• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Zapped by DOCFISH2U during my FIRST TRADE! THANKS!!!!

ZAPPED! Zapped by DOCFISH2U during my FIRST TRADE! THANKS!!!!

melanium

Pin Trader from the Future!
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So I recently connected with David (docfish2u) because I had a pin on my trades list that was on his wants list- the Maleficent Coffin pin. I let him know that I had never traded with anyone other than a Cast Member at the park before and since I see his name mentioned a lot on the forum, I figured he might be a great person to try my first trade with. Well, suffice it to say my collection is small, and the number of pins I have available to trade is even smaller (and most of the people here wouldn't even blink an eye at them), I thought the Maleficent Coffin pin was a pretty good option for my first trade and seemed to be a decent pin that a few people were looking for. David let me know that that pin was probably one of the better pins I had and said he'd rather trade me for a Donald Earhat pin I had and in return offered me either a Rocketeer pin or Eve pin that I have on my Wants List. I thought that that was quite generous and asked him if he was sure that would be fair for him, but he was happy to go forward with the trade. I decided on the Rocketeer pin because my husband has been wanting a Rocketeer pin for a WHILE and we've yet to come across one.

Yesterday my mail came and I received my package from David, which I was really looking forward to- MY FIRST TRADE, very exciting! Well, not only did I receive the awesome Rocketeer pin, but David also included the Eve pin he had offered as an option instead of the Rocketeer pin! AWESOOOOME! I was so excited! And let me tell you, my husband was VERY excited about the Rocketeer pin- he had no idea this was coming and he was all lit up.

Wow, what a great delivery. Well, it's not over. I continued to pull another item out of the package and there was another pin there. Another pin? I just got ZAPPED the Eve pin I had on my list, what else could there be?!?!

A beautiful Evil Queen, SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS 75TH ANNIVERSARY SPINNER!!!!!!!!

25cf370d-d2b3-4433-b388-118ced36dc18.jpg

I am beyond excited and side note: I coincidentally won the Maleficent Fantasmic Spinner in a game recently, so they go together quite nicely. :)

David, THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are far too kind and such a wonderful example of generosity. My husband and I are so happy with the pins and can't thank you enough. You set the bar high and I hope to follow in your example in my future trades. You really know how to put a smile on people's faces. :)

--Melanie

Aw shucks:facepalm:, I love being people's first trades. I am very happy to welcome you here!!! But you are not telling the whole story are you? Everybody else will have to read about it on my own post.

Congratulations on your first zap and trade! What great pins. That's so nice of Docfish2U. The Rocketeer pin looks much nicer in your picture than on Pin Pics. I might have to add it to my wants list.

Thanks all! I'm still so excited.

I'm very happy to be a part of such a great community! Looking forward to trading with you all in the future. :)

--Melanie

Back