• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
I would think sometime this month or early next month. I thought the pictures for Ariel were released sometime in July, maybe early August.

If I remember rightly, Ariel's pre order was July 29, so the pictures were definitely released before then. I'm sure a leaked picture was shown in June, but the official ones were about a week or so before the pre order. But this is just from memory and could be wrong.

I only hope that they give her an actual and correct staff and ring. I want her to have a Diablo with her, but...my only thought process is that they will use SO MANY visible fasteners to keep him in place. For that reason, if they do, I hope he's on her staff and not shoulder.

Now that the DVD is up for pre-order, do you think we'll see pictures of the Aurora doll sometime this week? On a side note, I'm pretty happy with the lithographs. I own the platinum DVD but I'm kind of tempted to pre-order the diamond edition.

Here's the link for the blu-ray + Lithographs:
http://www.disneystore.com/sleeping...free-lithograph-set-offer/mp/1360650/1000319/

So my complaint about the lithographs:
Only 2 out of the 4 are from the actual movie, the other two are promotional images, and they look horrible IMHO.

The maleficent one and Briar Rose ones are perfect. I really wanted one with the scene when Aurora wakes up/or is sleeping.

But it's standard Disney Store lithographs. Nothing really special.

I'm surprised there isn't no bounce back coupon for this pre-sale! but nonetheless, I'll definitely be doing this pre-sale since I don't own Sleeping Beauty in my collection yet :)

I think the lithographs look alright for the most part. But I dunno if I am going to order it off of the Disney Store this time around. I am part of the Disney Movie Club, and I am expecting them to release the film in a double pack with the Maleficent movie as part of one of their special offers. So I am a bit conflicted on where to buy it this time around lol.

Last edited:
There's going to be a vinylmation set released in August!!!

20140708-184304-67384550.jpg

Not a big fan of this series. I love the movie so much and these designs are just meh.
I can see an Aurora variant in Blue or Green (when she sleeps). Or it could be the chaser instead of a variant.
This set overall is really disappointing.
The fairies could have each been 3″ instead of wasting the slots for Dragon, Goon, and Forest animals. The Dragon could have been the chaser. The faces are just weird and the colors are too bright.
I really wanted them to give maleficent a staff…

So thoughts on chaser:
Blue Aurora or Briar Rose.
Diaval.
Spinning Wheel

Last edited:
There's going to be a vinylmation set released in August!!!

20140708-184304-67384550.jpg

Not a big fan of this series. I love the movie so much and these designs are just meh.
I can see an Aurora variant in Blue or Green (when she sleeps). Or it could be the chaser instead of a variant.
This set overall is really disappointing.
The fairies could have each been 3″ instead of wasting the slots for Dragon, Goon, and Forest animals. The Dragon could have been the chaser. The faces are just weird and the colors are too bright.
I really wanted them to give maleficent a staff…

So thoughts on chaser:
Blue Aurora or Briar Rose.
Diaval.
Spinning Wheel

Ugh this had so much potential. Hate the designs, very bland and one dimensional but hopefully we'll get more pictures/they'll look better IRL. I like the idea of Maleficent dragon and the owl but think they would work better as the chaser? Anyway I hope the chaser is Briar Rose.

I actually like those! Well for disney vinalmations. Would like the Dragon, the goon and Maleficent. The rest are abit meh. But I think the human characters always look abit rubbish on these.

I actually like those! Well for disney vinalmations. Would like the Dragon, the goon and Maleficent. The rest are abit meh. But I think the human characters always look abit rubbish on these.

Not always.
Ariel and king triton looked good. As well as belle.

It all has to do with the face.
I've never liked this artists way of drawing.

That's a shame, that was really what was getting me to order from DS. Otherwise, you can get the movies cheaper elsewhere.

The coupons and lithos are only reason I buy Blurays from Disney. I already have platinum Sleeping Beauty on Bluray and don't care for most of lithos, so no real reason to order this. I actually do like the cover better on this than the one I own, but even so, just not worth it when it can be bought for cheaper elsewhere.

I'm ok with spending $24 on Disney store blues because the lowest these get on release date is $19.99 so the Lithos are worth the $4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back