• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mariobrother.....update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariobrother.....update

Mischiefmanaged

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
In the middle of November I sent out a pin request for the Dumbo Dreams pin. This person said that they would trade the Dumbo Dreams pin for 2 of the DSF Lightbulb pins. We agreed to the pretrade of the Dumbo pin, and on the day of the release we bought them their pins. They were communicating with us up to the day of the release, and we exchanged addresses and everything.We mailed their pins November 29th, they received them the next day on the 30th. We have not seen the Dumbo Dreams pin yet, and have sent them multiple emails with no response.Tonight we find out that their username "TheMarioBrother" is no longer a registered pinpics name.Anybody have any idea who this member might be and how we might be able to contact them? I know it's still sort of early to start worrying, but the fact that they are no longer a registered user under that name we are starting to be concerned. We are going to let a pinpics mod know about it but other then that we're not sure what we should do...

UPDATE: I have found out who this is. PM me if you want to know who it is. They have finally responded stating they have sent the pin. Updated email is posted below.

Last edited:
It's a ME...MARIO!

It's not really "too early" to start worrying. This person is in SoCal, as are you. shouldn't take 2 weeks to get this pin. Good luck Mischief

I very nearly traded with this person only a few days ago on pinpics, they sent me a request and when I accepted they then declined it! so they must of closed there acount very recently! I hope you can get your trade sorted out and get your pins! I would deffo report them to the pinpics mods and maybe send them an email saying you could come round to collect your pin, (might scare them into getting it sent! ;-)
Good Luck

The response we've gotten has been overwhelming, and we appreciate it very much! This is the update we have from the pinpics mods:

"This trader [Louis] even though the name stated in Nicholas, has been permanently banned from Pinpics for bad trading practices. If you do not receive your package within a reasonable length of time, I urge you to file mail fraud changes with the Federal Government.

I apologize that there is nothing more that we can do other than urge you to file mail fraud charges."

I've heard from several members that this person sent out trade requests just over the weekend, so they must have been banned very recently. This is pretty upsetting because when we went on release day and found a line much longer then we anticipated, causing us to both be late for work.

The person only lives an hour away from us. It's so tempting just to show up at their house asking for the pin, but who knows what kind of person they might be. :(

Hi
I would do just that..show up...but with a police officer with you..tell the cop..they might be charged with fraud
you never know

Judy

I would show up at their house or at least make that threat in writing that you will show up with the police if your pin is not forthcoming. Maybe that will be enough to get it. If not, then file mail fraud and let the feds arrest them. The PO is very serious about mail fraud. I've gotten so leary about trading anymore and I'm just too nervous to offer much unless I know them. Most of the trades I need are either in California or way up north. I'm in Florida and apparently no one trades here, at least not what I need. It's a scary world, but we need to keep the faith.

thank you everyone for your input. I think this is just more upsetting to me because I waited a long time to get this person there pins. I was number 143 and it was an LE 150....I was late to work....it's just very upsetting. people are stupid...

All PMs have been responded to. We were correct in who we thought it was. The person FINALLY responded with this:

Pin sent.

As a precaution, I have filed a report with the Monterey Park Police Department after showing them your emails and post. They were not interested until you stated that you were to come to my house and "get" the pin. That is taken as a threat. It is an information only since nothing has been done at the moment.

I do apologize and do thank you for the trade. Thing in my life are not right at the moment. Yes I should have kept communication but that's the past. I am getting pins out to members owed.

Sorry. I'll be out of the pin world soon.

Really? The police? "Hi, I ripped off some people on the internet and committed mail fraud, and now they are saying they will come to my house to get what I owe them. I'd like to file a complaint for threats."

There is an active tracking number so now it's just a waiting game to see if it finally shows up. Hopefully everyone else will receive their pins that they are waiting on from this person.

This is not the first time we have had this problem with this person. It's the same person under multiple names, and apparently multiple addresses as well. Unfortunately we learned who the person was too late.

All PMs have been responded to. We were correct in who we thought it was. The person FINALLY responded with this:

Really? The police? "Hi, I ripped off some people on the internet and committed mail fraud, and now they are saying they will come to my house to get what I owe them. I'd like to file a complaint for threats."

There is an active tracking number so now it's just a waiting game to see if it finally shows up. Hopefully everyone else will receive their pins that they are waiting on from this person.

This is not the first time we have had this problem with this person. It's the same person under multiple names, and apparently multiple addresses as well. Unfortunately we learned who the person was too late.

Like I said, I hope you do get your pin. Could you PM me with who this person is, and all their known names and addresses please? Thanks!

Lol It sickens me how sleazy some traders can be. Instead of admitting they were wrong, the trader wants to point the finger at you and say you were threatening them? And I can almost guarantee they didn't go to the police.... this person is obviously a liar. And even funnier, you never said you were going to the persons house. Anyways, at least for now the ball is rolling and you will hopefully get your pins. Please keep us posted and best of luck :)

Good luck! really hope you get your pins now!!
would you please pm me with this persons details as well? I only know them as Mariobrother, are they a member here then or just use other names on pinpics??

Nope! 12/19 and it's still not here. The tracking number they gave me shows it's out for delivery in Needles, CA.... 5 HOURS from it's destination! The person lives only an hour from us. Naturally the post office is being no help to us. We've emailed the trader asking for a proper tracking number hoping that the wrong one was given. Starting to lose hope now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back