• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oz dolls are now available on disneystore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought...the Oz dolls came out in (US) stores yesterday. Anyone been to one yet? I don't know why, but I always fear the possibility of an in store only release. O.0

Here are some images of the Tollytots China Girl! Sorry they are a bit late, a lot has happened with me.

Her cute face:

DSCN3865.JPG

DSCN3872.JPG

Her pretty hands!

DSCN3873.JPG

Lace collar and more skin detail. Her skin is more white in tone than my camera picked up. The dress is also lace print not real lace overlay like the Disney Store version.

DSCN3874.JPG

Waist Ribbon front

DSCN3877.JPG

Waist ribbon back

DSCN3876.JPG

Shoes!

DSCN3878.JPG

Her flippy sculpted hair!

DSCN3875.JPG

She is very cute and large for $20!! :)

I really like this version of the China Girl doll. She's really pretty. Is she available in stores or just online right now?

I just picked her up at Toys R Us a week ago :)

That's weird. I called arround to my local ToysRUs, Targets, and even a few Kmarts. Most of them hadn't the slightest clue what I was talking about. I decided, "Eh, why not?" So I went to my local TRU and Target and, same thing. They are probably still waiting on shipment or your stores released them early. AZ sucks. :/

That's weird. I called arround to my local ToysRUs, Targets, and even a few Kmarts. Most of them hadn't the slightest clue what I was talking about. I decided, "Eh, why not?" So I went to my local TRU and Target and, same thing. They are probably still waiting on shipment or your stores released them early. AZ sucks. :/
I got mine at TRU, but all of the Targets are still Oz-free.

Yeah, then AZ really does suck. ;)
I wanna buy it in person. No wait, able to pick and compare, and yeay. :)
My TRU, said they get shipments Tuesday and Thursday...so maybe soon.

Oz pin set is definately sold out. Disappeared from the website and cannot find it even with the item # search. They added a lot of great items today though such as the China Doll mug, hoodies and mouse pad.........

Has any of the Oz things appeared in any of the UK stores yet? It's been online for a good couple of weeks now, and I was at the Disney store twice since, including yesterday, and there's still no sign. Are they holding off until the release before putting them in store?

I heard the Oz stuff will ONLY appear in selected UK stores, so you just have to keep asking you local one and see if it turns out to be one of the lucky ones ... Such a shame, as I wanted to see before I buy, plus I cant use my discount card online to get 10% off :eek:(

I just came from watching OZ at the movie theatre. The movie was really enjoyable.

Still, I will never understand Disney Store's decision/move on skipping the creation of a Theodora doll. Perhaps I was dreaming way too much when wishing for a LE Doll, but not even a 12" one? I would be ok if they only selected some characters, but they basically did everyone except her! And come on, she was the most beautiful out of the 3! I guess I'll have to get the Tollytots one D: . So far I think Disney Store had let slipped tons of good opportunities this year.

I just came from watching OZ at the movie theatre. The movie was really enjoyable.

Still, I will never understand Disney Store's decision/move on skipping the creation of a Theodora doll. Perhaps I was dreaming way too much when wishing for a LE Doll, but not even a 12" one? I would be ok if they only selected some characters, but they basically did everyone except her! And come on, she was the most beautiful out of the 3! I guess I'll have to get the Tollytots one D: . So far I think Disney Store had let slipped tons of good opportunities this year.

I also just came back from the cinema from seeing Oz. I liked it, and it is a very enjoyable and beautiful film. It is a bit hard for me to watch, though, because I like Evanora and Theodora, and let's face it: it does not take any spoilers to know that they lose. I don't think I am a fan of the way Glinda is portrayed, not in the sense that I think Michelle Williams did a bad job, but in the way that her character is written in the script.

I also agree that the Disney Store dropped the ball by not making a Theodora doll at all. When I was watching the film in 3D, I kept staring at the velvet textures of Theodora's red hat and jacket and thinking how lovely they would look on a doll. :)

I also agree that the Disney Store dropped the ball by not making a Theodora doll at all. When I was watching the film in 3D, I kept staring at the velvet textures of Theodora's red hat and jacket and thinking how lovely they would look on a doll. :)
lol That's when you know you're really doll-obsessed. ;)

I just bought the 4 Disney dolls plus the Jakks Theodora and am quite content :) the outfit is pretty accurate, and she looks good standing next to the others.... I may make her white dress in addition ;)

!!!I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!
I was actually very blown out of the water by the movie. I seriously went in to it expecting little to nothing from James Franco as Oz...but was completely proven wrong. He seemed actually very committed and immersed in to the character and the reality created. I seriously loved the movie and I would totally go in to details as to why I loved certain scenes, but they'd be spoilers.
But, I bought both the Wicked Witches the hour they were released online. After seeing the movie, I went right to my local Disney Store and bought Oz and Glinda as well. ;D
And, my God. China Girl was just epic. I loved how she just randomly pulled out that blade from nowhere.

So, actual spoiler info here...
I think that the reason the Disney is the only one with the Wicked Witch of the West doll and everyone else has only made the Theodora doll...my theory is more to do with having a company exclusive. Hopefully, now that the movie is out, there will be a larger desire and demand or decision to make a Disney Movie Collection red outfit or gowned Theodora doll. I mean, if they can make different dolls of Rapunzel and Merrida as 17" LE and 12" Classoc dolls...then I don't see why they couldn't make two different dolls of the same character for the DMC. ;) If they actually do, then I hope it's her in the gown. It really was beautiful.

!!!I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!
I was actually very blown out of the water by the movie. I seriously went in to it expecting little to nothing from James Franco as Oz...but was completely proven wrong. He seemed actually very committed and immersed in to the character and the reality created. I seriously loved the movie and I would totally go in to details as to why I loved certain scenes, but they'd be spoilers.
But, I bought both the Wicked Witches the hour they were released online. After seeing the movie, I went right to my local Disney Store and bought Oz and Glinda as well. ;D
And, my God. China Girl was just epic. I loved how she just randomly pulled out that blade from nowhere.

So, actual spoiler info here...
I think that the reason the Disney is the only one with the Wicked Witch of the West doll and everyone else has only made the Theodora doll...my theory is more to do with having a company exclusive. Hopefully, now that the movie is out, there will be a larger desire and demand or decision to make a Disney Movie Collection red outfit or gowned Theodora doll. I mean, if they can make different dolls of Rapunzel and Merrida as 17" LE and 12" Classoc dolls...then I don't see why they couldn't make two different dolls of the same character for the DMC. ;) If they actually do, then I hope it's her in the gown. It really was beautiful.

It is a fabulous movie, huh?! I'm going to see it again Wednesday! Taking my hubby and 2 best friends....in 3D is soooo superb!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back