorado to take care of family.. well life has changed here and they no longer need me here. SO I have been applying all over the place.. and though i get offers, they are not good enough for me to pick up an move(its so pricy!!) So when i found out my tax return was not to be a "return" but a "pay LOTS!" I figured i would have to look for a job right here and will be stuck here for awhile. All that to say.. the day i applied, it was snowing.. and forgive this socal girl.. but i do not like snow.. well maybe i should say.. i do not like the freezing weather that goes with the snow... Anyway... the day i applied was bad and i was struggling to live life with a positive attitude. Well all that to say, the following day, I was called for 3 interviews and got 2 of the jobs on the spot! PTL! Posts like this... remind me how i should be and who i should have faith in...and the members here are amazing! (just sayin!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back