• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Adopt-A-Newbie // AAN December 2012

ZAPPED! Adopt-A-Newbie // AAN December 2012

Milky

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Welcome to Adopt-A-Newbie
FOR DECEMBER 2012

Would you like to help new members out by jump starting their pin trading? Do you want to donate some of your pins to help others? Then you've come to the right place! Each month, big sisters/big brothers will be given a chance to lend a helping hand to a newbie(s) that is chosen each month.

This is by no means a way to get unlimited free stuff. It's simply a group of people who want to help new members through donating things that can help new members who don't have enough pins to start trading/collecting or a way to reward them for being outstanding newbies.

Every month, one newbie will be chosen to be sent a Newbie Care Package! For December, I'm hoping to send out at least THREE Newbie Care Package to start things off with a bang plus this will be for the month of December thus the month of giving! As of now, I'm hoping that the care package will consist of 5 pins (depends on how many big sisters/big brothers join in and the amount that in donated) and other random items that might be of use such as mailer envelopes, bubble wrap, mailing labels, small tapes, stickers, stationery...etc! A list will be made to make sure there are no repeats as a Newbie Care Package can only be sent to a newbie once in their pin trading lifetime as no one can be a newbie forever!

ncp.jpg

How newbies are chosen:
For the month of December, 10 newbies will be chosen and YOU will be able to vote which newbie you think should be sent a Newbie Care Package! You can also PM me one newbie's name that you feel deserves to be nominated in AAN. "Newbies" are anyone who's join DPF in the past 6-10 months and have at least 1+ itrader feedback. Feel free to "test" qualifying newbies by looking through their posts, starting threads, by talking to them, who traded with them, trading with them... just basically knowing about them! The top three newbies will then be sent a Newbie Care Package for the month of December!

What to send:
Feel free to send anything as it is not limited to pins. As long as you think it will help them such as mailer envelopes, bubble wrap, mailing labels, tapes, stationery... Romancing_Train and I had the idea that maybe we can also send a "how to" letter that can act as a guide. Feel free to email or PM me guides / how to that you think I should print out to be included in each Newbie Care Package!

How do I be a big sister / big brother?
1. Post in this thread to become a big sister / big brother! Anyone can become a big sister/big brother! Even if you're a newbie yourself :)

2. PM me one newbie nomination and, if you have it, their address since this will be super helpful especially because they are new! This info will not be disclosed until they are chosen. If you don't have a newbie to suggest, no worries! A list will be coming your way to put in your vote to see which newbie you want to sponsor! PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR!

3. I will then PM you the qualifying newbies. You will have a couple of days to look their current collection and their wants to see if you have anything that they might like or would be good for them to trade with. If you have pin(s) that you want to give to a specific newbie as it's in their wants please PM me or leave me a note with the pin.

You will be receiving a PM with information around 23th-30th of November. You will then give you my address so that I can make a care package for the newbies. If you rather make your own Newbie Care Package, I can PM you the newbies' address. This is meant to be a surprise so don't reveal it to your newbies or fellow big brothers and sisters!

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions and suggestions!

By being a big sister / big brother, you'll have a hand in helping someone who is dipping their toes in the pin trading world and making their stay an even more welcoming one! Feel free to keep in touch with your newbies afterwards and get to know them even more!

Big Sisters / Big Brothers for this month:
sorapandora
RiftRaftStreetRat
Jrdnsmom
wonderwoman3553 GOT
Orlandoismycat
teddy_ruxpin
Donnam GOT
PrincessxJasmine89​

Big Sisters / Big Brothers for every month:
Milky
Romancing_Train​

aan_top.jpg
Adopt-A-Newbie is named and inspired by Romancing_Train's RAK Attack!​

Last edited:
Since next month is December, feel free to donate Christmas related items or Holiday themed items so that we can make a starter Christmas themed Newbie Care Package!

Last edited:
This is a nice idea, and I'd like to contribute, but I'm a little confused. I haven't even been around for 6 months yet, so I guess I'm technically still a newbie.

Are newbies exempt from being big brothers and sisters?

This is a nice idea, and I'd like to contribute, but I'm a little confused. I haven't even been around for 6 months yet, so I guess I'm technically still a newbie.

Are newbies exempt from being big brothers and sisters?
Newbies can contribute too :) I guess maybe I should change it lower? to 6 months? Would you like to sponsor a newbie for just next month or for every month?

Last edited:
I will be playing every month :D Is it okay if maybe I make small gift bags for each person? Or like treat keepers xD I have a nominee too, when i'm a little more awake i'll get their addy and let you know.

Yay :) Thanks for signing up ^__^

Yep! That's perfectly fine if you make small gift bags for each person. Feel free to PM me anything when you're more awake XD

This is such a wonderful idea...as of yet I would be considered a "newbie" since I have hardly any pins! So i wouldnt be much help as a big sister. But it is a wonderful idea, I have found the people on these forums to be sooo kind!

This is such a wonderful idea...as of yet I would be considered a "newbie" since I have hardly any pins! So i wouldnt be much help as a big sister. But it is a wonderful idea, I have found the people on these forums to be sooo kind!
Thank you for your kind words :) I really hope that enough people will sign up to make this possible. Remember, even if you don't have pins you can donate other misc items such as bubble wrap, stationery, label stickers...etc.

This is exciting! As a newbie, I don't really have enough stuff to sponsor anybody, but hopefully soon I will! This is a great way to get and keep people involved in the hobby. Good for you!

I wanna get in on this, I remember my first week here, I was zapped, and it was the neatest thing ever, it was so exciting when I got that package and wasn't even expecting anything in the mail, it made my whole day! and I just couldn't wait to share that kind gesture. you can count me in.

This is exciting! As a newbie, I don't really have enough stuff to sponsor anybody, but hopefully soon I will! This is a great way to get and keep people involved in the hobby. Good for you!
I am planning to do this for every month so please feel free to join in whenever :)

I would love to be a big sister for this month! :D
Yay! A new big sister :)

I wanna get in on this, I remember my first week here, I was zapped, and it was the neatest thing ever, it was so exciting when I got that package and wasn't even expecting anything in the mail, it made my whole day! and I just couldn't wait to share that kind gesture. you can count me in.
That is exactly the experience I want to bring to newbies! Thank you for joining in :D

A "how to" guide would be excellent, I want to start collecting pins (actually looking at a couple on ebay right now) and to know what to look out for would be great. Like for starters I'm not sure if there's fakes around or what prices they usually go for.

A "how to" guide would be excellent, I want to start collecting pins (actually looking at a couple on ebay right now) and to know what to look out for would be great. Like for starters I'm not sure if there's fakes around or what prices they usually go for.
Yup! There are fake/scrapper pins on ebay so make sure to do your research. I noticed that you mainly collect Tangled merchandise so I'm assuming you'll want to collect Tangled pins as well? As of now, I think Tangled pins don't have any fakes/scrappers. If I'm wrong though, feel free to correct me people :)

Back