• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Off White Elephant Exchange Game for Christmas....Steal Shamelessly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you couldn't steal your pin back?

You can't steal it back directly. For example,

- 1 picks Pin A
- 2 steals Pin A
- 1 cannot steal Pin A directly back

However, you can do this (which is what is happening now I'm pretty sure):

- 1 picks Pin A
- 2 steals Pin A
- 1 picks Pin B
- 3 steals Pin B
- now 1 can no longer steal back Pin B, but they are free to steal Pin A

EDIT: pargani is correct :D Also, wait, so did Calvin steal mine or is he still thinking?

Last edited:
I think you just can't steal back a pin that was just stolen from you.

OHH!! That would make sense! LOL

You can't steal it back directly. For example,

- 1 picks Pin A
- 2 steals Pin A
- 1 cannot steal Pin A directly back

- 1 picks Pin A
- 2 steals Pin A
- 1 picks Pin B
- 3 steals Pin B

EDIT: pargani is correct :D Also, wait, so did Calvin steal mine or is he still thinking?

Alright! :) Thank you for the Confirmation! LOL

Last edited:
Your right, we established this earlier in the game.

Wait, really? You can't steal your pin back ever :( I think that is kind of unfair because if you happen to pick a random pin and it is a great one that is bound to at least get stolen once, then that means you have no chance of getting it back. I think it is more fair if the stars align you happen to pick another great pin that gets stolen as well, then you can get redemption. That is just at least how I thought of it.

What I meant to say is that we establishe the original rules in the game of not being able to steal back directly after a pin is taken but the scenario you gave below can happen.

- 1 picks Pin A
- 2 steals Pin A
- 1 picks Pin B
- 3 steals Pin B

Wait, really? You can't steal your pin back ever :( I think that is kind of unfair because if you happen to pick a random pin and it is a great one that is bound to at least get stolen once, then that means you have no chance of getting it back. I think it is more fair if the stars align you happen to pick another great pin that gets stolen as well, then you can get redemption. That is just at least how I thought of it.

What I meant to say is that we establishe the original rules in the game of not being able to steal back directly after a pin is taken but the scenario you gave below can happen.

- 1 picks Pin A
- 2 steals Pin A
- 1 picks Pin B
- 3 steals Pin B

Okay, so Calvin did do that and stole my-er, I mean his PODM back, right? In which case it is now my turn again, or did he not choose to steal it?

Okay, then what shall I do for my turn...hmmmm...give me a few minutes, I think I know what I am going to do :)

I think I'm going to steal the Gondola pin from Alex...thus...we are back where we began this turn lmao XD (except me and locostitch just swapped pins and locked both down) Sorry Tangled fans :(

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie what just played out was exactly what I thought was going to happen ... Now the hard part what can I steal ... That will get stolen yet again ... I like the drama

I'm not gonna lie what just played out was exactly what I thought was going to happen ... Now the hard part what can I steal ... That will get stolen yet again ... I like the drama

Sadly, it was also what I predicted. I kind of knew I wasn't going to be able to hold onto that Tangled PODM so I was just hoping something I like equally or better came out before it got stolen (and that it did...that it did...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back