• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Triple burned by three trades! What do you do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triple burned by three trades! What do you do??

wyllieam

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
So, I have been trading very heavily since february via pinpics. I have never had any issues trading online but in the last 45 days I have gotten burned by three traders!!

The first trade was a one for one. I sent it with DC and it shows it was delivered but they claimed they had no idea what I was talking about and they never even mailed their pin in the first place, so thats one. It was only one pin around $20 so it wasn't too bad.

The second trade was an overseas multi trade with a DPF member in which I sent over $100 in pins. My pins arrived to them. Mine never came and it has been close to 80 days!!! No customs information or anything to try to follow up with. I have left them a negative feedback rating posted as "temporary".

The third trade was about 4 weeks ago. An older fairly pricey DSF pin for the UP house from DSF. They confirmed my pin arrived. Mine never showed. No responses for last 10 days from the trader. And they are very local. Less than an hour from my house.

Sooooo, the question is what can you do??? I know there is risk involved but that is just kinda ridiculous. If they are a DPF member you can leave them negative feedback but if they are not you can only leave a "positive" reference on dizpins. Two of these traders are not on DPF.

Can I post their usernames so that other people do not get burned by them?? At this point in time, I'm out about $155 worth of trades.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FROWNY FACE!!!!!!!!!! ANGRY FACE!!!!!!! SAD FACE!!!!!!! ANNOYED FACE!!!!!!!

Hi
Send me a PM and their IDS ...I know ones on DPF!I saw the rating..but I wanna store the others for future caution that I do not trade with them
And the emails would help too..this is horrible...I sure hope it resolves soon

Amy, you are such a kind and great trader. I am so very sorry for your bad luck.

I will send you a PM to give you a lead. Maybe ...

PM to me please too! I have 3 trades that I haven't received yet from pinpics and DPF and the latest is about a month ago, most recent is 2 weeks.

But, as far as what to do, let them know that if you don't receive the pins, you will be following up with a mail fraud complaint with the United States Postal Service. Sometimes that scares them.

I am so sorry to hear that you have had such terrible luck. Kindly PM me as well. I hope that your pins turn up somehow.

Id like to know who they are if that alright so send me PM.

I hope you can get them sorted out. As I had sent the Aurora designer doll to Australia and it took 5 weeks to reach Australia and arrived last week so all hope is not lost but then again 80 days then Id say the the plane crashed, pins ate by fishes ate by shark that got swallowed by a whale by mistake so Id call it a FAIL!

This is so discouraging! I had the same issue with the same DPF member as well. Would you please PM me the other parties (Pinpics) names too? There should be some place where we can warn each other of trades gone wrong on Pinpics. I did go through the complaint process on Dizpins and they contacted the other party who said they would return my pin, but I have yet to see it. The Dizpin folks no longer pursue complaints through the postal service though.

Oh no! That's horrible! D: I hope things will get sorted out.
Please let me know who these people are too! I can't afford risking a bad trade.

You got my package, right? USPS says it was delivered but I want to be sure.

I'm just gonna post the non-dpf members here bc that is a lot of people to warn, ha! If this is bad, let me know and I'll delete it but...too bad for them. Price of a bad trade.

Last edited:
I don't know what to do about the two others, but for the one that is close you can just email them and tell them you're going to stop by. This worked for me and the person replied within an hit and sent it that day. :)

Do what I do..look them up on the white pages by name/addy and call them..I had to do it a few times
and I got my pkgs in a few days!

Wow that sucks. I'm new to all of this and haven't traded anything via pin pics yet but plan on it. Is this a common problem you run into cause if so I don't know if I will be trading on there

I'm just gonna post the non-dpf members here bc that is a lot of people to warn, ha! If this is bad, let me know and I'll delete it but...too bad for them. Price of a bad trade.

Eeek. I don't know if the name posting is allowed either (hence I've deleted them from the quote), but thank you for the warning. One of the names posted has been pushing very heavily trying to get my Rapunzel Designer Doll pin.

I'm so sorry! I imagine that all of us who have done lots of trades have been burned one time or another, but it still hurts. :( I hope they all turn up for you!!!

Actually, one of those IS a DPF member. Not to be discouraging, but I believe this is still against terms of use. :( I hope everything works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back