• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What the holiest of your grails that you've obtained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the holiest of your grails that you've obtained?

carolynhill

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Which pin in your current collection or in one of your past collections did you search the hardest for, wait the longest for before you could afford, or were happiest about when you finally got?

OK, already I see the problem. I can't limit it to one pin. So how about three?

Mine (one in each category).

A. Searched hardest for:
Pin 27856: Disney Auctions - Masterpiece Series #2 (White Rabbit Persistence)

pin27856th72.jpg

B. Waited the longest for:
Pin 36444: WDW Cast Exclusive – Cast Pin Party C Ticket (Stitch/Disney-MGM Studios)

pin36444th72.jpg

C. Were happiest about:
Pin 42382: Disney Auctions - Elisabete Gomes Signed Set ( Alice with Flowers )

pin42382th72.jpg

It seems strange, now that I think about it, that one pin doesn't fit in all three categories. Does that happen to you, too?

A lot of the harder to find Alice pins were ones that I have I searched the longest for, paid the most for, & was happiest about getting:
pin32272th72

Non Alice were these:

Last edited:
I remember when those art nouveau princess pins came out from Disney Auctions. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!

My holiest of grails are these 5:

I missed them when they came out at Disney Auctions, but I was there for when the sold the AP LE 4 versions and I was able to get Belle and Cinderella. They are not gold metal so they don't match but I was a broke college student then so I couldn't buy more than 2.

I am still looking for the Ariel to complete my set if anyone EVER sees it. :smile:

Sallie

Hmmmm...these would probably be mine:

A & C - I probably searched the hardest for these and therefore was the happiest when I got them:

B - This is the one I waited the longest for:

It may not be worth anything to most, but it was one of my first pins! Jerry Leigh- Mickey and Minnie hugging is one of my favorite pins and an obtained grail before I even knew what grails were.

Take that DALE100. :p

I cant post all of the UP pins but they were all grails as each one was replaced by another UP pin to be my grail :) so out of all the UP pins Id say these 2 were my best to track down and obtain..

I didnt really wait long for any of the UP pins but the one that eluded me the longest was this one -

We have been very lucky to obtain a couple of our holy grails... these below would probably mine and Michelle's... :)

My Holiest grail ever... Mr Toad LE 15...

Michelle's Holy Grail... maleficent Diva Pin

Mine was a long wait. I spent about 7 years trying to trade for it and finally did, traded about 6 pins for it. A few months later(when someone posted the counterfeit on pinpics) I discovered mine was a fake! I was devastated. I even sent it to Terry in FLA with Stefanie to see if it was true. I filed a claim on pinpics and LOST because it had been 7 months! Then about 6 months later I paid $150 on eBay for the real one and was happy to do so and be done with the long and painful quest.
pin2028

I adore this pin and will never give it up! And now I don't know what to do with the fake.

Aprille

Last edited:
Oh Aprille that's awful! Glad you were able to finally get the real one though. I've always loved that pin, but figure it will just be one of those pins I admire from afar.

The one for me is this one - Pin 35882 DVC Pluto

I tried to insert the image, but it wouldn't work. :(

It's part of a set and I had never seen it for sale on Ebay. I rarely buy from Ebay anymore and on a fluke I typed in a search for it one day and there it was. I figured it was just meant to be.

Joy

I thought I had finally got my holiest of grails

pin27839th72
Pin 27839: Disney Auctions - Masterpiece Series #2 (Tinker Bell)

But it turned out that I bought a fake from someone on eBay and lost $165 :(

So, I really haven't acquired 1 yet.

Last edited:
Couple of posts here which just highlight the dangers of EvilBay!! There is no way I would part with a lot of $$$ or even £££ for a pin (okay I understand that we're talking about HG's here!) without seeing it first - just my thoughts!

My HG was this pin, I had found one beforehand without the backing card but declined the trade, then this popped up & really only cost me twice the orginal price of $12.50 in pins - really pleased considering the trades/wants ration & the silly money that is being asked for!!!

pin36280

Pin 78776: Original Disneyland Cast Badge with Name

Attachments

• warrick.jpg
    warrick.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
This way by far my longest wait, most excited for, and still my favorite pin:

These two were also fairly difficult to come by:

saw this thread and thought I'd bump it up!

What a fun thread to bump!

For me it would have to be trading for the Princess Designer set:
pin85994

Wouldn't be fully complete without Stuart's help so HUGE thank you to him. :)

And this pin was my Dumbo holiest of holy grails given to me as a gift. ^.^

pin44463

Can't wait to see more people post in this thread!​

This was my holy moly grail last year and Mae helped me to get it <3

pin33350

Pin 33350: WDW - Spectacle of Pins 2004 (Oliver, Fagin & Dodger)

hehe thats my pin as the picci to, it used to have concept art. I LOVE this pin, really really do!

So jealous of a lot of these! :D Seriously amazing pins. I want to get the Art Nouveau pins!

The day I got this pin was AMAZING... sadly I don't have it any more as I needed to sell it but I do so miss it. ONE day I will get that one in my hands again...hehe

pin39958

As for my collection right now... I would say the day this one came was one happy happy day for me! I had wanted this frame for sooo long. The fact that my dad bought it for me when he knew I really wanted it made me love it all the more.

101_1505.jpg

A few other pins that I was really excited over...
pin23950th72
pin35627th72
pin36030th72
pin35069th72
pin36234th72
pin37501th72
pin36847th72
pin40544th72
pin45198th72
pin49738th72

pin52715th72
pin64358th72
pin53536th72
pin66371th72
pin70628th72
pin76489th72
pin80877th72
pin86003th72

There are probably more but a quick look through and these are pins I remember just being soooo excited to finally own. :)

Oh and I can't forget this beauty.
pin31639

Last edited:
Well, I worked hardest for my Jessica pins, no doubt! But if we're talking about that feeling that makes you walk on air...

pin44876

Followed closely by this one:

pin41085

This one, just because I never thought they'd even RELEASE her:

pin48745

A few other contenders:

There are others I was really excited over, but these are some of the top ones I pined over for a while (or worried I would never get), before actually getting them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back