• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ODPT , what the !#@$@# is up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ODPT , what the !#@$@# is up ?
December 2014 Pin Releases ...

December-DisneyPinTrading_2014_12_OneSheetDLR-2.jpg

December-DisneyPinTrading_2014_12_OneSheetDLR.jpg

http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/pins/browse/2014/12/

Finally the Spectromagic Chernabog is coming out - release date for that one has been changed numerous times.

Mike S.
Figment919

Oh, I hope pins aren't becoming a thing of the past! I just discovered them! :(

Same here!!! I hadn't been to Disney World since 1997, which was before the pin craze. We spent our vacation there last week and I started a pin collection. I picked up several, included a few that are numbered limited editions. I'd hate to think my new hobby is dying out just as I'm getting on board.

I noticed the lovely pin board for trading had vanished from Main Street USA at Disneyland Paris when I was over there. The cast member I asked about it didn't know was I was on about and seemed a little clueless about pin trading (I admit it had been a few years since I was last there and seen the trading board). I was also a little upset the Pueblo Trading Post, which has the LE pins and gets mentioned on the new releases flyer, wasn't even open the week I was there.

The UK Disney Stores stopped selling pins in their physical stores ages ago, and their online selection is mostly made up of Disneyland Paris releases. I do miss being able to go into town, finding pins on sale and grabbing them for trading.

The signs for diminishing support for pin trading are there :( But I would be very sad if they did stop producing pins for us to collect and trade.

Pins generate sales so I suspect they will be around for a while. It may not be as many as it has been in the past, but I wouldn't expect them to just disappear. Aren't the beanie babies still being made? Those don't even have the Disney brand behind them and they were a fad. Pins have been around since before Disney and most Disney items remain collectible.

Stopped by the ODPT URL to see whats new for January releases. The banner page still show "November" pin releases as the most current, and you have to go by "Date" to get the December flyer. I believe that one pin is shown for January 2015.

Pretty bad Web page management and a total disregard for us Traders IMHO.

Mike S.
Figment919

Steven Miller know longer works in the pin department. The gala was lovely and I definitely did not see any problems. Just a rumor, but after the Elsa/Anna PTN, it is rumored there will be no more. PTN's at WDW were sold for the gala. In DL pins were sold at DTD ( which is the norm) but no pin trading event.

Stopped by the ODPT URL to see whats new for January releases. The banner page still show "November" pin releases as the most current, and you have to go by "Date" to get the December flyer. I believe that one pin is shown for January 2015.

Pretty bad Web page management and a total disregard for us Traders IMHO.

Mike S.
Figment919

Agree. Even if they go the flyers route, it's already January! Where are the flyers for both coasts? Maybe it's just the Winter Cheshire Cat pin. hahaha or not. Even the DLP January flyer is out. I guess every pin is a surprise release now.

So after talking with family over Christmas, I'm wiling to cut Disney a little slack. The work slowdown at the various west coast ports, is doing a number on cargo deliveries. We got to hear it from someone who works for a freight company, and someone from Nintendo's end sharing how not receiving their Amiibo stock, really mucks up your big release. Disney may not actually know which pins they will actually receive by their preferred release date in order to build a calendar. I'm guessing the port stuff is possibly why dates kept having to be moved in the fall too. They might be air freighting some stuff, but probably not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back