• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"old timers" and or Tink collectors- Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"old timers" and or Tink collectors- Question!

-em

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
So been slowly selling a friend's collection and came upon a 'mystery' I'm hoping someone can help solve..

She has the Tinker Bell birthstone heart collection set from 2006 and has 2 variations of the march pin. Backgrounds the same color but the 2 stones are different shades of blue..

Does anyone have the March pin and can tell me which is the 'correct' one? Neither matches another 'blue' month.. Course that means her 'set' is missing January so I'll need to track that one down..

DSC01879.JPG
DSC01883.JPG

It is very possible that these are from 2 different runs of pins. That happened quite a bit back them. The princess monthly birthstone series was the same way. It depended on what year they were made.

Three of the months have blue colored stone ... March, September, and December. Is there any chance that one of these is for March and the other is for either September or December? It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures ... but to me it looks like you may have a two different months and not 2 of the same month.

Three of the months have blue colored stone ... March, September, and December. Is there any chance that one of these is for March and the other is for either September or December? It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures ... but to me it looks like you may have a two different months and not 2 of the same month.

This could be true if so March would be the lighter one and September the darker

Nope all other blue months have been accounted for correctly (that was my first guess as well)

The backgrounds are different (sept is a dark royal (#17 in the pic), december is a light turquoise (#20 in the pic))

I figured it was a variant but just would like to figure out which one is the variant :)

-em

Well if you go by the actual birthstones for each month, March is aquamarine, which is a very light blue, and Sept is the sapphire and it's a dark blue. Now Dec is the blue topaz, which is not so much a turquoise color as it is a cornflower. Looking at the lighter stone I'd say it's supposed to be a blue topaz, however considering that these are just crystals and if you are saying that the third blue stone is darker than the lighter one, I'd say for sure the lighter blue is in fact for March. Are you sure that the darker one pictured isn't for Sept?

Did your friend trade for either pin? Maybe the original gem fell off and another was stuck on except a different colour...

That's my final guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back