• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New DS Classic Dolls Images Found: Oz The Great And Powerful + New Brave Merida Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
New DS Classic Dolls Images Found: Oz The Great And Powerful + New Brave Merida Doll

Lilianne89

I've got a dream
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know anything about this movie until I looked up just now. There are 3 dolls based on the 2013 Disney Movie, Oz The Great And Powerful: Wicked Witch of the West, Evanora Wicked Witch of The East, Glinda The Good.

Also seems there will be a new Brave Merida classic doll dressed in her formal dress, similar to the one that came in a set with Angus but sold individually. Her dress seems to be the same, but the pattern on the hem lacks the "beads" print, and her belt now has detailed pattern.

Release date unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited for Merida! Although, I wish they left the dress without all of the sparkles. But it is nice they are releasing a doll that has the light blue dress separate from a larger set! The detailed belt is a nice touch too.

I will take that Merida home instantly, but the Oz dollies aren't for me. I've never been a fan of dolls that look like real people! They're really detailed for classics though.

Welp, looks like I'm finally giving in and getting a Wicked Witch doll!! She's gorgeous!! And that Evanora doll is gorgeous, as well, but I think I'll wait to see how much I enjoy the movie before springing for her, too. ;)

Those Oz dolls are amazingly detailed - *looks at the 3 DS villains then back at these* - wait what?! Wonderful! Must resist!
Merida, that girl always has a place in my collection but her sleeves could have been made longer this time!
These have really raised my expectation for Little Mermaid dolls. Thanks for posting!

Oeh, I'm not very sure I like the Oz dolls to be honest. They look very very similar to the actresses. I think I'll pass on them. I've been able to avoid buying Merida for now because I'm not very sure where she actually fits in with the whole princess line. I bet she's a true icon for Irish 'Girl Power' but I can't really get excited about her. Think I'll save up the pennies for the little mermaid this year :)

You're most welcome everyone. I also love this new Merida. On the other hand, I don't like dolls that look like human, and I gave it a chance when Disney's Enchanted Giselle came out and got the Giselle dolls, but ended up re-homing the ones that looked like human. So even though the details on the Oz dolls are amazing, I'll pass. But can't wait to see the movie, I was thinking of a LE Dorothy doll but from what I understand it's like a prequel to the classic Oz movie so there was no Dorothy in the picture yet? :|

Oeh, I'm not very sure I like the Oz dolls to be honest. They look very very similar to the actresses. I think I'll pass on them. I've been able to avoid buying Merida for now because I'm not very sure where she actually fits in with the whole princess line. I bet she's a true icon for Irish 'Girl Power' but I can't really get excited about her.
She's Scottish :facepalm:
So even though the details on the Oz dolls are amazing, I'll pass. But can't wait to see the movie, I was thinking of a LE Dorothy doll but from what I understand it's like a prequel to the classic Oz movie so there was no Dorothy in the picture yet? :|
I think it is more about how there came to be a guy behind the curtain, so no Dorothy. I'm glad that fans of the film will have some nice merch to go with it :)

Oeh, I'm not very sure I like the Oz dolls to be honest. They look very very similar to the actresses. I think I'll pass on them. I've been able to avoid buying Merida for now because I'm not very sure where she actually fits in with the whole princess line. I bet she's a true icon for Irish 'Girl Power' but I can't really get excited about her. Think I'll save up the pennies for the little mermaid this year :)

She's from Scotland.
And she's a legit princess, just not a damsel in distress. :hsd: It's nice to have a princess who can hold her own.

And the human aspect of the dolls doesn't bother me, although I'm not too of the of the Glinda one. The other two are a must for me :)

She's from Scotland.
And she's a legit princess, just not a damsel in distress. :hsd: It's nice to have a princess who can hold her own.

And the human aspect of the dolls doesn't bother me, although I'm not too of the of the Glinda one. The other two are a must for me :)

Oops I should have done my homework, Scottish is fair enough *blush*

Hmm I don't think I'll be buying any, never liked the expression on the classic Merida
She's perfect! Captures her kooky side and adventurous spirit!

I had the Art book before I saw the film and I couldn't place what the doll reminded me of until I looked at it again.

Just look at Steve Pilcher's concept art then tell me the doll resembles nothing like the character!

brave_pixar_concept_art_character_06-300x290.jpg

Last edited:
I bet these dolls will cost a lot more than the princess classic collection. I don't see why they can add such beautiful detail to this line, and leave the princesses (their cash cow) with terrible quality. On another note, I'm not too sure I'll buy any of these. As another poster pointed out, they look too human and too much like the person who played the part in the movie. Not really interested in having a doll whose face is molded off some celeb.

Last edited:
So Merida will become the 11 th Disney princess I believe in July of this year ! :hsd: Her coronation will be held in Scotland :) and new merchandise will follow. So I'm assuming that's when the doll will be released . I'm so excited !!!

Last edited:
So Merida will become the 11 th Disney princess I believe in July of this year ! :hsd: Her coronation will be held in Scotland :) and new merchandise will follow. So I'm assuming that's when the doll will be released . I'm so excited !!!

Where did you read/hear the info from? To me, Merida is Pixar's princess, not Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back