• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to pin tradeing? but long time fan of Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to pin tradeing? but long time fan of Disney!

lowryv

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Vanessa i am from Blakely, Pa. I have been traveling with my family to dinsey since i was 4 years old. We used to go every year and in the past years we just have not had the time or mainly the money to go. Which kills myself and my family because we are such fans of Disney. I have almost every movie that has come out, but just recently i learned about pin tradeing. So i am just getting started with my collection. I acctually just started it last October with my Boyfriend who i am not engaged to when we were lucky enough to have been givin 2 one day hopper passes to Disney. We did all 4 parks in one day and it was the best vacation i had in a long time. I was like a little kid all over again, we both were acctually. My fiance also used to work in Disney as a pastry chef. So we are now collecting Disney pins and we have also started his niece and nephew on pin tradeing and when they went this past october they were obsessed with tradeing pins and now there parents are in to it to. They loved looking at the lanyards of the cast members to trade with. So now we are starting to plan are wedding and i am thinking about doing my own version of a disney wedding here at home, since it is such a big part of our family. But i am here looking for advice and also to learn more about the wonderful world of disney pin trading. THanks Vanessa

Thank you so much. I am so excited to be on this site and to start collecting more pins.

I would suggest going online and just typing disney wedding idea's in your web boweser. You will be amazed at all the cool idea's you will see.

One suggest is to theme it. I understand your doing Disney, but are you doing Mickey and Minnie (Red, Black and White) or maybe a Princess, like Cinderella (Pastel Blue, Silver and White). That kind of theme. :)

I'll try thinking of some idea's.

Yes i was just looking at Disney as the THeme. I never thought of breaking it done and picking just one thing. If you have any more ideas i am very welcome to ideas and suggestions. THanks

I used to be a wedding cooronator and seriously the sky is the limit!!! You can do duel themes!!

Pick any disney couple - let's use lady and the tramp for example not only can u use the dogs/paw prints but now you can also use an italian theme/decor for your food, favors, decor ect! Then you can also incorporate favorite lines from the movie and even re-enact a few favorite moments from the movie in your wedding pictures . . .

Hello and welcome! I wanted to do a Disney theme for my October wedding, but we decided to go to WDW on our honeymoon instead! I always thought Disney was the best theme for a wedding though! ;)

Welcome to the boards, not sure if you are into football but I hope the Steelers win the Super Bowl.

Aloha Vanessa and Welcome! :wavey:

If you are looking for advice on pins and pin trading, you definitely have come to the right place. If you have any questions about these shiny (and addictive) pieces of metal, don't hesitate to ask them ... someone (or several someones, no doubt) will be happy to answer them for you.

If I could offer you some advice regarding your pin collection? I'd suggest that you limit it to a theme (or a few themes) in order to maintain some sort of a budget and a bank account (unless I'm too late?). Also, don't get too caught up with 'value' at this point; when it comes to your collection, a 'good' pin is one that you like and will make you happy. Oh, and the most important thing ... are you still with me? ... remember why you started collecting pins in the first place and always have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back