• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Valentines...............Steal Shamelessly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valentines...............Steal Shamelessly!

Pin-A-Colada

The PTD Guru
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
We are now accepting pin/PODM submissions for our upcoming Valentines..........Steal Shamelessly game.

Our nonstop White Elephant style pin exchange game will run from Friday night, Feb 8th through Sunday Feb 10th.

DPF members who want to play need to sign up on this thread and and them PM one of the following three individuals the pin/PODM that you are putting up for this Gift Exchange game.

If your DPF name begins with a number or letters A-I submit your PODM submission to Pargani
via PM or email imprai355@gmail.com

If your DPF name begins with letters J-R submit your PODM submissionto Milky
via PM or email silentserene@gmail.com

If your DPF name begins with letters S-Z submit your PODM submission to Pin-A-Colada
via PM

We are only looking for Valentine or Couple theme pins that are wanted by most DPF members. The reason I am doing this is because we are a community here and I want all members submitting to bid a Valentine pin or couple PODM they feel they would want to receive.

For this Gift Exchange game we are accepting only Valentine theme and Couple theme pins and / or PODM's. None of the pins can be similiar unless they are highly sought after pins with low trade high want ratios. Submissions will be accepted up until February 8th. At this point there is no cap as to how many players are allowed to play or how many pins one player can submit. We will know how many players on February 8th. Each player will PM their assigned person what pin or PODM they have to offer, their full name, cell phone and their address. We will be texting each other during the game to remind the next player up.

As moderator of this game thread I reserve the right to turn down a submitted pin if it is a duplicate or does not follow the above guidelines.

Rules

This is a white elephant style game. You can Wikepedia how to play the game but here are the general rules to playing this game. Once all players have submitted their pins and are placed on page one of this thread I will randomize who goes in what order on February 8th. When the game begins the first player will pick a number based on the the value of their pin, the pin will be revealed to that individual on this game thread. The next player will either pick a new mystery number or can steal a pin from any previous player as long as the pin is not locked. Pins can be stolen three times and locked on the 4th owner/thief. If a pin has been stolen from you then you can pick a new number or steal a previously revealed pin. This game will take some time as we'll have to get everyone to check when it is their turn. The game will end when all pins are stolen or revealed. They do not have to be locked for the game to come to an end.

A break down of the tier brackets categories is below. High value pins will be able to open a pin in their color bracket or steal any pin they want as long as it is not locked while lower valued pins will only be able to choose from their range and lower.

Pin / PODM Break-Down

$20 - black

$30 -
purple

$40 - red

$50 - pink

$60 - blue

$70 - green

$80 - orange

$90 -
Teal

$100 -
Maroon

In short you will end up with a pin of same value you submitted to the exchange game. You will never go down in pin bracket unless you as the player chooses to steal a pin of a lower color (example: you do not have said pin and you always wanted to own it).

A single pin player be able to submit multiple pins in different color brackets. At this point we will only accept pins that are of different bracket's. For example one player can submit a black bracket pin and a purple bracking pin so they can increase their chances of getting different types of pins. We will not be able to accept two black bracket pins from one player they must be of different category.

Overseas members may sign up so prepare that you may have to spend a little more money to ship your pin if it is chosen by a DPF member across the pond.

I will let you know if you end up picking your own number once the game is randomized just so you don't end up with it. I will mail the address to each person so they know where to send the pin gift to. The sender may reveal themselves or not, up to them.

valentine01.jpg

Last edited:
Please let me know what will be appropriate for this game. Maybe I can help with some quick auctions or games so people can get a Valentines pin in time.

Last edited:
I was going to auction this one off for Valentines but will save it for this game if it is good enough. Let me know if it would work. It's the best one I have right now. I can run some auctions for some others if it would help others play but they wouldn't be as good. If I know what you will be looking for I might be able to help with some valentine auctions or a game with a bunch of valentine type pins, just let me know.

You might want to edit that, I didn't research anything about it, but if it did work, we wouldn't want people knowing one of the pins in the game, would we? haha xP Just edit it, remove the image and send it to Pin-A-Colada :) I'll PM that to you too so you know!

Last edited:
I can help you with research, if you still need someone, as it can be done at any time. Can not be a moderator due to time restraints.

I can help you with research, if you still need someone, as it can be done at any time. Can not be a moderator due to time restraints.

I added you to the list. We will start accepting Valentine pin submissions this week but will reach out to researchers and moderators before then to finalize a couple of things. If anyone else want to volunteer in this White Elephant pin game please post here.

Does white elephant mean any pin is accepted and there won't be different levels like the PODM one was?

We are now accepting Valentine theme pin submissions for our Valentines pin exchange game. You must post on this thread so I can get a head count as to how many players we will have and then submit your pin for review to your assigned pin researcher/moderator. They are on page of of this game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back