• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GAME!! Secret Santa pin exchange where you can STEAL! Muahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAME!! Secret Santa pin exchange where you can STEAL! Muahaha

markheardjr

Help me DPF u're my only hope!
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Ok ok, I LOVE secret Santa games when you can steal gifts from people! Here's what I want to do. I'm looking for people that would sign up, promise a LE2000 pin or lower, and would be willing to give this a try! I'd say LE1000, but just in case someone wants to offer a PODM they are allowed. Hopefully people are willing to let a decent pin go and we get some great pins in the mix! I'd like to see at least a $10+ value, not some random LE2000 that's trade fodder worth $3.

Here's how it will work. I'll take names for people signing up, lets cap it at 15 just so it goes a little quicker. If it goes quick we'll do it again and do more, how about that? Each person will email me what pin they have to offer, their address, and I will randomize their pin with a number 1-15. Then we'll randomize who goes in what order. Once someone picks the number, the pin will be revealed, and will be available for steal. Pins can be stolen twice and locked on the 3rd owner. I will go last but I cannot steal, I just get whatever is left and wasn't picked. Sound fair? This may take some time as we'll have to get everyone to check when it is their turn. It would probably be easier in chat but getting everyone in there at once and keeping the convo flowing would be hard. But we have time.

Also, I will let overseas sign up also, so prepare that you may have to spend $5 to ship your pin if it is chosen by a foreign friend. Likewise, they will almost for sure have to mail international.

Sign up and PM me your pin you offered up. I will put them in the order of PM I get and use a randomizer website to mix up the order. Also the picking order will be random and I will go last (but can't steal.) Also, I will let you know if you end up picking your own just so you don't end up with it. I will mail the address to each person so they know where to send it. The sender may reveal themselves or not, up to them.
1. markheardjr
2. Swinginkitten
3. Mupghle
4. Bombardon3
5. VillainousGoof
6. Pin-A-Colada
7. PatRin
8. smiele23
9. Twins10101
10. Jrdnsmom
11. Gis
12. Catz
13. kupo1121
14. 2spongey6
15. Vixy

Here's the picking order (and eventually what they chose/hold.)

1. Twins10101 - chose #7, stolen, picked again #12
  2. Catz - Stole #7 from Twins10101, restole #15 from Patrin
  3. Bombardon3 - chose #3
  4. PatRin - Chose #15, restole #13 from Mupghle
  5. Mupghle - Chose #13, rechose #2
  6. 2spongey6 chose #10
  7. Pin-A-Colada Chose #9, rechose #11, rechose #5, rechose #14
  8. VillainousGoof Chose #4
  9. smiele23 Chose #1
  10. Gis Stole #9 from Pin-a-colada
  11. Jrdnsmom Stole #11!, restole #7 (and locked it) from Catz
  12. Vixy Stole #5 from Pin-A-Colada, restole #11 (and locked it) from Jrdnsmom
  13. kupo1121 Stole #5 (and locked it) from Vixy
  14. Swinginkitten Chose #8
  15. markheardjr (can't steal) Ended game with #6

Pin List available for picking (and eventually descriptions)
1. 92984 WDW Monorail Attraction poster.
2. 79824 DSF Tinker Bell on stage.
3. 94134 DSF Pin Trader Delight Chip
4. 92887 DSF Diner Series Jessica
5. 80411 Disneystore.com Tinker Bell as a Mummy (Stolen twice)
6. 78599: Disney Classic Animated Shorts (How To Play Golf Pin Only
7. 74682 - WDI Figment with Castle (stolen Twice)
8. 94050: DSF - Pin Traders Delight - Flower
9. 28888 Disney Auctions Ursula (Stolen once)
10. 83822 Jumbo Vinyl Milk Carton
11. a pair, WDI dragons and castles, Mim and Mushu!! 91916 & 91918 (Stolen Twice)
12. 81553 DSF Tinker Bell New Year
13. 93585 DSF Mad Hatter New Year
14. 74309 DLRP Snow White Stars n' Cars
15. 86984 3D Haunted Mansion Ghosts Vinylmation (set of all 3)

Last edited:
Awesome!! I love "Dirty Santa" lol! Count me in! Let me pick a pin and I will PM you in a few minutes!!

What an awesome idea! This is the kind of pin game we should be having around here :)

I think I just sold the last of my decent LE traders though. Let me take another look and see if I can find something and maybe I'll be back :)

Mark, just out of curiosity what are the rules if you get your pin stolen? So say someone takes my pin, can I steal a pin from someone else or do I get to pick a new number?

Mark, just out of curiosity what are the rules if you get your pin stolen? So say someone takes my pin, can I steal a pin from someone else or do I get to pick a new number?
The games we play at work, usually a white elephant type exchange, is that if you are stolen from, you may steal or pick. But you may not steal back. Meaning, if player 3 steals from player 4, player 4 may not steal the same pin back from player 3. They can steal from other players or pick new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back