• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
Man I wish I was a kid again to wear that LE costume. It's stunning <3 Then again, my mom probably would've smacked me on the head and said "you want WHAT?!" :lol:

The Aurora animator deluxe set is extremely disappointing. I already have the first edition in Briar Rose costume and I don't personally like the pink dress at all so I'm guess I'll pass. The figurines and the cake just won't do.

A little tempting to get the Rapunzel animator deluxe set even though her dresses are kind of similar to each other.. But I want the 3D plush pascal and maximus! And her crown and lantern <3
tumblr_nc67ghYU4T1tp9tvoo3_500.jpg

So if any of yall are interested, best buy is getting their own exclusive slipcover for sleeping beauty.

b227e609f98a0ee1846896d0eaf86c3a.jpg

I kind of like it but at the same time don't.... I think there's too much white or black space.

Hmm...I think the concept is good. Its just not executed well. There is too much free space? I dunno but something just looks off about it. I'm still not sure which retailer I'm gonna buy the movie from.

Anyone else think it's interesting that the UK got a limited edition Aurora costume?

2802047080027M

Maybe it'll be released when the blu-ray comes out... Along with all the other LE dolls. XD

This just proves how disappointing the merchandise selection of Sleeping Beauty was.
You'd think that for a Fall release we'd have many items to choose from, like Cinderella and Mermaid.. But instead we get a few things.

OMG! That costume is beautiful :D It's not fair that they don't make these beautiful costumes for adults too :(

I'm loving this year for Sleeping beauty merchandise! Slowly building my collection. Ordered the figurine playset. Love that playset deffo my favourite disney have done. Also ordered some vinylmations never had one before so excited to see who I get, will be happy with any apart from the owl lol. Hoping they restock the Aurora plush soon as well.

I have my own LE Aurora costume. Truly one of a kind, as my grandmother made it for me one Halloween years ago. But it's an exact replica made with quality fabric, so it still looks amazing after all these years!

I gotta say, I love what we have gotten this year in terms of Sleeping Beauty merch, but I am also disappointed. I mean, when you compare the stuff we have gotten to past collections, its no where near as much. But like I said what we did get is still really nice. I just wish there wish there was more of it...

I gotta say, I love what we have gotten this year in terms of Sleeping Beauty merch, but I am also disappointed. I mean, when you compare the stuff we have gotten to past collections, its no where near as much. But like I said what we did get is still really nice. I just wish there wish there was more of it...

I was disappointed with how little merch we got this year. I was hoping for more adult merchandise. Both Cinderella and The Little Mermaid had a slew of awesome adult merch that we didn't have with Sleeping Beauty. However, my wallet is very happy that there was less merch.

I was disappointed with how little merch we got this year. I was hoping for more adult merchandise. Both Cinderella and The Little Mermaid had a slew of awesome adult merch that we didn't have with Sleeping Beauty. However, my wallet is very happy that there was less merch.

Yeah plus Cinderella and Little Mermaid had a lot more overall. I remember the Disney Store being covered in merchandise for those films when they were released, while Sleeping Beauty gets one small section that is a mixture of new and old stuff (at least that's how it is at mine). Its disappointing but like you said at least it was easier on our wallets I suppose. I am expecting Aladdin to get a lot more merch seeing its a much more popular film and its coming out in a D23 Expo year.

Last edited:
So if any of yall are interested, best buy is getting their own exclusive slipcover for sleeping beauty.

b227e609f98a0ee1846896d0eaf86c3a.jpg

I kind of like it but at the same time don't.... I think there's too much white or black space.

It has a lot of negative space because it's actually the artwork for the early 2000s widescreen LD and VHS. The title was originally right in the middle. Looks like they subdued the colors as well.

It's actually long been my favorite cover for the film as I've always liked the simplicity of it and find it the best rendition of the oft-used awakening pose. I mentioned this fact when I had Ron Dias sign the tape years back, to which he replied, "Let's make sure we don't f*%$ it up then".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back