• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTD/PTS Possible Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTD/PTS Possible Changes

Scarlett K

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello again DPF I am here again with another question for you all. I've noticed that the Pin Trader's Delights pins that are being released at GSF/DSSH still have the "Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store" back stamp and it made me very curious. First off I am assuming that these are overstock PTDs that were made before the company switch and they are choosing to still distribute them instead of tossing them which would be a waste of good PTDs. However if this is the case do you think once they start making Ghirardelli/DSSH PTDs they will make any significant changes to the design of the pin or will they most likely keep the same design formula and just change the backstamp?
Any answers and opinions are welcome :wavey:

They would probably change the backstamp, although you can never be sure until it happens (if it happens).

I always figured that the old Disney Soda Fountain AND Studio Store worked this way: Food/Drinks/Ice Cream was because of the Soda Fountain part and any merchandise (including pins) came for the Studio Store. So the PTD was a marriage (like their store) of both. Since the Soda Fountain is now replaced by Ghirradelli then the pins do not change, just a different marriage between two companies.

Hard to know... but as much as I adore them, I wouldn't be heartbroken if they stopped making them entirely! They are making me go broke!!!! LOL!

I doubt future pins will have Ghirradelli on the backstamp since the pins are still made by Disney...same as all of the other Disney merchandise in the store - exception was the Opening Day pin that actually had "Ghirradelli" on the front.

They likely won't say 'Ghirardelli', but will (I assume) have the new 'Disney Studio Store Hollywood' backstamp on them.

There's at least a 3 month lead time on pins from design to release, so the pins being released now were being worked on as far back as October. It's likely the DSF logo will stick around for at least a few more releases (and consider that some of these have sat in the store for a week or more before selling out). I wouldn't be surprised if there's some overlap to where they go back and forth for a few releases.

It'll all get settled eventually, I'd guess by end of Feb we won't be seeing the DSF stamp anymore.

As long as they don't deviate too much from the current and previous designs, I'm happy. The backstamp doesn't matter all that much to me, as it's the front side I'm looking at 99.9% of the time. Since the current pins (and even past ones) are selling so well, I would think the smart move for them would be to keep things the way they are.

The pins themselves are still being designed by the same people that designed what's being released now, so that shouldn't change much...

Well the backer card (or whatever it is called, I dont know the terminology) up until I believe the last release still read "Disney Soda fountain and Studio Store" and this last release I noticed the logo change. So i think they will change it, they jsut have to go through the supplies they had in stock first. However, that is just a guess.

Yeah, the backs of all the pins except the PTD all had the new DSS logo on them as well. PTDs are still a little behind though.

Yeah, from what I heard, the people who design the pins are the same, not to mention if they drastically changed them, they would look odd since all the PTDs look like a set at the moment, changing it too much would make it look like 2 distinct sets. So I hope they stay the same :)

I would imagine the backing is still the same because these would have to have been made far in advance, since they never know how quickly one will sell out. Eventually it may well change on the back stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back