• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
I just asked a Disney Store employee on Disney Store.com's chat, and she said that the word around headquarters is that the merchandise will be released sometime in May. So I would assume its around the exact same time as the Jakks Pacific stuff is released or a little earlier than that.

i like the toys r us dolls way more than the disney ones. D;

aurora looks a little meh and the mold of maleficent's face is NOT ENOUGH CHEEKBONE-GE.

Well we finally get pics of the Disney Store dolls and I must say they look great. I intend on picking up both versions of Maleficent Disney and jakks pacific as I love angelina and the character or Maleficent and I dont mind owning as may versions of her as I can(same goes for Elsa,Donald, and any of my ohter favorite Disney or non Disney characters) I think the Disney sculpt looks more like Jolie when ses not playing Maleficent it could use a bit more cheekbone but overall both sculpts look great with Disneys being more detailed and posable and collectible. Can't wait to get them and other movie merchandise. Hope Disney does an 17" Maleficent as well(either cartoon or movie)

Awww man I want that pin set. I bet that is going to sell fast and be hard to get.

I might get both the Disney and the Jaks dolls. I kind of like them all but prefer the Disney ones.

Does anyone know the release date for the pins? I would love to get them. I'm also hoping for a limited edition Maleficent Doll. I would buy one this spring and another one in the fall. They could make a variation now with a style fitting the new movie and a more classic/traditional one in the fall.

Does anyone know the release date for the pins? I would love to get them. I'm also hoping for a limited edition Maleficent Doll. I would buy one this spring and another one in the fall. They could make a variation now with a style fitting the new movie and a more classic/traditional one in the fall.

i would say as as early as tonight when the website refreshes. If not I would say next week/early May? We should be getting the new Maleficent merchandise on the Disney store website soon as they usually release the merchandise several weeks before the movie comes out. To be honest in surprised we haven't gotten anything yet. Especially since the muppets merchandise was released about a month (if not more before the movie came out).

Also the pin set should be coming out in the UK as well. I believe it may be the next release after the current Star Wars set due for release later this week.

Last edited:
i would say as as early as tonight when the website refreshes. If not I would say next week/early May? We should be getting the new Maleficent merchandise on the Disney store website soon as they usually release the merchandise several weeks before the movie comes out. To be honest in surprised we haven't gotten anything yet. Especially since the muppets merchandise was released about a month (if not more before the movie came out).

Also the pin set should be coming out in the UK as well. I believe it may be the next release after the current Star Wars set due for release later this week.

I talked with the Disney Store support on the website chat again just to double check if there was a definitive release date for the merchandise yet. I brought up the point that merchandise for big Disney movies like this is usually released by now and they have been released a month before the film comes out and sometimes even earlier. But the employee I talked too was obviously a computer instead of an actual human cast member so I got nothing out of it. So I emailed them about it and hopefully they will email me back tomorrow. I am staying up tonight to see the site refresh just to be safe lol.

Last edited:
I talked with the Disney Store support on the website chat again just to double check if there was a definitive release date for the merchandise yet. I brought up the point that merchandise for big Disney movies like this is usually released for these films by now and they have been released a month before the film comes out and sometimes even earlier. But the employee I talked too was obviously a computer instead of an actual human cast member so I got nothing out of it. So I emailed them about it and hopefully they will email me back tomorrow. I am staying up tonight to see the site refresh just to be safe lol.

Right? I have essentially given up on the online live chat for that reason. The well worded "I will tell you nothing but with as many words as I can"...has become nothing but a huge brain pain. 0.o Those that contribute to the product leaks...they hold a special place in my heart. ;)

Right? I have essentially given up on the online live chat for that reason. The well worded "I will tell you nothing but with as many words as I can"...has become nothing but a huge brain pain. 0.o Those that contribute to the product leaks...they hold a special place in my heart. ;)

This is the first time I have dealt with a computer cast member but man was it rough haha. Leaks certainly help out us collectors and such, but the cast members that do the leaks can often get in trouble for doing stuff like that, which is never good. Still this is one of those times where I wish someone would be like "Oh yeah, the Maleficent stuff comes out on such and such date" so I can be prepared. While getting a hold of the dolls shouldn't be a problem, the pins are gonna sell out VERY fast given only 300 are being released worldwide.

Update guys. I this time called my Disney Store as opposed to the actual website and the lady there told me that today they got in a journal of Maleficent themed after the movie (but haven't put it out yet), so more merchandise should be rolling in soon. For those who haven't heard the rumors, there is supposed to be a new trailer released sometime next week as the final marketing push for the film, so we may be seeing all the merchandise flow in then.

Update guys. I this time called my Disney Store as opposed to the actual website and the lady there told me that today they got in a journal of Maleficent themed after the movie (but haven't put it out yet), so more merchandise should be rolling in soon. For those who haven't heard the rumors, there is supposed to be a new trailer released sometime next week as the final marketing push for the film, so we may be seeing all the merchandise flow in then.

Waiting with bated breath! Thanks for the update!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Male...9501&clkid=6420750637019929262&_qi=RTM1562571

I kow we are not supposed to link ebay but I just wanted to show you gius and gals a pic of the actual maleficent corination collectors doll from Jakks pacific. In my opinion it looks pretty darn good. Now seeing these pics makes me def want to get the jakks pacific dolld and the Disney store dolls and I cant wait until these show up in stores

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Male...9501&clkid=6420750637019929262&_qi=RTM1562571

I kow we are not supposed to link ebay but I just wanted to show you gius and gals a pic of the actual maleficent corination collectors doll from Jakks pacific. In my opinion it looks pretty darn good. Now seeing these pics makes me def want to get the jakks pacific dolld and the Disney store dolls and I cant wait until these show up in stores

I both thank you and curse you. I really don't want to like or want it...but now I am excited about it and do. ;) I really like how different she will be amongst my other dolls in my collection.

Polaris: I'm also wondering why they haven't released anything yet. May seems late to me, but maybe I'm just impatient. It'd be nice for Maleficent merchandise to sneak in while the Frozen craziness is still going on.

I think the ultimate perfect Maleficent doll would be the face of the jack's pacific and everything else Disney Store.

I am so impatient about all of this. I normally am pretty patient when it comes to this stuff, but with so many other things I buy coming out at once, it being my last three weeks of this semester, and with my excitement for the movie at its max, I am just too excited! :lol: I really don't wanna miss that pin set because I know it will be gone in mere minutes if I am not up when it comes online. So hopefully merchandise will be released either this weekend or early next week.

I think the ultimate perfect Maleficent doll would be the face of the jack's pacific and everything else Disney Store.

I felt like the Jakks doll's head mold looked more like her too, but the more I look at the Disney Store doll, the more I like its face mold more. Maybe its because its made with higher quality paint and materials? Not sure but I personally like it more now. Too bad both the Jakks and Disney Store Auroras don't look that great, as Elle Fanning is adorable. Anyone wondering if we will see a Disney Store Dival or even King Stefan doll (HUGE Sharlto Copley fan)?

Last edited:
I both thank you and curse you. I really don't want to like or want it...but now I am excited about it and do. ;) I really like how different she will be amongst my other dolls in my collection.

I cant beleive how much these are already going for on ebay and they havent even been released yet. A LE Maleficent doll is going to be bananas.

Update on the jakks pacific dolls. I got their DPCIs(Targets term for item number) off the Target website and while at work I checked inventory and and called a couple stores that said they had stock(my store had none) one store said they can't sell them until May 1st and another claims they could put them on hold for guests so call your local Targets after obtaining the DPCT number and give them a call and maybe they can put themon hold for you. A word of Warning Target uses the same DPCI for both Dark Beauty maleficent and the Aurora doll so make sure to specify which one you want. As an target employe I hate how this is done as it mixes up which dolls/items a guest can receive wish each individual doll had a different DPCI but this happens allot with toys at target.

Update on the jakks pacific dolls. I got their DPCIs(Targets term for item number) off the Target website and while at work I checked inventory and and called a couple stores that said they had stock(my store had none) one store said they can't sell them until May 1st and another claims they could put them on hold for guests so call your local Targets after obtaining the DPCT number and give them a call and maybe they can put themon hold for you. A word of Warning Target uses the same DPCI for both Dark Beauty maleficent and the Aurora doll so make sure to specify which one you want. As an target employe I hate how this is done as it mixes up which dolls/items a guest can receive wish each individual doll had a different DPCI but this happens allot with toys at target.

Thank you! Best news I have heard in a while regarding Maleficent merchandise. Hopefully the Disney Store will FINALLY be getting some stuff if Jakks is releasing their stuff Thursday.

Last edited:
Thank you! Best news I have heard in a while regarding Maleficent merchandise. Hopefully the Disney Store will FINALLY be getting some stuff if Jakks is releasing their stuff Thursday.

I know I can not wait until Disney Store releases some of their stuff especially the dolls. It's weird though how the Jakks dolls are still not showing up on Amazon.com yet.

I think Disney is waiting to release the frozen merchandise and then maleficent.

Which is weird... Because you'd think that they would release stuff that would distract people from frozen.
Or maybe they're worried about the backlash they'll get. "You releases stuff for your next movie but you didn't stock the stuff from the last"

Maleficent (2014) was seen in the new Disney Infinity 2.0 trailer.

So I'm assuming well have her figure either when the movie comes out in theaters or DVD. I'm assuming DVD because the game comes out in the fall. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back