• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Newbie in need of patience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie in need of patience?

khoef532

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 yr old has really started getting into the Disney movies (especially Frozen, go figure and Brave). I made the mistake of getting her the Mattel versions of the characters not realizing the difference in quality and features compared with Disney Store dolls. Now that I discovered Disney Store is affordable, I also discovered eBay hoarding and price gouging. I am trying to expose my little one to the older classics, which don't have as much flare on screen that the new Pixars do that she likes and long story short, I am just trying to get my hands on Snow White and Sleeping Beauty dolls right now to entice her. There is only one Disney Store in MN and they are sold out, and of course so is the .com. Ebay is selling at some ridiculous prices and even though I shelled out a days wage on King Fergus (don't tell my hubby), I just don't understand why Snow White and Aurora would be so hard to find at Disney. I've noticed on this forum that there are releases each year. Is this true? Should I be patient for the store to replenish or would I have a better chance asking Santa?

You can always call other stores and they can ship them out to you. I know that the Disney store in Times Square has a lot of them because it is a major store. Just give them a call and they should be able to help you out and ship the dolls that you want to you.

Also there is a small difference between the Disney Store dolls and the JCPenny versions. Amazon is also selling the JCPenny Versions and Disney Store Versions for a bit more than asking price.(you can tell the difference from the boxes. Disney Store and JCPenny versions; Here's a comparison for Elsa http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2014/01/frozen-dolls-from-jc-penney-and-disney.html) for a decent price, if your more comfortable with them.

Snow White from JCPenny: http://www.jcpenney.com/kids/disney...hResults&colorizedImg=DP0724201317073902M.tif

Last edited:
The Disney Store tends to annually re-design and release the Classic Princess play dolls every year, so if you can hold out until this summer it's a very safe bet that you will be able to get Aurora and Snow White dolls at retail price. Last year's designs also can be restocked online and in-store at any given time. So I would definitely not buy them from the secondary market and wait until you can get them either at your local store, online, or as Polaris mentioned: shipped to you from a major flagship store that would most likely have them in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back