• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Ok its FINALLY happening, DPF'ing around the world! IMG HEAVY get involved!

ZAPPED! Ok its FINALLY happening, DPF'ing around the world! IMG HEAVY get involved!
Wow this looks like so much fun, if its not to late to join I'm sure I can find some fun spots for pics around here :)

Checking in with my report from Pinellope's visit. :) Lots of photos!

She arrived at my house one day from PrinceAli in Canada. She came wearing an AMAZING pin (it was going to be one of the hardest to track down for my Timon Hula collection), with a yummy treat! (Boy oh boy do I love me some Smarties. They are much better than our plain M&Ms!)

image_zpsilcmskxu.jpg

The next day, she came with me to work, where she hung out by my medals from the Disneyland Star Wars run weekend.

image_zpsxj2pjqx1.jpg

And later that evening she came with me to one of several trips to DSF. She really enjoyed the sundae.

image_zpsnprmaifr.jpg

That weekend, she experienced two things that aren't very common in LA - open freeways with no traffic and cloudy/rainy skies.

image_zpsa9lgipgq.jpg

We were on our way to a swap meet, where we watched a performance by the Leaping Lizards, a rockabilly band headed by Aileen Quinn, better known as Annie from the 1980's movie version.

image_zps9tsdwh6n.jpg

image_zpsb1ebn43a.jpg

image_zpst1scptxw.jpg

On our way back home, we stopped by Sonic for lunch.

image_zpsqhdhvugm.jpg

And Krispy Kreme for dessert.

image_zpsmoas536g.jpg

And we passed by the Happy Face Hill, a Simi Valley landmark.

image_zpszodl4fns.jpg

On future outings we went to the following places:

In-N-Out Burger

image_zpsjnkyrz3h.jpg

A So Cal tradition!

Universal Studios

Unfortunately my camera died, so I couldn't get any photos. But we walked City Walk, went on some rides, and saw views of the entire San Fernando Valley.

Disneyland

Many multiple trips! Here are some of the best photos of the bunch:

image_zpsgedt2qxv.jpg

The massive Earthquake sundae at the Ghirardelli shop in DCA. It took eight adults, two children, and one illustrated tourist to finish this thing off.

image_zps8xh2dud5.jpg

Fireworks over Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle!

image_zpsi2kv4dkb.jpg

Riding the train through the time of the dinosaurs!

image_zpsvo2s52pz.jpg

Trying to pull the sword from the stone! (The sword won...)

image_zps1xbxrdpo.jpg

Hidden Mickey on Jingles' butt on King Arthur's Carousel!

image_zpshufuwk2x.jpg

Goofy! He loved the story of how she is traveling the world and wanted to be included in the voyage.

Pi Day Pies!

image_zpsdtdlaffa.jpg

Because we had to celebrate Pi Day!

Knott's Berry Farm

image_zpsqhdo84fw.jpg

image_zpsss4cxxhi.jpg

I like to think that Pinellope would be a Hufflepuff if she were sorted at Hogwarts, as she is becoming a friend to all as she travels. I giggled when I saw this sign.

image_zps1ljueqzv.jpg

Snoopy!

image_zpswum35ycf.jpg

And she even went on a few roller coasters!

DSF Cinderella Trading Event and Movie at El CapitanI was so excited for the trade event I forgot to take a single picture of Pinellope there! *facepalm* But I did get some photos at El Capitan when we went to see the movie afterwards.

image_zpsoieeeaxe.jpg

Olaf dancing on stage before the movie!

image_zpsnxtrsmt8.jpg

Costumes!

image_zpswlcbdcp7.jpg

Costumes!

image_zpshkufvvei.jpg

Costumes!

image_zpsgxyvq5xk.jpg

Sorry, Pinellope, you have to travel on before this show. You've been visiting Los Angeles for awhile, it's time to go see anotehr part of the country! But I will think of you when I'm attending!

Last edited:
Freddie just made it to me with a very cute pin from my wants list. We will go out on some sight seeing around Stockholm this weekend before he is off somewhere else.

Since I don't find any list I guess I just pick another Europe person who has not had him yet to send him off to next?

Oh my gosh timeerkat, what a great trip Pinellope had with you!!! I was worried about having too many ideas, but now I don't need to be worried. :)

If nobody minds, I'm compiling a quick list of everyone who has posted indicating their interest, with crossouts of who has received one. (I can't help it, I'm a secretary.)

I'm assuming the idea is to pick someone who has not had one of them yet. Then once everyone gets one, if everyone's still interested, we could send Freddie to those who had Pinellope & vice versa.

Here's the list of everyone that posted so far. (I can't edit the first post, sorry.) I had strikeout text in my wordpad file, but the forum doesn't seem to do strikeout. So instead, people in green have not had a visit yet!

Molly (both Freddie & Pinellope - start!)
Snoffsan (Sweden) (Freddie)
docfish2u (US) (Freddie)
Purplemandms (US) (Pinellope)
timeerkat (US) (Pinellope)
SiuJerkJai (US)
Romancing_Train (US)
sbmpins (US)
speedwaystar1 (UK) (Freddie)
squidget (Canada)
Beachgirl626 (US)
ksnuggles (US)
Poohlady5 (US)
sockgnome (US)
Ninpin (US) (Pinellope)
StitchTrader (US)

CheshireCat (UK) (Freddie)
Dalamara (US)
sorapandora (US)
bjean (US)
ownedbycats (US)

Vixy (US) (Pinellope)
PrinceAli (Canada) (Pinellope)
chubs191 (US)
Snow (UK)
LumpyLover (country?)

linz_pinz (US) (Pinellope)
CCofRR13 (US)
nsingleton (US)
fireheadfred (UK)
Snowie (US)
AgentR (US)
imaevilfairytoo (US)
teddy_ruxpin (UK) (Freddie)
lynn99 (US)
Loomi (UK) (Freddie)
MerlinEmrys (US)
noone (country?)
itsmeadamg (US) (Pinellope
Dixsar (US)
Connies_Hobby (US)
Dennis_Dennis (Netherlands)
JediKitten (US)
SwindonTinkerbell (UK)

tyshadragon (UK) indicated maybe? Please post again if you have decided yes!

Last edited:
Checking in with my report from Pinellope's visit. :) Lots of photos!

She arrived at my house one day from PrinceAli in Canada. She came wearing an AMAZING pin (it was going to be one of the hardest to track down for my Timon Hula collection), with a yummy treat! (Boy oh boy do I love me some Smarties. They are much better than our plain M&Ms!)

image_zpsilcmskxu.jpg

The next day, she came with me to work, where she hung out by my medals from the Disneyland Star Wars run weekend.

image_zpsxj2pjqx1.jpg

And later that evening she came with me to one of several trips to DSF. She really enjoyed the sundae.

image_zpsnprmaifr.jpg

That weekend, she experienced two things that aren't very common in LA - open freeways with no traffic and cloudy/rainy skies.

image_zpsa9lgipgq.jpg

We were on our way to a swap meet, where we watched a performance by the Leaping Lizards, a rockabilly band headed by Aileen Quinn, better known as Annie from the 1980's movie version.

image_zps9tsdwh6n.jpg

image_zpsb1ebn43a.jpg

image_zpst1scptxw.jpg

On our way back home, we stopped by Sonic for lunch.

image_zpsqhdhvugm.jpg

And Krispy Kreme for dessert.

image_zpsmoas536g.jpg

And we passed by the Happy Face Hill, a Simi Valley landmark.

image_zpszodl4fns.jpg

On future outings we went to the following places:

In-N-Out Burger

image_zpsjnkyrz3h.jpg

A So Cal tradition!

Universal Studios

Unfortunately my camera died, so I couldn't get any photos. But we walked City Walk, went on some rides, and saw views of the entire San Fernando Valley.

Disneyland

Many multiple trips! Here are some of the best photos of the bunch:

image_zpsgedt2qxv.jpg

The massive Earthquake sundae at the Ghirardelli shop in DCA. It took eight adults, two children, and one illustrated tourist to finish this thing off.

image_zps8xh2dud5.jpg

Fireworks over Main Street and Sleeping Beauty Castle!

image_zpsi2kv4dkb.jpg

Riding the train through the time of the dinosaurs!

image_zpsvo2s52pz.jpg

Trying to pull the sword from the stone! (The sword won...)

image_zps1xbxrdpo.jpg

Hidden Mickey on Jingles' butt on King Arthur's Carousel!

image_zpshufuwk2x.jpg

Goofy! He loved the story of how she is traveling the world and wanted to be included in the voyage.

Pi Day Pies!

image_zpsdtdlaffa.jpg

Because we had to celebrate Pi Day!

Knott's Berry Farm

image_zpsqhdo84fw.jpg

image_zpsss4cxxhi.jpg

I like to think that Pinellope would be a Hufflepuff if she were sorted at Hogwarts, as she is becoming a friend to all as she travels. I giggled when I saw this sign.

image_zps1ljueqzv.jpg

Snoopy!

image_zpswum35ycf.jpg

And she even went on a few roller coasters!

DSF Cinderella Trading Event and Movie at El CapitanI was so excited for the trade event I forgot to take a single picture of Pinellope there! *facepalm* But I did get some photos at El Capitan when we went to see the movie afterwards.

image_zpsoieeeaxe.jpg

Olaf dancing on stage before the movie!

image_zpsnxtrsmt8.jpg

Costumes!

image_zpswlcbdcp7.jpg

Costumes!

image_zpshkufvvei.jpg

Costumes!

image_zpsgxyvq5xk.jpg

Sorry, Pinellope, you have to travel on before this show. You've been visiting Los Angeles for awhile, it's time to go see anotehr part of the country! But I will think of you when I'm attending!

I'm so glad to finally see the photos! I'm so happy I was able to help you with your collection. This makes miss California even more lol. But I can't wait to visit again in August during the D23 Expo! :D

Last edited:
Greetings, pin people! Pinellope is getting ready to leave Seattle and move on. We've had a lovely time!

We had a heck of a thunderstorm the day she arrived, so I made her an umbrella of her own so she'd be prepared for the weather:
3Uz-1u-ePt6fF8xWM5VU7qUrJyMhzN6q_i4PvtEekDM=w402-h564-no

That week I was preparing for two concerts at Norwescon (Seattle's Science Fiction & Fantasy convention) so Pinellope had to tag along to rehearsals. She enjoyed some of the lovely Pacific Northwest foliage in my cellist's front yard:
IMG_20150331_184409.jpg

And the cherry blossoms too!
IMG_20150331_184445.jpg

Then it was time to go inside and rehearse! I let Pinellope take the mic on a song or two...
IMG_20150331_191723.jpg

...but the guitar was a bit too big for her.
IMG_20150331_202017.jpg

We thought the ukulele might've been a little closer to her size, but it's still a bit big...
IMG_20150401_190902.jpg

Fortunately my cellist had a toy cello that was just about right!
IMG_20150401_191349.jpg

Then it was time for the con! I kept an eye out for Disney (and by extension, Marvel) cosplayers. Pinellope posed with my girlfriend, dressed here as Ms. Marvel...
obXq3o6drGLLXiGcNsbyXC-7twlZJJxDPWizmnJDfyw=w354-h565-no

And we ran into a gorgeous alternative Ariel! (I like to think of her as Disco Ariel. Not pictured: her AMAZING platform shoes.)
Edit: I also forgot to mention she had a plastic fork-- I mean dinglehopper-- stuck in her wig. (You can sorta see it in the photo if you know to look for it.)
rXRQl3_9bPkSjWYYWXLtkjROsNJVVnavmEifwUHQXA0=w357-h565-no

I couldn't believe it when I ran into these picture-perfect fairies! They cast a little magic on Pinellope:
Yn6h8VMFlPH1I6-wh4cP-qTmo-_d-GGebZe90uIKq-I=w444-h565-no

On Saturday of the con, my girlfriend dressed as Agent Peggy Carter, so Pinellope struck another pose:
dFJZJVWgU7foOY5SS2JCX6P9aRYVlvE1c6PwKv9503g=w331-h565-no

Because George R.R. Martin was one of the Guests of Honor, they had the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones there for photo ops. Naturally Pinellope could not resist.
tQp0mkeHrgtB_6uTHgz9nlr_VskD6tyemmkhB3kMn8I=w375-h565-no

PINTER IS COMING

This week has been pretty busy, but we did manage to get out to the Fremont Troll. He lives under the Aurora Bridge in Fremont, a neighborhood of Seattle. (For scale, that's an actual VW Bug in his hand.)
KMTwA4nJR9znHB9jBiIrKxILgQASzivapxU0FjYWrYA=w787-h565-no

While we were in Fremont, we visited the statue of Lenin. (He gets graffitized a lot.)
aVv5p0H9wI13tiZYD2uDWWDU4P0DExki4fLzzeRETtE=w374-h565-no

And checked out some interesting sidewalk art on our way home!
P6XefxIycnfzow1niZbiMyKQQ6F8cFlu0PQqZYyeONI=w872-h565-no

Tomorrow Pinellope will be moving on to the next stop on her trip!

Last edited:
HAHAHA, Pinter is Coming...

Awesome photos! I love your girlfriend's cosplay outfits.

Can't wait to see who Pinellope vsists next!

So many brilliant photos! Looks like Pinellope has been having a real adventure lately!

Oh, wow, Pinellope and Freddie have very attentive and active hosts to visit!

Wish I knew how to Photoshop; it'd be an interesting picture map filled with traveling mouse ears to show every state/country route the pair have been to. :)

Then it was time for the con! I kept an eye out for Disney (and by extension, Marvel) cosplayers. Pinellope posed with my girlfriend, dressed here as Ms. Marvel...

So super ironic, but I literally JUST got back from an anime/sci-fi/comic book convention today!! Pinelope and I will definitely have something to talk about when she finds her way to me. :lol:
(Also, fantastic cosplay!)

OMFG I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Been away from DPF for too long....these pictures made my day and then some. Thank you all for keeping things rolling.

So super ironic, but I literally JUST got back from an anime/sci-fi/comic book convention today!! Pinelope and I will definitely have something to talk about when she finds her way to me. :lol:
(Also, fantastic cosplay!)

Hee thanks! Which convention did you attend?

OMFG I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Been away from DPF for too long....these pictures made my day and then some. Thank you all for keeping things rolling.

Somehow I missed seeing your post yesterday! Thanks for starting it; it's a blast so far! :)

Pinellope in Gainesville!

Alright, so lots of pictures coming this way!!!!!

Pinellope arrived in Gainesville on Monday from her adventures in Seattle with the wonderful Vixy!

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo8_1280.jpg

So now that she was officially in Gainesville, the first thing we had to do was obviously pick up an oversized hoodie for her over at the bookstore:

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo5_1280.jpg

Luckily, they had one in just her size, and I had a dressing room that was just her size as well!

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo7_1280.jpg

Then we grabbed some lunch over at the student union....

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo6_1280.jpg

..... and headed off to work at the lab!

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo4_1280.jpg

(sorry Docfishes)

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo3_1280.jpg

After that, she helped me with my calculus homework!

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo2_1280.jpg

And I taught her a new joke! :lol:

tumblr_nmx5j2h72u1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

The next day we visited the Swamp...

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo6_1280.jpg

Posed with Tebow and...

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo9_1280.jpg

... PINELLOPE NO!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo8_1280.jpg

When Pinellope's life was no longer in jeopardy, we headed to Psych lecture

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo10_1280.jpg

(and got Starbucks)

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo5_1280.jpg

And she helped me get an A on my psych paper! Woo!

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo4_1280.jpg

On our way back to the dorm, we checked out some scenery....

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo3_1280.jpg

.... don't even think about it, Pinellope.

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo2_1280.jpg

And then watched some netflix and headed to bed! I wanted to make sure that she was well-rested for her long journey, but when I woke up in the morning I saw...

tumblr_nmx5ih2lUv1rdh3wyo1_1280.jpg

Pinellope had graduated!?!?! I couldn't make out what the tiny diploma said, but I'm guessing she has some UF degree now. Congrats, Pinellope! (Although I'm still not sure how she did it... it's not like she could time-travel or anything....)

Anyways, Pinellope is now headed North to more adventures!! I'm very glad she visited!
Also, the wonderful Vixy sent along an Ariel button, which is now on my backpack and will continue adventuring with me!

(Also, I know these pictures are huge. ): I can't seem to re-size them, but to my understanding the server space they take up is actually just the text space their url takes up, so it would be the same for any size. If I'm incorrect in this, let me know and I'll try maybe a different way to re-size them. But regardless, when replying to this post please don't quote this post with all the pictures. Thanks!)

Last edited:
Heeeee Purplemandms, that's great! Looks like she had an awesome time with you! :) Glad you liked the button, too.

Dixsar, I'll add you to the (unofficial) list that I made. :)

ETA: anyone know where Freddie Pinz is right now?

Last edited:
Freddie is leaving Sweden tomorrow. And here is a report of his visit to Stockholm.

When he first arrived he wanted to look at our neighborhood.

We live down there behind the building next to the high black one.
IMG_2531.jpg

We can swim in the water in the summer and that is in the middle of Stockholm!
IMG_2474.jpg

And in the evening he followed us to the cinema to see "Into the woods"

IMG_2496.jpg

Then he decided it was time to go into the city core of Stockholm. But first of course he needed something to feel like a real viking so he got him self a helmet.

IMG_2543.jpg

But when we told him that its actually only a myth that the vikings had horns on their helmets he decided to make his helmet more him so he added Mickey ears instead and then he was ready to go.

IMG_2544.jpg

He started to look at the swedish parlament building

IMG_2551.jpg

He also ate an ice-cream outside the house of the Swedish prime minister (the yellow house with green curtains)

IMG_2574.jpg

Of course we had to show him the castle next:

IMG_2553.jpg

Got to take a pic of the royal guard (and yes there really is a dirt road outside the castle in the middle of Stockholm)

IMG_2559.jpg

He even got to goinside the castle
IMG_2568.jpg

Then we went to the old town.

IMG_2569.jpg

He also go to look at Stockholms most narrow street. Its 35,4 inches wide.

IMG_2572.jpg

And then he met a real princess!

IMG_2575.jpg

Oh and of course he went with us to cheer Ida on while training to ride her bike, the bike that we can never thanks you enough for. Isn't she doing good? She almost don't need any help at all now! She can even start by her self because of the throttle so she can get it up to speed and find her balance before she needs to start pedaling.

http://vid425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/snoffsan/F4623B48-1B5A-4432-A1A8-12C77660544C.mp4

I hope that link will work.

Last edited:
Back