• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

OK, this is just so rude, I have to post about it - Updated 12/10 with a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this is just so rude, I have to post about it - Updated 12/10 with a new one

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
I sent out my trade requests last night, and I sent two to this one person for either:

[pinpics]81550[/pinpics]: DSF - Christmas 2010 - Chip & Dale
[pinpics]86234[/pinpics]: DSF - Sketch Series - Stitch

For one of theirs
[pinpics]86641[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Medieval Mickey and Minnie Portrait Walt Disney

Maybe not 100% even, but I always put in: I am open to counter offers. Please let me know!!

They e-mailed back this morning with

Thank you for your trade request but I will pass; however, I would like to propose the following 3 for 1 counteroffer.

Mine:
[pinpics]86641[/pinpics]: DisneyStore.com - 110th Legacy Collection - Medieval Mickey and Minnie Portrait Walt Disney

Yours:
[pinpics]53448[/pinpics]: WDI - Stitch in Tomorrowland Attractions - People Mover
[pinpics]57470[/pinpics]: WDI - Halloween 2007 - Sorcerer Mickey with Maleficent as Dragon (Green Flames)
[pinpics]57624[/pinpics]: WDI - Happy Halloween 2007 - Tinker Bell as Captain Hook

Please e-mail me your address if you would like to complete this 3 for 1 trade

to which I responded back (direct, but polite):
No, thank you. I will pass. Any of those pins you list, to me, are worth the 110th Legacy pin by themselves if not more.

and then I just got this follow up e-mail and that size text too:

I can understand turning people down, and I always try to do as politely as possible like No Thank You, Thank You Anyway, etc, but then to respond back as rudely as they did just seemed so left field to me

Last edited:
WOW!!!! They seriously need to get on this forum and learn about pin trading!

Keep your pins! Someone will trade you their real value!

Vicki

I think I've tried to trade with them before. I got an LOL also when I proposed a counteroffer. I just sent back "Thanks for the good laugh - I'll just hang to my pins until I find a serious trader." But they are very one-sided.

Takes all kinds. I have been Trading for almost 10 years and I have seen a bump-up in the "rude" remarks over the past few years. Just part of the hobby and its not my problem to teach manners or how to be polite - I just move on.

Mike S.

There are people like this in every hobby. At least now you know NOT to have any dealings with this person again. So actually you came out ahead of the game, just move on LOL!

OHHH I bet I know that is..the one that wrote me as I thought the pins he offered was ok and I was actually going to trade with him..
he goes"the trade is NOT acceptable..and you are a difficult trader!Well I felt it was as it was a OE for OE..he offered the OE as it was for one of my LE and
couple OE on his list..so I picked one.. he was a pain in the rump!and PM me I wanna know his info too

Judy

Wow, how rude! I wish there was a way to report behavior like that, but I suppose it would be more hassle than its worth. At least you know that if he treats everyone that way then he'll be buying all the pins he wants from eBay rather than having the opportunity to trade. People like that just shoot themselves in the foot :lol:

EW...i dont even know proper trade equality....so i am sure i may have offended somebody at some point. To me its a trade and people put different values on different pins, so it never hurts to ask and it is easy to reply no thanks or counter....geez ITS JUST PINS. I will say that i have actually been a bit disappointed on here in that i have PM 3 different people who had trades and wants that matched mine and gave me no reply at all, so i dont even know if they got the PM or what, and one of the people actually went into their trades the next day and removed 3 of the pins that matched my wants, again with no reply or explaination....i really dont care that much but if you dont wanna trade just dont list trades...right?? Anyway that enough negative babble for one night.

EW...i dont even know proper trade equality....so i am sure i may have offended somebody at some point. To me its a trade and people put different values on different pins, so it never hurts to ask and it is easy to reply no thanks or counter....geez ITS JUST PINS.

To me, it was not the counter offer, even though I felt it was a little out of left field doing a 3 for 1 trade :confused: but the fact that the trader, after I told them no, and why, had to have the last (rude) word with the LOL

I agree with you 110%, it never hurts to ask, the worst that could happen is the other party would pass.

yup broncobilly....(cool name) like i said you made an offer and that persons should have just said no thanks or presented the counter (which is weird wanting 3 for 1) ---am not getting the LOL? were they laughing at their own rediculous counter offer or was that all some twisted humor or sarcasim? Hard to say when you are typing not talking...sounds like you lucked out, and it wasnt meant to be at this time....all good.

OOOOH! I hope I was not one of those people. I get behind in my pm's and then sometimes they do not work out so well from my phone. :-(

I have a pin your looking for if you would like to trade.

Just pm me. :)

Vicki

EW...i dont even know proper trade equality....so i am sure i may have offended somebody at some point. To me its a trade and people put different values on different pins, so it never hurts to ask and it is easy to reply no thanks or counter....geez ITS JUST PINS. I will say that i have actually been a bit disappointed on here in that i have PM 3 different people who had trades and wants that matched mine and gave me no reply at all, so i dont even know if they got the PM or what, and one of the people actually went into their trades the next day and removed 3 of the pins that matched my wants, again with no reply or explaination....i really dont care that much but if you dont wanna trade just dont list trades...right?? Anyway that enough negative babble for one night.

Wow and again how do you guys rate and get answers from pin pics ? :lol: I offered 3 pins for the DLPR Tinkerbell ornament pin I want and left a note stating that I'd give up 3 good pins, no answer .

i very rarely get a reply from pinpics on trade offers, but again i dont take it personal, im sure there are tons of people that put an ID and pins on there and then lost interest or block it from their email or give a secondary email or really dont wanna actively trade but would if that "one special offer" came through. If its meant to be......i like trading with people that love to trade and love disney and love making others day by that great trade.......

It wasnt you and honestly no biggy anyway....i do like the casey pin so keep an eye on my trades if anything floats your boat.....i dont have a heck of alot of trades because honestly i buy what i want for my collection which does not leave a whole lot of left overs...

Wow! They come back with an unfair counter offer & then are rude when you don't fall for it. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back