• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
Just finished the meeting (Thanks @firechief18 for coming!) . . . Molly went over step-by-step of creating an account and adding a pin, as well as some things that are coming and being worked on and some nice background about them and PinPics as it stands now.

- Not to sound repetitive, but an important thing is that there are over 150,000 pins listed on PP and many need help with titles or information. Use the "Comment" tab on the pin page to let them know any information or fixes for a pin! They read the comments daily, and all the info is added to the listing, so you don't have to type it for publication - just talk to them!

- They are aware of how many missing pins from the years when pins were not being added, and are working at adding them as well as the new ones. If you don't see a pin on there, feel free to add it! There is a really nice "Quick Start Guide" for how to ad a pin, as well as a video on their youtube channel. Unlike the previous staff of PP . . . if you make a mistake or don't include something, you won't be banned or kicked off PinPics! The pin listing may not be put up right away or if it is a duplicate, it won't be up at all . . . but you won't get the boot for making a mistake. Add as much info as you know and can find out, and all listings will be checked by Molly and Joe.

- The ability to use the Compare feature to compare two people that are not you (if you want to work out a three-way trade, for example) is in the works.

- Actively being worked on is a way to print you pin lists (your owns or trades or wants) and also be able to save them as a list and send it to your mobile or PC for digital use (as Molly says . . . "Why kill a lot of trees?" ;) I do admit, Sis and I loved this! As we looked at our collection numbers . .. )

- A Mobile app is in the works.

- A way to have AP and PP added tot he front of the title of pin listings so that you don't make the mistake of adding one of those to your collection when you only want the regular pin. YAY!

- The PinPics forum is being improved and you can now attach an image directly! How those images are displayed is being tweaked, but now you can include pictures with your posts/replies!

- A few new Forum boards are being discussed, like a place to post your pin mail, etc.

- The front page will feature a blog by Scoop Sanderson (I've forgotten the cute name for it, so just blame my Covid-fried brain cells - it will give you all something fun to see when it appears!) and I've heard his first article and it is great!

- The events calendar on the front page is also coming soon!

I think this is it . . . If I remember something I forgot, I'll post again later! :)

Just finished the meeting (Thanks @firechief18 for coming!) . . . Molly went over step-by-step of creating an account and adding a pin, as well as some things that are coming and being worked on and some nice background about them and PinPics as it stands now.

- Not to sound repetitive, but an important thing is that there are over 150,000 pins listed on PP and many need help with titles or information. Use the "Comment" tab on the pin page to let them know any information or fixes for a pin! They read the comments daily, and all the info is added to the listing, so you don't have to type it for publication - just talk to them!

- They are aware of how many missing pins from the years when pins were not being added, and are working at adding them as well as the new ones. If you don't see a pin on there, feel free to add it! There is a really nice "Quick Start Guide" for how to ad a pin, as well as a video on their youtube channel. Unlike the previous staff of PP . . . if you make a mistake or don't include something, you won't be banned or kicked off PinPics! The pin listing may not be put up right away or if it is a duplicate, it won't be up at all . . . but you won't get the boot for making a mistake. Add as much info as you know and can find out, and all listings will be checked by Molly and Joe.

- The ability to use the Compare feature to compare two people that are not you (if you want to work out a three-way trade, for example) is in the works.

- Actively being worked on is a way to print you pin lists (your owns or trades or wants) and also be able to save them as a list and send it to your mobile or PC for digital use (as Molly says . . . "Why kill a lot of trees?" ;) I do admit, Sis and I loved this! As we looked at our collection numbers . .. )

- A Mobile app is in the works.

- A way to have AP and PP added tot he front of the title of pin listings so that you don't make the mistake of adding one of those to your collection when you only want the regular pin. YAY!

- The PinPics forum is being improved and you can now attach an image directly! How those images are displayed is being tweaked, but now you can include pictures with your posts/replies!

- A few new Forum boards are being discussed, like a place to post your pin mail, etc.

- The front page will feature a blog by Scoop Sanderson (I've forgotten the cute name for it, so just blame my Covid-fried brain cells - it will give you all something fun to see when it appears!) and I've heard his first article and it is great!

- The events calendar on the front page is also coming soon!

I think this is it . . . If I remember something I forgot, I'll post again later! :)

Thank you so much Elizabeth!!! Glad you came Firechief!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you remove/delete old or never received a response threads from Pin Pics Chat? You can archive but they never go away. Thanks.

How do you remove/delete old or never received a response threads from Pin Pics Chat? You can archive but they never go away. Thanks.

Right now, you just archive them! They are working on a fix for the delete feature. At the moment, if one person deletes a message, then it delets form the other's inbox as well. So, for now . . . just archive! Delete will be coming! :)

Right you can archive. If you delete it deletes for both parties. I can ask our programmer about removing ones that were never replied to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@stratasfan I wanted to drop a note to Thank you, again, for attending the Meetings and keeping us updated.

Also, @MollyAnne, Thank you for taking the reins at PP's. It's looking and working, better and better.

I'm going tomorrow, and will post an update as soon as it is over! If you ever want some cheery pin visiting . . . try one! They are loads of fun as well as informative, and you get to just spend a bit of time with others who like pins and trading just as much!

I will be going LIVE again tonight with Holland Hayes, aka Scoop Sanderson from Main Street in the Magic Kingdom! We will be answering questions LIVE and updating everyone on PinPics! Come and join us! Here is the registration link:

I will be going LIVE again tonight with Holland Hayes, aka Scoop Sanderson from Main Street in the Magic Kingdom! We will be answering questions LIVE and updating everyone on PinPics! Come and join us! Here is the registration link:

You all should come! Sis and I are already registered and looking forward to it. It's a great way to just have some nice time with other pin traders.

Meeting went until about 10 to 9pm! It was super fun tonight, and she went over some of the new features as well as Holland doing some interesting history and tips on pins and trading.

They have a list of 8 main things they are working on right now. A few of those are -

- Showing the location of traders on the public profile view so that you know if someone is in the US or International.
- The Compare Feature allowing you to compare two traders that are not you is underway and coming!
- Holland's Pin Blog is coming on the front page very soon!

After the list of 8, the Mobile App will be worked on and will work together with the site . . . anything you do on the site will automatically show up on the App in real time (and visa-versa).

Holland was sharing some really interesting info about early pins and how they were made from copper ingots being pressed and then stamped in the shape of the pin and then the enamel put on, etc. He is really informative! Going to be lobbying that he really consider writing a book! He also gave some good examples of starting and breaking the ice for in-person trading.

Again . . . any information you come across that needs adding or fixed on a pin listing - use the "Comment" tab on the pin page and the info will be added/fixed! Also, if you know a pin set, and the individual pins are not linked, send the numbers to the other pins via the comment tab and they will link the set together!

There is a new "Show Off" section on the PP forum to show off your pin finds or pin mail, so if you want to show off you fun acquisitions . . . just spread some cheer! :)

Thank you @stratasfan for the report.

I did attend, in and out a couple of times. I was running errands.

The 45 minutes or so I did see if the Live was Definitely Informative.

How does one watch the recorded version of the Live Zoom Meetings?

Definitely encourage other members here to attend. And spread the word and invite other collectors.

I am.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Thank you @stratasfan for the report.

I did attend, in and out a couple of times. I was running errands.

The 45 minutes or so I did see if the Live was Definitely Informative.

How does one watch the recorded version of the Live Zoom Meetings?

Definitely encourage other members here to attend. And spread the word and invite other collectors.

I am.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
The recorded meetings are, I think, going to be put to the YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/@PinPics-js6hb/featured
Not totally sure, though, so I'll tag @MollyAnne on this one. :)

Definitely spread the word. These meetings are a great chance to make pin trading personal again, instead of the faceless online messaging so prevalent these days. It's really amazing to actually be talking about pins and trading with people and not just avatars. :)

Also . . . I forgot last night to include this in the update, but one of the things being worked on is getting it so that when sending a trade request for a pin you "want", it will allow you to offer multiple pins in one chat, like it does when you go through a pin your are trading. :)

Also . . . I forgot last night to include this in the update, but one of the things being worked on is getting it so that when sending a trade request for a pin you "want", it will allow you to offer multiple pins in one chat, like it does when you go through a pin your are trading. :)
Waiting anxiously for this update, it's pretty much my only shot at the grails on my wants list, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back