• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ODPT , what the !#@$@# is up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ODPT , what the !#@$@# is up ?
^ There's still also WDI and Paris/UK even if the US parks stop with LEs (which I agree with you is slowly where they're headed, other than occasional high-edition size holiday or passholder releases - the recent release of around 200 new open edition pins at the parks this fall seems to indicate that direction).

And I still find it odd that there were no hidden mickeys for next year previewed at the gala event.

Their is a Disney pin mega store coming soon to a location near you soon!Pins will never go away...

your the only pin god around Raspitin, the rest of us are
mere mortals compared to the all knowing, anyone else trying to do anything is immediately bashed by you, even when in your ignorance and self righteousness your wrong, opinions as the phrase goes is much like a certain anatomical part making sounds, everyone has them, however that does not mean anyone needs to or wants to hear yours.. my two cents.....

FORMER PIN PICS EMPLOYEE.... NOT CURRENT....FORMER....just a regular old trader like all the rest of you are, sorry to burst all the sarcastic bubbles at once , oh wait no I am not,
Sorry, hadn't heard you'd left them. Last times I'd seen you posting here it was on their behalf. And I wasn't being sarcastic. I was making an observation. There's no need to go on the attack.

I have noticed also the lack of attention pins are getting from Disney. Over the last couple of years I have also noticed the lack of variety of pins and events occurring. I agree that it very much appears that Disney is slowly or fast (as you perceive it) getting out of the collectible pin game. They will keep the souvenir pins, but the collectible pins and events I believe in the US are going away. I believe the hassle (lines, rudeness, etc) is not worth the profit, when they can get the same amount of value or more with less hassle. It is not that Disney is not use to intense collectors of Disney items, but they probably feel the time of pins has come and the next thing will be coming soon. With the popularity of Frozen, they probably are concentrating on accommodating the majority of Frozen collectors right now. Pins are a small portion of the Frozen collectible world.

I also think the DSF pin events may be going lower scale as well. If you see this months calendar there is only 2 releases listed. They may go to only movie première release. At the end of the day, Disney wants publicity about one of their movie's coming out and probably is willing to work with the lines etc for interest in a new movie.

It is unfortunate. I still consider myself newish to pins even though it has been 3-4 years. I feel I missed out on the good days, but when I started there were more opportunities to obtain nice pins and there were more pins coming out at the different locations than today. (It has been nice for wallet.) I hope I am wrong, but I really don't think so.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

From Disney Parks Blog re MVMCP Stevem Miller Post

Their is a Disney pin mega store coming soon to a location near you soon!Pins will never go away...
7 Brian on November 3rd, 2014 at 12:29 pm Steven any word on when they will update the pin website to show the Xmas pins available at WDW this November? Steven Miller on November 3rd, 2014 at 1:53 pm @Brian – Look for some information to be shared this week. We will be highlighting a handful of new pins for November. As a reminder, new pins are typically released on Thursdays at Disney Parks’ locations such as Disney’s Pin Traders in both Downtown Disney Marketplace in Florida and Downtown Disney District in California.

7 Brian on November 3rd, 2014 at 12:29 pm Steven any word on when they will update the pin website to show the Xmas pins available at WDW this November? Steven Miller on November 3rd, 2014 at 1:53 pm @Brian – Look for some information to be shared this week. We will be highlighting a handful of new pins for November. As a reminder, new pins are typically released on Thursdays at Disney Parks’ locations such as Disney’s Pin Traders in both Downtown Disney Marketplace in Florida and Downtown Disney District in California.
"A handful of new pins ..." does that mean they're no longer giving us all the new releases?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Looks like they are headed toward more of a "flyer" format. Or maybe they just threw these together for November

http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/blog/walt-disney-world-resort-november-2014-pin-releases/

DisneyPinTrading_2014_11_OneSheetWDW.jpg

Last edited:
That's also a change of date on the Gingerbread House release ... the boards at the Gala said 11/6, I think. (I care because I want Frozen hahahahaha but also Alice. And I'm at the mercy of the "secondary market" so if I miss the release date, the prices typically get worse.)

Wow! The gingerbread house pins for Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Floridian Hotel disappeared! The Gala pin preview had them being released this Thursday November 6.

Wow! The gingerbread house pins for Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Floridian Hotel disappeared! The Gala pin preview had them being released this Thursday November 6.
They didn't list the DLR ones, but the wording was specific ... "see our top picks"

My guess is they will still be released. The WDW ones were listed, but only shows 1 picture. Below it it says "four different pins in this collection"

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

this whole thread bums me out damn it. oh well --i love my pin friends, thats my issue. Not having a place to see people once in a while for hours and laugh and trade and chat and eat and drink and trade. so sad.

I think it does nto seem like they cut back that much this year HOWEVER, i do think since certain pin folks seem to ***** and moan constantly to them and then another bunch behave like dirty animals at events and on lines they have had it. WHO THE HELL NEEDS THAT, so as usual the whole class gets punished for the few dumb *** eggs.

Time to arrange more private pin trading parties.

So when a pin is released, is it available early in the morning on that day? Or do they make
you wait until the event starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back