• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WOW EBay seller wouldn't even let me bid after I asked if pin was authentic

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW EBay seller wouldn't even let me bid after I asked if pin was authentic

Mad hatter

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Okay so I am new to the whole online pin trading but a pin my daughter really wanted is up for sale on eBay however I read there are counterfeits of this high end pin. So I emailed the seller asking if the pin was authentic and never received a reply ( even though I am current high bidder) now for me 150.00 is a lot for a single pin now when I try to either email or even place a higher bid the seller won't accept so I assume they know this pin is a counterfeit? This seller has a very high rating so now what do I do? Aid I win this pin and it turns out counterfeit how hard will it be to get my money back? Anyone else ran into this?

Wow...they must not want to sell it very much. That to me would be a clear sign that it isn't authentic for sure! If they feel like they can't answer about the authenticity then they must figure that when you get it and figure out that it isn't authentic....they will have problems!

Yeah back out. Best advice, if its got a scrapper alert, don't bid on it. And a lot of those sellers I have watched and right as soon an auction ends, they list the exact same pin again for another 6 days. And then they repeat. And repeat. And so on. Sorry but there is no way they can have that many of a 150 LE pin.

Okay so it says I won the auction unfortunately however the seller won't even accept an email from me regarding this so what would you guys do? Pay the money so I don't get negative feedback and then fight to get my money returned or not pay until the seller contacts me ?

Don't pay! Sellers can't give buyers negative feedback anymore but even if they could, I would rather take the negative feedback then lose/tie up money.

do not pay. Contact Ebay immidiatly and tell them you were blocked from further bidding when you asked a question about the pin. And that the seller refuses to respond. Tell Ebay you will not pay for a pin that the seller wont answer questions about.

Chances are the seller doesnt expect you to pay at this point. They prolly plan to negastive feedback you without even an invoice, so CYA! contact ebay now.

Contact Ebay, confirm that you asked a question and then were banned from further bidding. Let them know that due to no answer, you want the bids canceled. Take the neg feedback if necessary to not get ripped off.

I agree with everyone else, do not buy this pin. Like everyone said, that is a lot of money for a pin. While ebay will refund your money if it is fake, its really not worth dealing with this seller. I would wait to find the pin somewhere else.

Yeah back out. Best advice, if its got a scrapper alert, don't bid on it. And a lot of those sellers I have watched and right as soon an auction ends, they list the exact same pin again for another 6 days. And then they repeat. And repeat. And so on. Sorry but there is no way they can have that many of a 150 LE pin.
I have noticed a LOT of that going on recently as I have been keeping a watch on a few of the pins I really want. Sucks that this type of stealing can keep going on.

Well I just spent an hour going around and around with eBay who tells me I MUST pay for the pin and then if its not real then open a case with them which seems just ridiculous to me when they can solve this problem now by contacting the seller and have them answer my question and send me a photo of the back of the pin :rant:

Ouch! Sounds like a horrible situation. Ive experienced exactly the same senario in the past. Now I make sure all my questions are answered before bidding, even if it means missing out on a pin. I hope you can resolve this quickly, good luck!

So I finally received a response from this seller and I can honestly say even if the pin is real I am not buying it take a look for yourself

"The pin we sold doesnt have any of the same issues as pinpics reports but some people are very misinformed about their facts. We have a prototype and artist proof and both exhibit the traits of what the pin trading community are calling counterfeit. The AP I traded for from a pin trading board was at a pin event. According to pinpics logic, Disney is counterfeiting their own pins. There are flaws on the pins they sell at pin events and on and on.. A few people make their determination and then everyone else follows like lemmings. I just wish people would trade and buy for the sake of having the pin, not to act like the fat comic book guy from the simpsons. We dont make the prices for the most part, the buyers do. I wish everyone would chill out on this pin and others. But it is the internet, so everyone is an expert.

So I finally received a response from this seller and I can honestly say even if the pin is real I am not buying it take a look for yourself

"The pin we sold doesnt have any of the same issues as pinpics reports but some people are very misinformed about their facts. We have a prototype and artist proof and both exhibit the traits of what the pin trading community are calling counterfeit. The AP I traded for from a pin trading board was at a pin event. According to pinpics logic, Disney is counterfeiting their own pins. There are flaws on the pins they sell at pin events and on and on.. A few people make their determination and then everyone else follows like lemmings. I just wish people would trade and buy for the sake of having the pin, not to act like the fat comic book guy from the simpsons. We dont make the prices for the most part, the buyers do. I wish everyone would chill out on this pin and others. But it is the internet, so everyone is an expert.

I also like how he/she calledthose who care about having authentic pins into obsessive, fat, slobs. Real nice :\

And just because it's on a pin trading board AUTOMATICALLY makes it authentic, because people NEVER trade fake pins... *facepalm*

I told the seller to cancel my bid I am just in shock this seller has lover 200 pins up for sell and has over 3000 in feedback everyone beware a lot of their pins are high end

I told the seller to cancel my bid I am just in shock this seller has lover 200 pins up for sell and has over 3000 in feedback everyone beware a lot of their pins are high end

I experienced a situation very similar to the one you had, except I asked the seller before bidding and they told me not to bid, this was only about a week ago if not less. Sadly, the pins I wanted were near grail-level for me but I looked at their feedback and they had only 1 negative feedback. I later found on thanks to DPF members that Ebay removes negative feedback after a year so your seller could easily do a bi-annual check up on Ebay, ripping off all these people and then waiting another year. It is very sad but I find the more and more Ebay gets things like this, the less and less I want to buy pins from there, which is a good thing lol xP

On a side note, there are list of which pin sellers on Ebay are trustworthy somewhere on some other forums and things like that. You can probably find it through Google.

Take the non-paying bidder hit; sellers can't leave negative feedback for you anymore.

She is correct, it is now impossible for a seller to leave a negative feedback for you. You can have up to 3 non pays before ebay even says anything. Go with your gut on this one. By the way, can you pm me the seller please?

I had this happen once, now they've banned me from all of their auctions. The sad part is they have a mix of legit and scrapper pins too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back