• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: Tokyo Disney Giveaway ENDS 9/16 8 PM PST

Completed Game: Tokyo Disney Giveaway ENDS 9/16 8 PM PST

summerskin

I control the weather
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Time for another giveaway.

This one is a bit of a weird story. Early this year, I spent a few months ordering things on a Japanese auction site. I bid mainly on pins and some stationary. I thought I was bidding on a large lot of Disney postcards and stickers. Instead, I misbid on a large lot of Tokyo Disney Resort Toiletries and didn't realize it until they were already pretty much on their way to me. I figured I would use a small portion of it for a little giveaway here.

RULES
1. Must be a member of the DPF at the time of this posting and willing to send me your address
2. All you need to do to enter is share where you would like to travel most in the world.
3. A randomized winner will be drawn after the giveaway closes on Thursday 9/16 at 8 PM PST.

PRIZE
vNJhBUC.jpg

Two Tokyo Game Pins
Two Tokyo Pressed Pennies
Tokyo Photo Album
Some sort of Black Necklace that came with the toiletries
Tokyo Disney toiletries assorted variety
Note on the toiletries: I messaged the seller and they got them shortly before I won them in February of 2021.

OMG! I try to stay out of give aways because I dont want people to have to pay for shipping here if I were to win, but this is a give away I cant skip! I LOVE thses stuff! Im willing to pay shipping if I were to win in the end.

As of where I would like to go most its Tokyo Disney. That is an explanation why I cant stay out of this give away! We had a trip planned there in October 2020. We were supposed to go to Shanghai first, stay with Disney friends there, they travel to Tokyo, go to Disney there and meet up with Disney friends there And then back to Shanghai a while before going back home. It would have been an Epic trip! I was so excited. But of course it got canceled because of Covid. We have put our plans of that trip on hold now becasue of all that happened. Next trip will be to WDW instead. But I still dream of being able to do that Japan trip soon. I even startet trying to learn Japanese! I want to go so bad! Check one more park of my Disney parks bucket list and meet amazing friends that I miss so bad. And shop like crazy of course. They have the cutest stuff over there!

Hyz0.gif

15nJ.gif

What a fun subject! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's dream vacations!

Okay, so there are two place in the world that I'd like to see -- and they're totally different -- so, I'm going to show both.

One is for family research and sheer historical thrill! This is in England:
i.php

And the other is for pure fun -- but would require some serious souvenir money. I mean, how could I control myself in shops filled with the most amazing pins and plush and . . . everything? Sigh . . .
20210915085457-9f299b0a-xl.jpg

Does it have to be somewhere I’ve never been? Lol.

When I lived in NY, and there wasn’t a pandemic, I was AP at WDW. But I cancelled my AP when Covid hit and now I’m in Austin and using most of my travel to go visit NY or vacay with Chris, so I don’t know when I will be back again! :(

But if has to be somewhere I’ve never been then I’m gonna go with just about anywhere in Italy because I looooove ancient sculptures and I’m told that what we see in museums here is just plastered on the streets there!

Finally on to join one of these! Right now, since I’ve checked off a bunch on my bucket list in the last few years, including going to all of the Disney parks in the world (a feat we are planning to do again in 2024) the next up is the Colosseum. We were supposed to do the Disney Med cruise this past May but it was cancelled.

Since we are expecting our second little girl in November, we’re going to hold off on attempting that trip again until May 2023. Ever since I was in high school and took three years of Latin and saw Gladiator about 100 times, I’ve always wanting to see the Colosseum.

6bb.gif

I’m going to go with Aulani, well Hawaii in general but would love to stay there :)
Was supposed to be going April of this year but covid cancelled those plans, hoping for April 2023!
Thanks for such a fun prize opp!!

Worldwide, Tokyo would probably be on the top of our list. For the United States, I have been to 48 of the 50 states, so I would have to say that I really want to know them off of my bucket list. So Hawaii and Alaska are my most desired vacation destinations stateside.

What a lovely gesture!

From the perspective of youngest member of dznycrzyfmly:

I would want to take a trip to Alaska, specifically all the places my mom lived while she was in her early 20s. It’s where our Native American ancestors settled down and my mom had some of her happiest memories from her young adulthood. She talks about wanting to go back all the time and I feel like it would be one of the best trips of her life!

My top dream vacation would be related to my favorite Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast. I would love to see the new Tokyo attraction, Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast, sigh. One day...

2nd would be a trip to Harry Potter Theme park in England, that would be a blast for my entire family.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I’ve been fortunate to travel over much of the US this past year, though there are many spots I’d like to visit internationally. Ever since I was a kid I’ve always wanted to go to Egypt since have been fascinated by the mummies, pyramids, mystery, and intrigue. Loved Indiana Jones as well which helped my desires to go to Egypt! Thank you for hosting this giveaway.

I figured I would post mine as well.

I've done a lot of traveling over the years for a variety of reasons and spent a lot of time in Europe and Oceania. I have also been to Africa as a young child, Asia for short trips for work, and Central America. Most of the places on my bucket list are things that are on hold until the girls are older. I plan to spend as much of their summer breaks taking them for new experiences international and domestic as possible.

My ultimate two left are two different places.

1. Egypt and Petra in Jordan - Petra is the place that intrigues me the most in the world. The history and the sheer majesty of it are something I would love to see in person. Part of my heritage is Egyptian and I would love to visit the country to connect some with that side of my family.
2. The Galapagos Islands - I wanted to be a marine biologist for many years and ultimately decided not to due to life circumstances. One of the most fascinating places in the world to me is the ecosystem of the Galapagos. I would love to fly to them and charter a small boat to explore them and the ocean around them on.

Other places that are on my must see list hopefully in the next 5-10 years: Faroe Islands, Singapore, Bora Bora, the Congo Basin in Africa, and Turkey.

Back