• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread
So with summer vacation just around the corner and warmer weather I thought a fun theme for this week would be beach week. All the pins this week will revolve around the ocean and the beach.

Let's start it off with this Tinker Bell pin that I bought for a friend. I wish they had given Tink a one piece suit instead of her regular dress. I would have bought the pin if they had.

IMG_0911.jpg

Let's sort of stay with the surfing theme from yesterday and have one of Ariel catching a wave.

IMG_6323.jpg

Keeping with the beach theme here is Donald from the 1937 short Hawaiian Holiday. The pin came from Disneystore.com.

IMG_3559.jpg

Last edited:
So this week will be another random week. Here is the master pin trader society pin from Disneyland in 2010.

IMG_5183.jpg

So I traded away my Ds.com Maleficent set and got 2 pins in return. Here is the first one, PTD Tiana.

IMG_6228_zpsf4b0ac02.jpg

Tiana collectors, this is the first Tiana in her waitress dress, right?

Tomorrow I will post the other pin. It is a big one.

And the other pin I got as part of the trade. Here is the Disneyland Paris PTN Jumbo Jessica. It's #10 of 400.

IMG_6225_zps21284bbc.jpg

So I was trying to come up with a theme for this week. I started looking through my archives and hopefully this is a fun one. This week is all about video games. So expect lots of Tron, Wreck-It Ralph and more. Today's pin is a Tron Legacy pin from the DSF.

IMG_5576.jpg

Last edited:
In the last post I said I had a hard time thinking up a theme for the week. So for next week I am taking requests and suggestions. Give me some ideas on what to post next. This can be an individual pin you want to see, or a theme for the week. If I get enough I will continue with the suggestions into the week after and so on until they run out.

For today's pin here is a Rocketeer video game pin. While there was a Rocketeer video game, it did not have this box art. The pin is from the Sci-Fi pin event from a few years ago.

IMG_0426.jpg

How about a Minnie/Mickey together pin? :) Stopping myself from asking for more donald/daisy as I want to look at the pretty pins and not add more to my wants! :)

I will see what I have. If no other themes come up, maybe I will do a Fab 5 week next.

In the meanwhile here is a nice pin from Wreck-It Ralph. It is everyone's favorite Handyman, Fix-it Felix.

IMG_5308_zpsea53ddc6.jpg

Let's keep gaming week going with a pin from a very popular Disney franchise, Kingdom Hearts. Disney released via Hot Topic a series of pins around the time of Kingdom Hearts 2. This one has Sora, Donald and Goofy.

IMG_2408-1.jpg

For today's entry here is the Tron set from the Sci-Fi academy.

The box with Flynn's arcade coin.

IMG_8267.jpg

Tron Legacy disk pin

IMG_8271.jpg

Tron disc pin

IMG_8273.jpg

Back to Tron again, sort of. Before Tron:Legacy was released there was a Flynn Lives campaign. There were all sorts of games and special treats that were awarded for doing well. One game was Arcade Aid. http://www.arcadeaid.com/challengingstage/
If you solved the puzzle they sent you 2 pins. There were 4 overall. Here is one of them.

IMG_5347.jpg

Last day of video game week. This pin is one of the great recent Disneystore.com pins. Considered a grail for Wreck it Ralph Collectors. Here is Jumbo Pixelated Wreck-It-Ralph.

IMG_1528.jpg

So here we are again. A new week and a new theme. Now I don't think I have any Mickey and Minnie pins, but I have pins of them individually. This week I am going to post a set that I have had for a long time, but never got around to photographing. For the longest time I thought I might trade it. I decided the other day to keep it. Here is the Fab 5 (and friends) on the Tower of Terror. This LE set was sold in WDW in 2008. Pin #1 is Mickey.

IMG_6253_zps4a75e599.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back