• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Adopt-A-Newbie // AAN December 2012

Thanks for the info. ^^
And I'm going to be looking into others not just Tangled for pins, but It'd be my main priority though lol.

When would we have to have stuff mailed to you by. We are headed to DLR with my nephew and his GF the end of November so I am concerned I would not be able to contribute this month.

When would we have to have stuff mailed to you by. We are headed to DLR with my nephew and his GF the end of November so I am concerned I would not be able to contribute this month.
After the votes are in you'll probably have until (as of now) December 8th to send them to me so I can make a care package and send them to the newbies. You can always send them early to me too to take the pressure off. When newbie votes are in and you want to give your gift to any specific newbie, you can just PM me and I'll package them to the newbie. If you are sending it early to me, remember to write three notes with your name/username so they can keep in touch with you :) Just PM me if you want my address now or wait until later.

Edit: did you want to be added for this month? if it's doable?

*note* I want to thank everyone: Jrdnsmom, CrashMyParty...etc. for purchasing my pins. This really helped me to buy pins for the AAN. I also want to thank the people who gave me a good deal for a couple of pins for me to contribute to AAN :)

Last edited:
I volunteer as newbie! :lol: .

This is a great idea! So how do the newbies get picked and how long does this continue? It says every month, but until when, or is it an ongoing thing?

I volunteer as newbie! :lol: .

This is a great idea! So how do the newbies get picked and how long does this continue? It says every month, but until when, or is it an ongoing thing?
Big Sisters/Big Brothers have the choice to nominate a newbie and PM me their choice. If they don't, then I basically go around the threads and the forum to see which newbies qualify to be sent a newbie care package. Qualifying newbies are basically newbies who have at least +1 feedback score, friendly, and participate/post in various threads. Then I make a list. This month, we're shooting for 10 qualifying newbies. After, I send this list to all the Big Sisters/Big Brothers and everyone will then vote. For the month of December, the top 3 most voted newbies will receive a Newbie Care Package :) I will try to decorate them all nicely and package them holiday themed for Christmas :D

As of now, this will be a month to month thing that is on going however, that is subject to change.

Hi love this idea a lot,only just joined forum but having a great time already
i would love to be a big sister ,but a I live in the UK mail time may be an issue

Hi love this idea a lot,only just joined forum but having a great time already
i would love to be a big sister ,but a I live in the UK mail time may be an issue
International Big Sisters are welcome too! You'll just need to send out your sponsor gifts a bit sooner than everyone else :>
Would you still like to join the racks of being a Big Sister to a DPF newbie? If you do, please tell me so I can sign you right up :D

had a thought re.shipping ,why not give me a newbie from the UK ,there seem to be quite a few
xx
This can work depending on what you are sending since I know shipping isn't exactly cheap when it's internationally. If you can make a little mini Newbie Care Package then that's fine :) If you want your gift to be included in the Newbie Care Package then feel free to send it over to me instead since it's not 100% positive that we're going to get a UK newbie every single time. After December (month of giving), it will go to one newbie per month and so it won't be fair if it's always UK newbies.

Back