• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Ok its FINALLY happening, DPF'ing around the world! IMG HEAVY get involved!

ZAPPED! Ok its FINALLY happening, DPF'ing around the world! IMG HEAVY get involved!
i'm really sorry i haven't posted any photos of Freddie yet but i'm really not well at the moment sorry . i will take photos of him on his travels as soon as i get better. i hope you will please be patient with me ,thank you . oh by the way who do i send him onto when he's finished his vacation here ? , please pm me ,thanks from Sabrina .

What everyone has been doing is just picking someone off the list and PMing them to ask for their address. You can pick by next in line, or by whether they're in the same country, or by whether you have a pin on their wants list, or whatever strikes your fancy. :)

So sorry it took a while to post this! Freddie had a lovely vacation here in Blackpool, in the UK! We are a little seaside resort that was popular for stay-cations back in the day and once up a time was an extremely busy tourist destination! We are still a tourist hub but not as much as once was :)

Freddie first arrived on an uncharacteristically sunny day! And the weather was very nice the whole time he was with us! I think he was a good omen.

1_zpsbpzgwdjr.jpg

But uh-oh.. what's this?

2%202_zpsxaeeehtf.jpg

I think Freddie was feeling a bit wary by this point but I assured him that he'd be safe and sound with me! Turns out he had nothing to worry about as he and my dog Hugo became firm friends almost immediately.

3_zpsajjjvqsy.jpg
4_zpsbqtuex2p.jpg

Now it's the unspoken law in England that as soon as a guest arrives in your home, you must offer them a cup of tea. So Freddie and I filled our Disney mugs and had a cuppa! The Eeyore mug is mine which I've had since childhood, and Freddie borrowed by fiance's Grumpy mug. I think he enjoyed his proper English brew!

5_zpsach9afni.jpg

Now we all know Freddie is a big Disney fan so he couldn't resist getting to grips with what little of my Disney stuff I have out on display! We don't have much room in this house so there's not much out, but Freddie was pretty envious of my cute little bits and bobs! Plus my two funny little custom clay sculptures that aren't Disney :rofl:

6_zpsaxxsiszf.jpg

On the weekend (which was still strangely sunny!!) I took Freddie out and about in Blackpool to see some of the sights! First he went to see the Grand Theatre which is one of the oldest buildings in Blackpool and is extremely beautiful inside. Unfortunately you can only go in if you have a ticket for a show, and as Freddie didn't tell me he was coming, I couldn't book anything for us.. oh well! The outside is beautiful too!

7_zpsarptgswa.jpg

Then we went out onto the promenade to see some of the things Blackpool is really known for. First he had a good look at Blackpool Tower! Freddie was amazed to learn that Blackpool tower, inspired by the Eiffel Tower, is 158 meters tall and houses (to name a few things) the Blackpool Tower Dungeon, the Tower Circus, and the beautiful Tower Ballroom. In the Victorian era Blackpool Tower also housed a Menagerie, and once upon a time it would not have been strange at all to see elephants having a walk along the beach or a bathe in the ocean!

8_zpslcc5ykj0.jpg

While we had a stroll along the Promenade Freddie asked about the pier he could see in the distance. Blackpool Tower actually has three piers - North, Central, and South. The North Pier is Blackpool's oldest pier. It used to have a helicopter landing pad at the end of it but in a storm in 1997 this collapsed into the sea! Central Pier (which is the one you can see below) was opened in 1868 after the North Pier was s successful and in 1990 a 33 metre high ferris wheel was erected on the pier! South Pier was the last to be built and was sadly ravages by two fires during it's lifetime. It is the shortest of the three piers!

10_zpsbcilj0g5.jpg

We also managed to have a look at the Comedy Carpet, which is a much newer attraction in Blackpool, created in 2011. The Comedy Carpet is Britains largest piece of public art and lies opposite the tower! It displays jokes and punchlines from comedians that have performed in Blackpool through the decades, and totals 160,000 letters. Five months after opening Blackpool Council controversially removed a section of the Comedy Carpet as it was thought that tourists viewing it were in danger of stepping into the path of oncoming trams.

11_zpsmwko6itx.jpg

Here 's one of the safer jokes that Freddie and I had a laugh at!

12_zpsxj4lof0g.jpg

Although Blackpool has a LOT more things to see and offer, I was days away from flying to Florida! So I posted Freddie off to his next vacation with Sabrina and I'm sure we will see pictures of his adventure there soon :)

those were great pics ! unfortunately Freddie is still stuck indoors while i'm trying to get well .i have some places planned for him and he hopes to get out to see things soon !
i promise the photos will come as soon as i can get them !! thanks for waiting patiently and i'll send him off to his next destination after the photos . thanks from Sabrina .

Freddie has had some pics taken and now i'll be sending him on to the next person this week . i'll post photos in a couple of days , he enjoyed his stay here !! thanks for doing this .

here are the photos of Freddies holiday here on the Isle of Wight !
he arrived at his hotel first and met She -ra and her friends Netossa and Frosta .
attachment.php

attachment.php

then he went to the scarecrow festival and met a scarecrow there

and he enjoyed making other friends with my plushies and ornaments .
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Freddie enjoyed his stay here even though he didn't get to go out much because i was unwell and now he can't wait to go on to his next visit this week !!

thanks for letting him come and stay !

Last edited:
Firstly apologies for the delay in posting , Freddie arrived in the West Country a few weeks ago , I'd hoped he'd see a bit of sun but sadly just the standard British weather :)
So I started by showing him where I live , a very small village called Starcross on the Exe estuary .

He came with me for a walk with my dog Smudge , sadly since he wasn't carrying any food Smudge wasn't interested .

I decided to take him to my favourite "local" attraction Paignton Zoo . So here he is keeping an eye on the Cheetah taking a nap .

And here trying to appear as tall as the Giraffe

After a busy full day at the zoo he had earnt a nap and where better than on my , currently being sorted , limited edition pins .

So now he's on his way again hopefully he'll see the sun with his next host .

Yay! What lovely countryside (even with the weather, haha)!

Jelly of your zoo! I love the giants such as giraffes, elephants, etc.!

Glad Freddie had a good time and so glad this is still going! Now where did Pinellope go?!

Back