• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls
I am thinking of going to the expo, but I'm not getting my hopes up that I will be able to get any of the exclusive dolls. Especially if they are only LE 500 or so. Sorcerer's package people have priority, and based on what I read about the past expos, exclusive items are pretty much gone by the time the regular ticketed people get there. I hope I'm lucky, but I am trying to prepare myself to not be too disappointed. So I really do hope they eventually release these at the Disney Store for everyone to buy..

My theory is that these two are a D23 promotion for a full, open edition collection coming later to the Disney Store. While both look highly detailed for 12 inch dolls they are in the same flimsy plastic packaging as all the classic dolls and film collection dolls, not a hard case like any of the previous the Designer sets. If they were really meant to be the start of a Designer set I feel like they would have at least come in the same type of packaging. :)

I hope you can get your hands on these beauties if you decide you want them!

I'm really excited for these dolls! I love OUAT, I've always dreamed of having a Regina doll! I really do hope they will release them as open editions as well.

The seller responded to my message! He couldn't give many details, but he did say that this particular set was one of the first "samples" to be made. I am not sure what this means exactly, but we at least know its one of the first sets to be finished and completed. He also did confirm that this is a D23 exclusive item, as we all predicted going by the silver Mickey Mouse sticker. That is sadly all the info he could give. But at least its something! I sent him one more message to see if he could give me a price or LE number, but I don't wanna bother him anymore after that.

I still think these dolls will be getting open edition releases later this year. The Anna and Elsa classic dolls got a special two pack at the last D23 expo and then they were released in Disney Stores everywhere a few months later as two separate dolls. I think its the same case here. Plus the packaging really looks like its two separate and standard Disney Store doll boxes that were just glued to a cardboard backing. Sorry if I am repeating myself a lot, but I just don't want people to worry about these not getting open edition releases. We really don't need more stress in the doll collecting community lol.

Last edited:
The seller responded to my message! He couldn't give many details, but he did say that this particular set was one of the first "samples" to be made. I am not sure what this means exactly, but we at least know its one of the first sets to be finished and completed. He also did confirm that this is a D23 exclusive item, as we all predicted going by the silver Mickey Mouse sticker. That is sadly all the info he could give. But at least its something! I sent him one more message to see if he could give me a price or LE number, but I don't wanna bother him anymore after that.

I still think this set will be getting a open edition release later this year. The Anna and Elsa classic dolls got a special two pack at the last D23 expo and then they were released in Disney Stores everywhere a few months later as two separate dolls. I think its the same case here. Plus the packaging really looks like its two separate and standard Disney Store doll boxes that were just glued to a cardboard backing. Sorry if I am repeating myself a lot, but I just don't want people to worry about these not getting open edition releases. We really don't need more stress in the doll collecting community lol.

Thank you for the update! I'm glad the seller was able to give us some information updates! After all it is better to have some than none at all!

I still think these dolls will be getting open edition releases later this year. The Anna and Elsa classic dolls got a special two pack at the last D23 expo and then they were released in Disney Stores everywhere a few months later as two separate dolls. I think its the same case here. Plus the packaging really looks like its two separate and standard Disney Store doll boxes that were just glued to a cardboard backing. Sorry if I am repeating myself a lot, but I just don't want people to worry about these not getting open edition releases. We really don't need more stress in the doll collecting community lol.

I really appreciate your understanding that we don't need any more stress in the doll collecting community. Some of the doll blogs I follow have been saying that these dolls will be released later but not in the same outfits. I think that would be a travesty. It makes sense for Designer Cinderella and Designer Couple Snow White & The Prince because those are Designer Dolls.

I think what is confusing is that the ONCE dolls have rooted lashes and a LE certificate but they are in plastic boxes. It makes me wonder, are these Designer Dolls in different packaging or Film Collection type dolls in a LE two set that will be sold separately later.

I really appreciate your understanding that we don't need any more stress in the doll collecting community. Some of the doll blogs I follow have been saying that these dolls will be released later but not in the same outfits. I think that would be a travesty. It makes sense for Designer Cinderella and Designer Couple Snow White & The Prince because those are Designer Dolls.

I think what is confusing is that the ONCE dolls have rooted lashes and a LE certificate but they are in plastic boxes. It makes me wonder, are these Designer Dolls in different packaging or Film Collection type dolls in a LE two set that will be sold separately later.

I believe they'll be in some sort of film collection set, though I didn't notice the rooted eyelashes or the other LE quality work in the dolls before you I read your post. :) If the writing on the back of the boxes was any indication it looks like whether they are open or limited edition more OUAT dolls are on their way, and soon (the "introducing the Once Upon a Time collection" and so on).

I would love to believe that Disney would never, EVER put LE dolls in packaging that susceptible to damage, but these days one never knows. :)

I believe they'll be in some sort of film collection set, though I didn't notice the rooted eyelashes or the other LE quality work in the dolls before you I read your post. :) If the writing on the back of the boxes was any indication it looks like whether they are open or limited edition more OUAT dolls are on their way, and soon (the "introducing the Once Upon a Time collection" and so on).

I would love to believe that Disney would never, EVER put LE dolls in packaging that susceptible to damage, but these days one never knows. :)

Exactly! One would hope that LE dolls would be in more protective packaging. However like the seller said, these are early models so maybe that affects the packaging but I don't think so.

tumblr_npy9pkOOkm1tgg4wro1_250.jpg
tumblr_npy9pkOOkm1tgg4wro2_250.jpg

Got the pics from here:
http://ninedogs-writersblock.tumblr.com/post/121528186402/more-pictures-of-the-once-upon-a-time-d23

Just gonna share some more pictures from the new auction, as he took some really nice photos that give a better look at the dolls overall. I think these photos make them look a lot more like their characters in the actual show, especially Regina despite her somewhat odd shaped head.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
My god! They are absolutely incredible. The fact that they are only 300 is really worry some. What are the expectations for DS releases?

I'm having a really hard time understanding why Disney would make them LE 300. That is lower than Alice and Wedding Cinderella.
The D23 Snow White was LE 600, so double the edition size.
Although I suppose the D23 Cinderella was LE 250 and is going for 3000 on eBay now.

I just find this very upsetting. I can't even go to D23 and I'm sure that of the gold members going, surely not all of them that want these dolls will even be able to get them. I think that is even more disappointing.
Here's hoping that Disney releases them separately later in the year, in the same outfits.

Oh dear. I am worried about this LE sizing now. I'd love to be able to get hold of the Evil Queen - she looks fantastic - but I never really have any luck with the whole online ordering of the limited edition. Snow is beautiful as well, but I think I'd be terrified of that dress shedding everywhere. Evil Queen is my must have; so I hope, hope, hope these dolls are released like the Film Collection dolls. That would be very nice.

I'm so happy to finally see some Once Upon A Time merchandise. I hope there will be more to come in the future.

So sorry for the crappy quality, but I made a really quick picture comparing the actors in costume to their doll counterparts. Snow White's face could be better, but I think they both still look fantastic by comparison. Regina couldn't be any more perfect lol.

10613130_841944252564001_6324017023128523388_n.jpg

I actually think I am more excited about these than the Heroes and Villains dolls.

I'm definitely more excited for these but also a lot more disappointed. I can't go to D23 so I'll probably never be able to own them but they are some of my favorite Disney Store dolls ever.

Thanks for the side by side comparison! I knew they were really good replicas of the costumes and hair!

I'm definitely more excited for these but also a lot more disappointed. I can't go to D23 so I'll probably never be able to own them but they are some of my favorite Disney Store dolls ever.

Thanks for the side by side comparison! I knew they were really good replicas of the costumes and hair!

I'm going to D23 but I don't think I'll have even a chance at them with such a small LE number. I'm just hoping the Disney Store sells them individually at some point.

These dolls will always look funny because they're way too skinny to look like real humans. They'd need to use the Lamily doll... but then I guess they wouldn't look as "doll pretty". Disney has to figure out a way to blend the jawline in with those thin, thin necks. Or maybe just thicken and shorten the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back