• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Not a pin collector but looking for a grail...

Don't laugh! It's PP27585 WDW - Si and Am - Cool Cats - Journey Through Time - Framed Set (LE 25) :( Just the Si and Am pin.

Never worry about being laughed at here! I mean, sure … We’re all a little mad here … but we laugh with each other and not at 😁

Welcome to the forums and there’s some great stops to make on your way to your pin quest ☺️ Hope you enjoy yourself! ❤️

Welcome and good luck! LE25 frame pins can be very hard to find, especially for popular characters - I've had one (a different one than your ISO) on my own ISO list for the past ten or so years. But I have faith that it will eventually find its way to me. :)

You need to be a member for 10 days and have 30 posts.
We don't like spammers which is why there is that minimum.

So, tell us more about yourself
Yeah, I am not here to spam or anything. I'm just a regular guy who is in a relationship with a huge Disney fan and pin collector. I want to try to surprise her by trying to locate this mythical pin (or set) and help her finish the Si and Am collection (it's the only pin she is missing). She isn't actively looking but would definitely jump on it. If anyone knows someone with this let me know. For now, I will just explore the forums and learn more about why she loves pins so much.

Some of those frame sets have been broken up over the years, so there are individual pins floating around, but obviously very, very few. Likely to be a pricey pin in the several hundreds minimum, just FYI. :)

Oof, that’s a really tough one. I wish I could help you out. I’ve been trading/collecting pins for 12 years now and still haven’t found the Figaro from that set for my own main collection.

I hope that you’re able to find a Si & Am for your girlfriend. Just be prepared to spend several hundred for that particular pin, at the very least.

Are there any other pins or merchandise we can help you track down, if you can’t find Si & Am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and Welcome! As you should be able to tell by now, not only will we not laugh at you for pursuing a very difficult pin, we'll happily and cheerfully enable you on your quest.

Definitely do enjoy the forums and learn about these shiny pieces of metal that she loves so much. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask; someone (or several someones) will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Welcome to the forum. :lgm: Good luck on your search!
As others said that will be a tough pin to find but there’s lots of other great ones out there.

I think it's really sweet that you're taking the time to learn about your girlfriends hobby to better understand her and are also taking the time to engage with the hobby and are willing to do the leg work to help her finish something that's important to her. Even if you don't quite understand it.

Ive been collecting pins for about 20 years now. Not all of them are Disney-in fact, most are what they in these parts consider to be "fantasy pins"ie any pin that isn't officially licensed by Disney. I like them as my souvenir when I'm traveling or when family/friends want to bring me something back. The entry "fee" is fairly low compared to many other collections, and, unlike other collectables, you can wear them on your clothes or bags! They also make for unique decor. (Throw up a corkboard and BAM! artwork)
They're also an easy was to talk to new people or activity to do with kids.
It's part trading card game part scavenger hunt part accessory all fun.
If you have trouble tracking down the pin online, you can look for pin trading groups in your area and surprise your gf with a date night at one. You can then look for the pin together, like a sporting event you can participate in.
Good luck on your quest!

Back