• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN GEAR Pin Necklace Holder/Pendant

PIN GEAR Pin Necklace Holder/Pendant

Connies_Hobby

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
238   0   0
I was gifted this unique item.

I've worn it once to DL. It was a nice way to display a "Pin for the day."

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Personally, I think it's a Great Idea.

Btw, a chain or leather cord goes through the hole.
f21518b1d8102d2205af5e4b33d76bca.jpg
7330c80ba03426514641ad77a38f88c5.jpg
01c85fb6c28ffecf0c2fdd767020793f.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
okay; so first iteration works with smaller pins, but the "stem" needs to be made longer to work with more pins -- maybe just having a few different sizes to accommodate "most" pins and having a set of them for the best fit for a specific pin would be the best thing to do.

works fine with the DPF pin, but other pins that have a longer distance from the top, need more clearance (other two photos):

DPF_030.jpg

these don't quite fit:
DPF_031.jpg

DPF_032.jpg

Wow those are so cool!!!

Another idea which might help for larger pins is if the hanging pin attachment piece were flat against the top of the cord holding piece, then the whole 3D printed item could fit behind the pin and then any pin should work,

That said, I wouldn’t want to walk around with a giant heavy pin hanging off my neck, so practicality may limit the need.

Such a cool item!

Wow those are so cool!!!

Another idea which might help for larger pins is if the hanging pin attachment piece were flat against the top of the cord holding piece, then the whole 3D printed item could fit behind the pin and then any pin should work,

That said, I wouldn’t want to walk around with a giant heavy pin hanging off my neck, so practicality may limit the need.

Such a cool item!
not a bad idea -- i suppose you can also achieve this by flipping the pendant around, so the top of the pin doesn't bump up against the top of the "T" the holds the cord/chain.

Last edited:
Oh my Gosh @Cicada - you made Magic overnight. These are Awesome.

Here's, a picture of the pin I wore the first time. I Specifically Used a Locking Back so it wouldn't fall off. And it worked perfectly.

I can definitely see the need for a longer, lip, for longer pins. Obviously, the weight of the pin, would determine the type of chain or cord needed, so it would sustain the weight, and be comfortable to wear.

Referring back to pictures below, here's the chain I used, and I couldn't even tell I was wearing it.

I really think it's a great idea. A nice way to wear/display our favorite pin(s) without wearing a lanyard.

And a great addition to a ZAP, RAK, General Gift, etc.

So I'm seriously excited about this new way to wear our pins. And I'm totally on board to purchase some.

Thanks for positive feedback DPF Mouseketeers.

Please, drop your thoughts on what's been posted so far.

Photo 1. An 18" snake chain. Pin holder. Locking back.

Photo 2. Pin connected.

Photo 3. Reverse side showing locking back

Photo 4. Connected with Mickey Head.

Photo 5. How it looks worn.
a1892ce96c6845689ff90339b7370482.jpg
9d1ed35a6650f680e934066d13f8d132.jpg
1ab94ada109816cabb1cf482d7e8bca4.jpg
e72b600eea12dc149642704947df10f5.jpg
1f00e9d5777f8ac714f260f15939975d.jpg

not a bad idea -- i suppose you can also achieve this by flipping the pendant around, so the top of the pin doesn't bump up against the top of the "T" the holds the cord/chain.
And this, is exactly what I did in the post above. Flipped it. So the pin laid nicely.

Oh my Gosh @Cicada - you made Magic overnight. These are Awesome.

Here's, a picture of the pin I wore the first time. I Specifically Used a Locking Back so it wouldn't fall off. And it worked perfectly.

I can definitely see the need for a longer, lip, for longer pins. Obviously, the weight of the pin, would determine the type of chain or cord needed, so it would sustain the weight, and be comfortable to wear.

Referring back to pictures below, here's the chain I used, and I couldn't even tell I was wearing it.

I really think it's a great idea. A nice way to wear/display our favorite pin(s) without wearing a lanyard.

And a great addition to a ZAP, RAK, General Gift, etc.

So I'm seriously excited about this new way to wear our pins. And I'm totally on board to purchase some.

Thanks for positive feedback DPF Mouseketeers.

Please, drop your thoughts on what's been posted so far.

Photo 1. An 18" snake chain. Pin holder. Locking back.

Photo 2. Pin connected.

Photo 3. Reverse side showing locking back

Photo 4. Connected with Mickey Head.

Photo 5. How it looks worn.
a1892ce96c6845689ff90339b7370482.jpg
9d1ed35a6650f680e934066d13f8d132.jpg
1ab94ada109816cabb1cf482d7e8bca4.jpg
e72b600eea12dc149642704947df10f5.jpg
1f00e9d5777f8ac714f260f15939975d.jpg

ahh -- chamfering the pin hole is something that would hep a little for some of the "nubs" on the back of pins 🤔 -- i'll add that

If there's interest, I can print these PINdants for DPF members :)

The cost would likely be ≈$12-$15 all-in, inclusive of shipping (CONUS), and include all 3 sizes in whichever orientation you'd like, plus an 18" waxed leather cord and (1) locking pin back; most of the cost is shipping, since it's about $4-5 to ship a parcel via USPS nowadays.

let me know if there's any interest, and we can sort it out! :)

some renderings of what's likely the final design:
DPF_PINdant_3Sizes_Render.png

DPF_PINdant_back.PNG

Lanyard style:
1709263216196.png

Back