• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Traders or SCRAPPERS for sale???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traders or SCRAPPERS for sale???????
I feel like this posting is making people think that Dan is talking about me since I am the only person selling pins here for $1.50. I live in Vegas and have never sold pins to Dan. Personally, when it comes to buying trader lots, I would make sure before ordering pins from someone anywhere that they guarantee the pins you are purchasing. I do my best to send out good pins. I guarantee my traders and allow anyone to send whatever they are uncomfortable with back for replacement pins no questions asked. It would be stupid for me to intentionally send out bad pins as the extra postage will cost me money. No one... not even Dan the Man, knows every scrapper out there. I can not say that I have never sent out a bad pin unknowingly, but I do replace it if someone questions any of them so how can that be a bad thing. I know that there are scrappers everywhere. I actually take the time to look up the pins I get on pinpics before sending them out to make sure they are all good when ever possible. A lot of work goes into trying to provide good pins at a low price. I refuse to sell traders on the Bay because I do not want the association to all the known scrapper sellers there. It is getting very frustrating to have to go through everything I do to try and provide the best pins I can, only to feel like I am being trashed for no reason. Of course I could be wrong, but who else sells traders here for $1.50

I don't think it is about you, although I can see how you might think so. I noticed when you were selling yours, that many people, well known members, wrote and said they were very happy with the pins, so I am thinking that your selling yours at a great price to help others and it is totally nice of you.

Dan I believe is speaking of someone else, who I am sure he would be willing to name privately to ensure no one else gets "had"

It's rare, but yes you can get a good deal on pins. :)

Vicki

Thank you Judy, Dan and Vicki. I appreciate that you all would stand up for me like that. Dan, thanks for posting that you were not referring to me. I knew you weren't but somehow your posting changed from someone in Cali to someone on the boards as the posts went on. Then I felt it started being directed toward me when the $1.50 amount came up so I felt I should defend myself. Judy, thank you for the PM. YOU really made a difference.

Last edited:
At the SALSA sale, pins were offered for up to 80% off- I bought way too many, and ended up paying only $1 to $2.50 for them. I went a little insane, and bought a TON- now, I'm left with the hassle of getting rid of them (a task I've been working on for years). I usually offer them in lots for around cost (to me). So yes, it's possible.

Others have already mentioned the Promo pins and outlet sales, as well.

I'm not particularly interested in getting in yet another scrapper discussion, but since you asked, there it is...it IS possible to get cheap authentic pins from traders who have bought them straight from Disney, even if it's lower odds than getting scrappers.

Breagirl has great traders and reference that shows it. Please post a neutral or negative to help protect and inform DPF members. I have to admit that I am not to knowledgable with scrappers. I can tell the obvious, but some slip through. I am usually at an event trading when this occurs and other folks are kind of enough to inform me so I can demand my pin back. You really would help.

Its intresting I sell grab bags and have done so recently the people who bought them will tell you most were on original card! I stopped trading with CM's about three years ago got fed up with it anyway and its not reliable. These days I amg etting to a point where I will only trade on line with people either I know or who have a pile of references. Anything I sell comes form my own traders and collection so I know its provenece yes I do sell grab bags at $2 a pin nd replacve any damaged etc thats the key its what youa re prepared to do if there is a problem.
Jacqui

You can get real pins for $2.50 each in my case (dealer $#4) at My-D Pins and Collectibles. Robby has been cleaning out a couple of his pin bags and stocking our little red board with good, real (non-scrapper) pins.

Robby & I do not go lanyard hunting in the parks or anywhere else. We also do not buy lots of pins from anybody. We do not collect the hidden mickeys so there is no need for us to do that.

The advantage to buying them at My-D pins is that you can see the pins for yourself before you spend the money.

My-D pins and Collectibles
1215 S. Beach Blvd.
Anaheim, Ca

Dealer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back