• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! December 2012 RAK Attack

ZAPPED! December 2012 RAK Attack

Romancing_Train

EVERYPONY calm the buck down!
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Welcome to the D ece mber 2012 RAK Attack!

A RAK is a Random Act of Kindness, and a RAK Attack is this group of participants mailing some sort of surprise to a ‘victim’ who is selected by nominations through private messages sent by you. Please try to send the name/user name of the DPF member and their address (if available) when you sign up. (Please one nominee, per person.)

This is not a popularity contest it is simply our small way of spreading cheer in our little community. This particular RAK is intended for members of DPF. If you have friends in need of a RAK feel free to open a new thread and let us know, there's always someone to step up and contribute.

One person per month, not the same person in a year. A list is maintained to assure no repeats. If you nominate someone who is ineligible I will send you a private message to send in alternate nominations. The RAK host (me) cannot be RAKed.

Who to nominate and why?
Any member who is going through a rough time and could use a smile, who has been especially helpful or accommodating, the victim does not have to be a participant in the monthly RAK, just any member of DPF.

What to Send On a RAK Attack
Anything Goes: Pins, Arty bits, cards, Handwritten written wishes on handmade or pretty stationary, Handmade stationary, Candy, cookies, Stickers, Books, Artwork, Encouraging words, Poetry, favorite quotes. You decide what to send based on how much time you have and what your budget is, look to the supplies you already have and all it will cost you is a stamp.

How Do I participate?:
1. Post in this thread to sign up

2. PM me a one member nomination and their address, if you have this info, it is extremely helpful. This information is always kept secret from the participants so do not ask. (If you don't have anyone to nominate, that's OK, you can still play!) DO NOT POST WHO YOU VOTED FOR IN THE THREAD PLEASE.

3. I will PM you all with the address of the RAK recipient.

Expect to see this info around the 27th-30th of November. You can only receive this information from the host (me) so please do not ask others.

This is a surprise! Please do not tell the RAK recipient-let them find out in the mail.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Remember, the RAK is to bring a smile to somebody and show them we care.

All participants welcomed! Nominations accepted until the 25th of November

List of People Participating this month:
-Tinker (after December)
-lwrn2
-

Memebers signed up for EVERY Month!
-Romancing_Train
-Psycho Pixie

-disneycrazee
-5titch
-nsingleton
-sorapandora
-peterpanlovva
-chipdale123
-Agentofanarchy
-Vixy

-MMiano
-docfish2u
-mahirii
-twins10101
-mylittleguy
-VillainousGoof
-Mupghle
-Rocke01
-impeyan
-doodlebug86
-disxar
-Catz
-mickeymosuje
-bryanag135
-Milky
-pargani
-Thel91

Last edited:
How do you decide whom gets the RAK of the month? For instance, tiggermickey just lost her brother, other members have been sick, while others in NJ have lost their homes & belongings to Super Storm Sandy . What I'm trying to say is I have known about this for months now, but I don't see a thread of thanks or jumping for joy, that have received this?

Ok, nevermind, after looking back at and reading November's RAK, I understand. I think this is a GREAT thing to do. I will be joining in January,2013. Kudo's to all that is involved. Very Nice!

How do you decide whom gets the RAK of the month? For instance, tiggermickey just lost her brother, other members have been sick, while others in NJ have lost their homes & belongings to Super Storm Sandy . What I'm trying to say is I have known about this for months now, but I don't see a thread of thanks or jumping for joy, that have received this?

I am not sure how you have been following this for months since I was the second person to receive this honor. I did post a thread in the Pin Showroom and I hope everybody who participated in my RAK attack understand how much it meant to me. I even posted an update in the zap section. As far as who gets the honor of the RAK attack it is done by nominations. I guess I had more then anybody else at the time. All of this was of course decided before the Super Storm. If you want to be part great, if not that is fine also. If and when you decide to join feel free to offer up a nomination. It is a fun thing to be part of and I could not believe I was selected, but I am very thrilled I was. To me it means that others noticed my trying to be a good and fair trader and that I am contributing to this community. Just my thoughts.

I just realized... why do I always manually sign up every month... when I can be put on the EVERY month list? :facepalm: Yea... sign me up for every month lol... Hopefully I can juggle with RAK attack, Adopt-A-Newbie, and Secret Santa :D Good thing a recently bought a bunch of pins to do all this! Can't wait!

Wow. Did you not see that Romancing Train said "DO NOT POST WHO YOU VOTED FOR IN THE THREAD PLEASE"??? That was just rude, and your comment was beyond arrogant. I have nothing else to say but WOW. :facepalm:

It was a question and not meant to be rude or arrogant, a few members were kind enough to explain it to me and I will join in the fun, starting January 2013. You must have missed my post where I said Kudos, Great Job.

Thank You doc2fish. I missed your post in pin showroom. I'm glad you were chosen to be part of the RAK. Judy just called from WDW and I mentioned I was planning on joining and she mentioned she got the RAK for September.
Let me know when you do this in January.

It was a question and not meant to be rude or arrogant, a few members were kind enough to explain it to me and I will join in the fun, starting January 2013. You must have missed my post where I said Kudos, Great Job.
No, no, no! I wasn't talkng to you! I was talking to DisneyTradingFreak!!! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Hihi :D I will be adding everyone in a bit! (I haven't even gotten out of bed yet!)

And don't worry, the misunderstanding is all cleared up :D No sad faces or angry ones in my Rak thread!

Imma nominate Milky cuz I don't know her/him. That probably makes her/him sad. She/he must be going through a hard time without me in their life. I'm an awesome person.
I noticed that you're not on the RAK Attack list. You might want to sign up before nominating. Also, make sure to PM Romancing_Train with your nomination. You should think about joining since it's really fun and, I don't know about everyone else, but it brings warmth to my heart thinking that my RAK attack will bring a smile to the "victim"'s face when she/he opens up, not only mine, but everyone else's surprise too!

Thanks for trying to nominate me and I'm sorry if I don't really know you very well. I noticed that you just joined and you've only got 6 posts. You should try to post more then maybe, not only me but everyone else can get to know you better too.

Yeah, my comment wasnt a joke. i was being rude and arrogant. thats just the way i am. deal with it. and dont be judging my post ammount. i have other accounts that im not going to tell you about. And i have nominated everyone because i know none of you. and remember kids, i am NOT a kidder/joker.

Back