• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Severely Frustrated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Severely Frustrated!!!

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I aI apologize for venting ahead of time! I am sure that all of you are tired of hearing about all my misfortune this year! I just have to get this off my chest!!! So here is my pin related portion of my absolutely horrible day today!

So my aunt put some money in my paypal account so I could get a new pin as a late Birthday present; how awesome of her!!! So...I find a pin on ebay and win the auction! Well the pin FINALLY arrived; when I open it and take it off the backer card to check it out, the bottom post was so loose that it moved all over and laid almost halfway down!!! It was so wobbly that I could not get it back on the card withput using tweezers to hold the post still!!! Ugh!!! So I figure, oh well, I will let seller know and return pin for a refund! Simple!

So, I message the seller and let them know, and get a response that they didn't notice this, the pin had never been displayed??? What do I want them to do, they don't know how to fix the problem and don't take returns unless item is not as described! With this I mesaage back and ask to return and get a refund because being damaged is not how it was deacribed! I was told that they would refund my money when the pin comes back in the mail! So I message back to let the person know that if they are worried I won't send the pin back, they could send me just the cost of shipping with a tracking # and once they have the info and know I sent it, they could refund me!They refused, said that I had to pay return shipping out of my pocket if I want a refund and not until they have the pin back will I get one! Well if I send it back BEFORE I get a refund, where is my proof to ebay that it was damaged in order for ebay to make them refund me!?!?They also tell me in the message that if the pin has any damage whe n they get it back, then I don't get a refund!!! What a scam!!! Send a broken pin, make the buyer pay to return the pin, and then claim it has something wrong and the seller has now pocketed the pin AND the money!!! Scammers!!! And where is the Buyer Protection there???

So I contact ebay who tells me that if ebay decides I deserve a refund, that I do ship it back but they HIGHLY recommend to the seller to help with the return shipping since it was a damaged product and I am not returning because I just changed my mind, but they can npt force the seller to pay return shipping! I feel like this is a new way to pocket peoples money! If I would not have contacted ebay, they would have gotten away with it! But, ebay DID say if I return it and they refuse to give me my money back, ebay will refund it and that the seller can not take both the product back AND keep the money!!!

I am just livid right now!!! I HATE dishonest people!!!

You're out shipping, no way else unless you get an insanely nice seller that that offers to pay. Just do an eBay dispute, say it wasn't as listed correctly, and ebay will 100% side with you for any reason whatsoever. Sucks to be a seller because they always side with the buyer no matter what. If they allowed food, you could sell a candy bar, the person could eat half, say it wasn't what you listed, and eBay will force you go give a full refund. I just listed something and said "NO REFUNDS" and the person is still getting a refund so that means nothing to eBay.
Depending on the value of the pin, I'd just superglue it or use epoxy to get the post solid again. People have thread hear about loose pin posts.

I am sorry to read this and I totally understand your disappointment. However, it is very standard both for sellers and Ebay not to send a Paypal refund until the purchased item is safely returned to the seller.

If it was a standard pin, and not a jumbo, it should cost only $1.64 via Paypal to print the return label including DC#. If you calmly reason with the seller, I think you'd have a better chance to get your return shipping $$ back.

If you want to play it safe, I suggest that you use buyer protection and you can chose "item was not as described".

I am sorry to read this and I totally understand your disappointment. However, it is very standard both for sellers and Ebay not to send a Paypal refund until the purchased item is safely returned to the seller.

If it was a standard pin, and not a jumbo, it should cost only $1.64 via Paypal to print the return label including DC#. If you calmly reason with the seller, I think you'd have a better chance to get your return shipping $$ back.

If you want to play it safe, I suggest that you use buyer protection and you can chose "item was not as described".

+1

I know it is frustrating but this is standard protocol. Put yourself in the seller's shoes. I you sold a pin that you didn't think/weren't aware that it was damaged would you really want to give a refund to the person before it is returned in the condition you expected it to be in?

General rule, buyer always pays return shipping on an item
Ive had to do it numerous times for items listed as working, and arrive broke

Take pictures before you ship it proving it is broken.
Buy DC with it. Ship it back in the same manor it was shipped to you.
If it was wrapped poorly, send it back wrapped poorly.
After the DC has confirmed delivery, pop a message to the seller. If they claim they never got it, contact ebay and paypal.
Buyer Protection through ebay, and possibly a chargeback through paypal if the seller doesnt cooperate.

And I would say if it arrived broken, they should pay return shipped for not packing it properly, or lying about the condition of the pin.

take pics of the pin. send it back with DC tracking, maybe even a signatre required. file you complaint within 24 hours of the seller recieving pin if the dont refund right away.

Thank you all for your advice, it is greatly appreciated! I think this was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me today! I think what irritated me most is she tried saying if the pin was not how it was when she shipped it, then she would not refund me!!! Yet she said the pin had NEVER been opened or displayed so she wouldn't know the condition??? And she claims the post was not loose but how does she know that?Maybe the post was damaged during shipping, I will give her that, but that means the pin would not be the same cause the post is damaged!!!

I am also a ebay seller, and I guess a stupid one! I put no returns on my sales, only because I don't want people to think they can just change their minds and return it! However, I sold a Boyd Bear and the buyer said it smelled like smoke (I am a smoker and NEVER claim anything I sell to be smoke free) so I immediately refunded her money and gave her extra for the return shipping cost!!! Then I sold another item which was damaged during shipping and I refunded the money and told the buyer to keep the item if they wished! What happebed to the days of making your customers happy??? That is what I live by, but obviously I am the odd man out! I have already opened a case with ebay and spoke to them on the phone. The ebay representative said they highly recommend to sellers that if a item is damaged upon receipt, that the seller at LEAST help with return shipping, if not fully cover it! He said that buyer is fully responsible ONLY if they decide they do not want the item for no reason, damage is another story!

I have looked for the thread on repairing post, but I don't want a damaged pin for the moneh paid for it!

Thanks again to everyone! :hug:

I also received a scrapper pin from an ebay seller once and when I notified her, I had a refund in a half hour, and she just had me tape the package back up and put RTS on it! The ebay represenative I spoke with said that is what they wish all sellers would do, it is the right thing to do, and they like hearing about extraordinary sellers such as this!

I just had my first bad eBay experience today actually. :) I found a really great deal on a LE 17" Rapunzel doll I have been wanting forever, and when UPS dropped it off today the box arrived completely smashed on the top. I was hoping the actual doll box inside would be fine, but no...it is all bent up and smashed too. :( I wrote the seller and told her I would provide pictures of the damages and would like a refund. Hopefully everything will go smoothly...but it is still upsetting. :( This seller also stated "no refunds", but I am assuming they have to provide a refund if the item arrived not as described...right?

You should be okay PB even if UPS damaged it (was the box UPS delivered it in smashed)? The seller can go through UPS for the damage.

I just had my first bad eBay experience today actually. :) I found a really great deal on a LE 17" Rapunzel doll I have been wanting forever, and when UPS dropped it off today the box arrived completely smashed on the top. I was hoping the actual doll box inside would be fine, but no...it is all bent up and smashed too. :( I wrote the seller and told her I would provide pictures of the damages and would like a refund. Hopefully everything will go smoothly...but it is still upsetting. :( This seller also stated "no refunds", but I am assuming they have to provide a refund if the item arrived not as described...right?

I am so sorry to hear this, never makes for a great day! They do have to refund you, but be prepared for them to want more than pictures, be prepared to send it back on your dime! I hope you have an easier time getting it resolved than I am!!! :) I would love to see the doll if you get an undamaged one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back