• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UPDATED! Finally! Our WDI Sorcerer Hat Collection is Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your collection, now I really want to collect those. I am new to pins, so pardon the silly questions. Where did you find them? I see that the sorcerer's hats are all DWI which is no where near us in FL. How long did it take you to acquire them all, and how did you find them? Are they available for sale at the different parks at all?
Any advice for me on how to get started? I dont feel too safe buying them on ebay since I don't know if they will end up being scrappers, and also because they are asking a lot of money for these. Once again, thanks for the info, and CONGRATULATIONS!
This is the only collection where we have not purchased a single pin on the secondary market. We acquired the first two hats at the WDW Trade City event in September 2010. Since then we have traded for all of the rest through DPF, PinPics and other pin-trading events. Since these are WDI pins, I believe they are only available at Mickey's of Glendale, and not for sale at any of the parks.

As far as getting started, that is up to you. You can begin by looking on PinPics and trying to make some trades. Some people may be trading at pin events such as PTN and the upcoming Mickey's Circus event at WDW. Trade for any that you can get because some individuals will want to only trade hat for hat. You might also want to try a wanted thread on DPF. Purchasing on ebay may or may not be risky with these pins, but we have never done it. Hope this helps and good luck in your quest!

Good Job! That's what I want my collection to look like someday! Keep up the great work!

(Very Envious of the Happy New Year Big Al Pin, I've been searching for that one for a while now ;)

That is so awesome! I love seeing them all together. Congrats for keeping up with it. Sometimes I wish I had not given up on them but I was trying to carry so many other collections and that was one I decided to give up. Love your set though! It is always cool when you can see them all together like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back