• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Disney Music Game (Free to Play!) *small test game* Ended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disney Music Game (Free to Play!) *small test game* Ended!

akaibara

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
How well do you know your Disney music!? :cool:
Show off your musical knowledge in this identification game! :D
This is a 20 question game!

Basically I will post a 9 to 17 second music clip (averaging at around 15 seconds) and you have to identify what the music piece is called and where it's from. Each first correct answer earns you a point and the person with the most points at the end wins a prize!

~ WHO CAN ENTER ~
Anyone from anywhere can join in at anytime! :hug:
However, the earlier you get in the better chance you have at winning the prizes.

~ SAMPLE MUSIC CLIP ~
Not sure if you can play this? Below is a super simple music clip. (I wasn't able to figure out a way to embed the music player in a post so you'll have to click the link and listen to it there. I'm sorry… :( )

DPF - Music Game - Sample <---- click that to hear the music clip! (It's working now!)

Do you know the name of the song?
Do you know what movie/short/show/park/game it's from?

If you can answer the question(s) first you win the point(s)! :)
If you don't know what it is you can do some research to try and find out. You have the whole internet at your fingertips!

~ PRIZES ~
This game will have 3 prizes.
1st place winner gets first pick, 2nd place gets second pick, and 3rd gets last pick.

pin60721
pin63559
pin66145

Pin 60721: TDL - 25th Anniversary - Tinker Bell
Pin 63559: TDL - Re-Opening of The Enchanted Tiki - Stitch
Pin 66145: TDL - Mickey and Minnie's Birthday - Mickey & Minnie

~ RULES ~
*** Please keep in mind this is a test run of the game to work out the kinks. ****

- The first person to get the right answer will earn the point(s).

- DO NOT PM THE ANSWERS TO ME!!!! :banghead:
My inbox will fill up ridiculously fast! :(

- You must post your answer(s) in this thread!

- If you want to change/add to your answer make a new post.
As long as you have the correct answer first you will win the point(s).

- IF YOU EDIT YOUR ANSWER POST IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!! :facepalm:
I will not try to piece together a timeline from the timestamps! Even if you have the correct answer first I will skip over your edited post and reward the points to the next person with the correct answer.

- New music clips will be posted as the previous one gets answered fully (what it's called and where it's from). I will announce around when the next clip will be posted. They will be posted at different times to give people in different time zones a chance to answer first. There will be a maximum of 2 music clips per day.

- DO NOT submit a comment on SoundCloud (where the music clips are hosted) with the answer or give hints!!
The clip will be disqualified and no one will earn any points on it. You may make vague comments like "so beautiful" or "I love this song!" I can't turn off the comment ability unless I pay for a pro account. :(

***CHANGED RULE***
- I will give hints after a music clip has been posted for 12 hours and no one has given the correct answer. Do not give hints! I'm hoping to stump you guys at least once. :naughty:

***NEW RULE***
- You can make as many guesses as you want but you cannot make an unbroken string of guesses. Give someone else a chance before you make another guess. You may make a string if you are making corrections to spelling or word order in your answer.

~ F.A.Q. ~ :confused:

Q) Do I have to sign up for this?
A) No, not this time. You can make a post saying you'll participate if you want, but you are not required to since I'm not making a participant list. I'll be keeping a score board though. You only get added to it if you score a point.

Q) Where is this music coming from?
A) Most of them are from animated movies. There's some from live action and the broadway musicals. Also video games, TV and the parks. Some are unused songs or demos. I tried to cover a little of everything.

Q) I know when this piece was played but I don't know the title.
A) All I can say is do some research. Do you own the soundtrack? Check the track listings. Check on Wikipedia or Amazon. Amazon has sample clips and the track title. Look on YouTube. You have the whole internet!
I cannot accept "that part when that guy puts the glass slipper on Cinderella" as an answer. If you take a look at the track listing on the soundtrack you will find it's on track 10 and is called "Cinderella's Slipper". That is the answer I'm looking for.

Q) What if I only know where the music came from?
A) Then go ahead and answer! You'll at least earn a point if it's correct. You can then do some research and try to figure out the title of the music but you'll have to go quick because someone else might answer that before you do and they will earn that point. If you figure it out before anyone else and post the answer first you'll earn the other point too. REMEMBER DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL ANSWER!! IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!! Make another post with the answer to the other part.

Q) How should I format my answer?
A) You can put it in a sentence. This is X from Y.
Or you can list it like this:
Source: Y
Song/Music: X
It's up to you as long as I can understand it.

Q) The title of the song is the same as the source, what do I do?

A) In order to get both points you have to list both. "Love Dee Doo" is from "Love Dee Doo". If you only post "Love Dee Doo" then you only get one point while the next person can also post "Love Dee Do" and get the second point.

Q) WTH, this wasn't used in the movie….!
A) Ah, you must've encountered a demo, work tape or unused song.
In this case you'd answer something like this:
- This is a demo of "Magic Song" from "Awesome Sparkle"
- "Sad Sad Song" is an unused song that was cut from "Tragedy"
- Source: Awesome Sparkle
Song: Magic Song (Demo)

Also keep in mind the musicals use the same songs but sound a little off or different from the original.

Q) What if there's a tie at the end?
A) I have additional music clips prepared in order to break any ties. Tie-breaker clips can only be answered by the ones who are tied. I will label it as a tie-breaker question.

Have any other questions?
Let me know! :wavey:

I hope this runs smoothly because I have 100+ music clips prepared and would like to do a much bigger game! :)

LET'S ROCK!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

First music clip will be posted whenever I wake up!
Probably around noon-ish EST....

Last edited:
Score Board

1. SiuJerkJai (14 points) - Stitch
2. Katchik99 (9 points) - Tinker Bell
3. reeneibakini (7 points) - Mickey & Minnie

4. AgentR (5 points)
5. LumpyLover (4 points)
6. DisneyOlivia (3 points)
7. ElysionsPrincess (1 point)
7. Aceastrococopuff (1 point)

Music Clip Links
To stop the automatic playback of the previous clip press the pause button (orange button or the little player in the upper right corner) before the clip ends. If the previous clip starts playing and you press the orange button (now a play button) it will play the current clip again and if you press it again then it will pause.

Clip 01 (Tarzan "Two Worlds")
Clip 02 (Mary Poppins "Let's Go Fly a Kite")
Clip 03 (The Black Cauldron "Eilonwy") *bonus point rewarded because it was so hard*
Clip 04 (Pinocchio "I've Got No Strings")
Clip 05 (The Little Mermaid Broadway Musical "She's In Love")
Clip 06 (The Parent Trap (1961) "The Parent Trap")
Clip 07 (Who Framed Roger Rabbit "Valiant & Valiant")
Clip 08 (The Hunchback of Notre Dame "God Help the Outcasts")
Clip 09 (The Wonderful World of Disney Parade "Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm)")
Clip 10 (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh / Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day "The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down") *bonus point for two sources*
Clip 11 (DuckTales: Remastered "The Amazon")
Clip 12 (Bonkers "Bonkers Theme")
Clip 13 (Summer Magic "The Ugly Bug Ball")
Clip 14 (The Rescuers Down Under "Main Title")
Clip 15 (The Brave Little Toaster "Cutting Edge")
Clip 16 (Sleeping Beauty "Awakening")
Clip 17 (Wreck-It-Ralph "Sugar Rush")
Clip 18 (Steamboat Willie "Turkey in the Straw")
Clip 19 (Toy Story 2 "When She Loved Me")
Clip 20 (Cinderella "I'm In the Middle of a Muddle (Demo)")
Tie-Breaker (Bedknobs and Broomsticks "Portabello Road")

Last edited:
Can't access the sample clip you posted :( It comes up with [h=1]Sorry! We can't find that sound.[/h]
Did you try to access a private sound, but were not logged in?
Maybe the sound has been removed.

I tried signing up and trying again but with the same results.

Sounds like a super fun game. Excited to test my Disney knowledge

Well, by the time I saw this, the correct answer had been given! :lol: I am ready for the next go, but that one was a little easy! Ha ha! Make it a challenge! ;)

So, I found this a little humorous...

I played the music clip on my phone. For some reason, after listening to it, every time I make a phone call and hang up, my phone plays the clip of "Kiss The Girl" after every phone call!?!? :rofl: I am not sure what is going on because it is NOT playing on my music player and the internet browser is totally closed out!?! :)

So, I found this a little humorous...

I played the music clip on my phone. For some reason, after listening to it, every time I make a phone call and hang up, my phone plays the clip of "Kiss The Girl" after every phone call!?!? :rofl: I am not sure what is going on because it is NOT playing on my music player and the internet browser is totally closed out!?! :)

Huh that's weird... like a reverse ring tone? Hang up tone? Is that a thing?
I don't have one of those fancy phones that do everything so I have no clue what's going on. Weird... At least it's a good song right? :rofl:

I noticed that after the clip plays the previous one plays right after. I'm trying to figure out how to disable that since it's kinda annoying and will only get more annoying later. :sad: If anyone figures it out before I do please let me know.

EDIT: Okay so what I found is that it's an "awesome new feature everyone wanted" except only a few people wanted it and it's pissing off a lot of people and there's no way to turn it off (for now.) So you'll have to press the pause button to stop the playback of the previous clip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back