• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Update 2-23-12 - Disneyland Pin Page Project Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 2-23-12 - Disneyland Pin Page Project Completed!

Story

I Dream of Disney ;D
Rating - 100%
281   0   0
Update 2-23-12

Long overdue update! I finally got some time to take a pic of the page after adding my last Classic Ds, and a few other pins so the top of the page didn't look so bare ^.^

df509acf.jpg

A huge thanks to imatronaholic for helping me out with the Classic D collection - without you Jill I don't know if I ever would have gotten around to getting them all! Thanks so much! :hug:

Update 9-21-11

I meant to update sooner with my new additions, but things have been so busy for me as of late :doh: Nonetheless, very happy to report that I am now all caught up with my page and just waiting for the last 4 DLR Classic Ds to come out :hsd:

4b8bb1d4.jpg

Very special thanks to those of you from here who have helped - I'm so excited about my first pin page project, and looking forward to the other pin quests that will follow! ^_^

Original Post:

I'll hopefully get around to posting the rest of my (quite small) pin collection soon, but I really wanted to share one pin page that I'm really enjoying putting together :hsd:

I absolutely love the Classic D Disneyland Pins, but I wasn't sure how to arrange them. I had been eying the Castle section of the mystery stamps, and while going through my pins the other day, I finally decided where my Classic D pins would go! (sorry for the picture quality- I seem to have misplaced my camera and had to resort to my iphone :doh:)

96398c39-2.jpg

Basically the Classic D pins will border the Castle :) Obviously there is much work to be done as many pins have yet to come out and I still have some catching up to do with ones currently out. But I'm really loving the way it is looking, and I might even try to do a shadow box for these later down the road when they are completed :D

Just thought I'd share since I'm totally excited about it and ever so grateful with all the help I've already received in finding the pins I need. Thanks so much and hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
I see what you're going for here, and I think it will be awesome when it is finished! Definitely shadow-box worthy!

How many Classic D pins are there/will there be all together?

I think the classic D is so much nicer than the crummy D at WDW has. I wouldn't collect the WDW D if it were the only pin out there. I have severa DLR Classic D's and love them. Your idea and design is just wonderful. Good luck and don't forget to post the finished project so we can all see how nice it turned out.

Thanks so much for the warm comments everyone! :)

I see what you're going for here, and I think it will be awesome when it is finished! Definitely shadow-box worthy!

How many Classic D pins are there/will there be all together?

I believe there will be 12, but I could be mistaken. If there are twelve, I'll probably have 6 lining the bottom and then 3 on the left and right sides. :)

I think the classic D is so much nicer than the crummy D at WDW has. I wouldn't collect the WDW D if it were the only pin out there. I have severa DLR Classic D's and love them. Your idea and design is just wonderful. Good luck and don't forget to post the finished project so we can all see how nice it turned out.

Thank you so much! I know, I think a few of the wdw classic ds are cute, but I definitely prefer the Disneyland ones. I have more of a connection to Disneyland too, so it works out this way.

Thanks again, and I will definitely post updates as I go! :D

It's going to be very nice collection when finished and will be awesome in shadow box, I like it. I agree with swim2sea the WDW d's are nothing compared to DL they are so much nicer.

Updated the first pic with my update- I'm so excited that I'm all caught up and just waiting on the last DLR pins to be released!

Now I really got to start thinking of framing it or a shadow box project :lol: I've never done one before, but I've had a lot of fun finding these pins, and part of me wants to be able to enjoy it out on display rather than just having it in my bag.

I love the Disneyland character letter pin above your stamp set :D Do you know the pinpics number for it?

I love the Disneyland character letter pin above your stamp set :D Do you know the pinpics number for it?

Thank you! :) Had to look it up (I need to get my "owns" list updated already :doh: :lol:) It's:

Pin 3956: DL - Disneyland Character Logo/Sign - Black Border

Thank you! :) Had to look it up (I need to get my "owns" list updated already :doh: :lol:) It's:

Pin 3956: DL - Disneyland Character Logo/Sign - Black Border

Thank you so much. I had a look but couldn't find it!!!! another one to go on my wants :D

Thank you so much. I had a look but couldn't find it!!!! another one to go on my wants :D

Your welcome- I know it took a few tries for me to find it too :lol: Hope you are able to find one soon- my mom gifted it to me earlier this year and it's one of my favorites! ^_^

I love the classic D pins! <3

Thanks! And I know- they are definitely one of my favorite pin series Disney has come out with! :)

This is coming along great! Can't wait to see it when it is complete. :0)

Thank you so much! I can't wait either! :) Also wanted to add that I absolutely adore your Dumbo avatar- so precious! ^_^

Love the classic Ds, are they hard to come by to buy at the park?

Thank you! I do not live near the parks, but in my experience the pins are usually relatively easy to spot on ebay for around retail price for a couple of weeks after they are released (or awesome members here may be able to snag you them :)) But once they are sold out, they seem to get harder to track down (They are "POM" pins so I believe some of them are already sold out). The next one coming up is Matterhorn which I think comes out tomorrow. Hope you are able to get the ones you want! They are totally worth it! :)

Totally loving them. It is going to be pretty when its done.

Thank you so much! ^_^

Wow ive never seen this Classic D set before (been back into trading for about 2 weeks now lol)...and they are lovely! Your finished result will look awesome :)

Thanks, I figured as much. The wifey collects the ones from over here. Just was wondering if it was the same.
They would probably be a late collection I start after the one I'm heading for is underway. :]

Thanks so much for the kind comments everyone! (Sorry it's been a while for me to revisit this page :doh:) I finally got the time to share the finish page, and super happy with the results! :hsd:

Thanks so much to Jill and everyone else who helped me acquire the pins for the page! Now on to finishing the rest in my book :doh: :lol: I can't wait to share the rest of my collection soon! It's quite small in comparison to others, but so much fun to put together! :)

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back