• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New DS Classic Dolls Images Found: Oz The Great And Powerful + New Brave Merida Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
New DS Classic Dolls Images Found: Oz The Great And Powerful + New Brave Merida Doll
I can't see the images, someone repost pleaseee?

So Merida will become the 11 th Disney princess I believe in July of this year ! :hsd: Her coronation will be held in Scotland :) and new merchandise will follow. So I'm assuming that's when the doll will be released . I'm so excited !!!

Although I do like Merida, she already appears in two LE dolls so another would just make it a bit of an overkill, I would rather they released dolls of other characters such as Ariel and Jasmine. It is exciting that they are going to do a whole coronation and I can't wait to see how they incorporate her in the line. Whilst I still do not think that Merida fits in with the current princess line I think it will be a good thing to have her in there to hopefully change the current perception of Disney princesses and potentially change the line, who knows maybe that is one of the underlying reasons why Disney is adding her to it. I just hope they don't change her too drastically.

Oh awesome!!!! And well done dolls at that! Hmmm....like the Disney Store ones AND these as well! I'll be broke by summer ;)

from the target set i will buy oscar and maybe theodora...i like disney's version of glinda and evanora better

Hmm, this is a problem. I like the DS Glinda and Evanora's costumes better... but I much prefer the Target faces to the DS ones. Also, why does Evanora have different colored hair in both dolls?

Although I do like Merida, she already appears in two LE dolls so another would just make it a bit of an overkill, I would rather they released dolls of other characters such as Ariel and Jasmine. It is exciting that they are going to do a whole coronation and I can't wait to see how they incorporate her in the line. Whilst I still do not think that Merida fits in with the current princess line I think it will be a good thing to have her in there to hopefully change the current perception of Disney princesses and potentially change the line, who knows maybe that is one of the underlying reasons why Disney is adding her to it. I just hope they don't change her too drastically.

i didnt mean another LE , I meant the new classic Merida. While she doesn't sing of have a prince I think Disney needs a princess like her. Not every girl dreams of being prom queen or her perfect wedding dress. Some love sports, adventures and or just like being independent. Those girls need a princess . I'm proud of Disney for incorporating her, I feared they wouldn't.
I'm also nervous that they are going to "doll her up."

i didnt mean another LE , I meant the new classic Merida. While she doesn't sing of have a prince I think Disney needs a princess like her. Not every girl dreams of being prom queen or her perfect wedding dress. Some love sports, adventures and or just like being independent. Those girls need a princess . I'm proud of Disney for incorporating her, I feared they wouldn't.
I'm also nervous that they are going to "doll her up."

Sorry, yes I realized after I posted the message that you were probably referring just to new merchandise and not another LE doll. I do agree with you as you can see from my previous post that I think the addition of Merida will be great to the line, I just do not think she fits in. But like I said she may result in a change in the way people look at Disney princesses. Which is moreso what I am hoping for.

Interestingly enough though, people keep forgetting about Princesses like Mulan and Pocahontas who were not ones just waiting to be rescued. In fact both girls rescued their significant others, but for some reason they never became as popular as the other princesses. But I am hoping that with Merida being so popular that she will break the mould that her predecessors could not.

Actually, a lot of princesses rescued their princes. Ariel saved Eric from drowning, Belle saved the Beast from the curse (and arguably helps rescue him from Gaston/ angry mob), Rapunzel heals Flynn (granted, with her magic tears which isn't really the best example). I don't think the fact that their princes also rescued them means they aren't strong heroines of their stories. Also, none of the princesses I mentioned were "waiting to be rescued"; they all played active roles in achieving their happily ever afters.

And regarding fears that Merida will be "dolled up"- it's already happened. Look at the Mattel Merida dolls that came out when the movie was released! I can't imagine Disney being able to do anything worse than that- unless they put Merida in Charlotte's pink princess gown.

Sorry, yes I realized after I posted the message that you were probably referring just to new merchandise and not another LE doll. I do agree with you as you can see from my previous post that I think the addition of Merida will be great to the line, I just do not think she fits in. But like I said she may result in a change in the way people look at Disney princesses. Which is moreso what I am hoping for.

Interestingly enough though, people keep forgetting about Princesses like Mulan and Pocahontas who were not ones just waiting to be rescued. In fact both girls rescued their significant others, but for some reason they never became as popular as the other princesses. But I am hoping that with Merida being so popular that she will break the mould that her predecessors could not.

Sorry MegglesM but I was just referring to mulan and Pocahontas as examples as they are the more prominent princesses within their storyline to not be as dependent. I.e Belle was saved in the forest from the wolves and Rapunzel from Gothel in the tower by Flynn. But I did not mean to say that the other princess could not hold their own nor are they waiting to be rescued but that is the current perception of the Disney Princesses which is why articles such as "what's wrong with Cinderella?" In the NY times are bing published. So ultimately I was just trying to say that I hope Merida breaks this mould.

Anyway sorry for going on about this topic on this particular thread as it is deviating away from the actual topic and will be my last post in relation to the matter but I just do not want to be misunderstood.

Back on topic- can anyone tell if the bow Merida is carrying in this doll has the same "carving" that is on the bow for the singing doll? It looks like it's plain, but I'm not 100% sure.

Back on topic- can anyone tell if the bow Merida is carrying in this doll has the same "carving" that is on the bow for the singing doll? It looks like it's plain, but I'm not 100% sure.

It definitely looks like the bow has carvings on it, just like the bows that came with the previous 12'' Merida dolls. It's hard to see since the carvings are not painted, but just embossed on the bow. It makes sense that they would use the same bow as the previous dolls of the same size. The outfit looks very close to what the "formal" Merida had in the Angus and Merida doll set, except they added glitter :( to the dress, and put a Celtic pattern on her belt. Here's a product image of the earlier formal Merida doll:

Brave Angus and Merida Doll Set - 2-Pc. - Product Image #3 - Merida 11 1/2'' Doll - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

So...random question. Do you guys think that this "Disney Movie Collection" will take off? Do you think they'll only go forward, or do you think this will work in reverse too?
I'm just wondering because (if the rumors are true) Enchanted was the first movie they sort of tried this with, but Amy Adams killed it. Allegedly, she argued that Giselle was based on her likeness, so in return, she was owed a percentage for the merchandise. IF that is true, then that's why there is no merchandise out there anymore for Enchanted. Obviously, they must have ironed any issues out for this movie's collection...but I'm wondering what would be next for the collection. I know some of you aren't fans of the dolls having the actresses' likenesses. For me, I think it gives them more quality. (I'm buying both wicked witches, and a second Wicked Witch of the West to debox and pose wherever) It just makes me wonder if I'll finally get a Narissa doll. Plus, it would be cool to have an Iracebeth Queen of Hearts and a (Jolie) Maleficent doll.

I LOVE OZ and anything pertaining to Oz.... I LOVE these dolls and I need them for my Wizard of Oz collection... okay, maybe I don't NEED them... but I want them.

Looks Carved to me!

It definitely looks like the bow has carvings on it, just like the bows that came with the previous 12'' Merida dolls. It's hard to see since the carvings are not painted, but just embossed on the bow. It makes sense that they would use the same bow as the previous dolls of the same size. The outfit looks very close to what the "formal" Merida had in the Angus and Merida doll set, except they added glitter :( to the dress, and put a Celtic pattern on her belt. Here's a product image of the earlier formal Merida doll:

Brave Angus and Merida Doll Set - 2-Pc. - Product Image #3 - Merida 11 1/2'' Doll - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disneystore.com has a few 'Oz' merchandise now, but it's mainly mugs etc. However, the Oscar Diggs version of these dolls is available, and is priced at $34.50. Looks like these females will be priced that much too. So excited.

6070040580060-3

He does look fantastic! I hope the girls are the same price. They have crystals all over their dresses. This collection is beautiful...but will add up and be expensive fast. o_O
BRING ON THE WITCHES! :D

Anyway my hopes for an LE Theodora is going up, then again perhaps an image just hasn't been released of an 12'' Theodora.
I would LOVE an LE Oscar/OZ doll, but there's probably small chance for that unless Theodora/Oscar are put together in the same box, as with LE Merida/Elinor.

I'm also praying for either a LE or 12" Theodora. I know most of you hate the fact that the dolls look a lot like the artists, but in my case I love Mila Kunis, so it would be a dream to have a doll of her :D . I'm also planning on trying to create a Costum Black Swan Lily (character played by Mila) doll, sure if Disney releases the Oz one first.

Based on the history of characters such as Giselle played by Amy Adams in Enchanted I highly doubt that Disney will go through all the drama of making a LE doll based on an live action character. They will probably make dolls but not too many of them as it would result in them having to pay royalties to actress playing the character but I know what you mean it would be awesome to have dolls on characters like Giselle and Theodora.

I'm betting that they are just *toying* with us. (teehee) The witch dolls were leaked out online, but I didn't see any "Disney Store" Oscar dolls. How much you want to bet that they will do a one at a time release? The next one being the China Doll, then Glinda, then Evanora, then the Wicked Witch of the West. (That's how I bet it'll happen cause the last two are the only two I want.)

I'm betting that they are just *toying* with us. (teehee) The witch dolls were leaked out online, but I didn't see any "Disney Store" Oscar dolls. How much you want to bet that they will do a one at a time release? The next one being the China Doll, then Glinda, then Evanora, then the Wicked Witch of the West. (That's how I bet it'll happen cause the last two are the only two I want.)

It would be just like them to do that, but who knows? :p I don't want to place multiple orders, so hopefully none of these sell out before they are all released. I don't plan on getting them all, but my mind has been changed before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back