• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
If I go to "Unread PinPics Chat" I get the 5+ conversations I want to get rid of. How do I do that from that section of the system? Also, I know that the archived section is being worked on to allow deletes to clean it up. Thanks.

Okay, i never turned on trade assist and today I am getting private emails from traders with what looks like cellphone screen captures of text messages. Has pinpics made our emails public? Cause I definately don't want that. Every once and awhile i would get an email from pinpics in the old days letting me know someone wanted to trade but it came from pinpics not someone else emailing me directly. Also this persons email was a fake one made up of gibberish. With a very lopsided trade offer.

1. Are emails now public on the pinpics site?
2. How do i turn this off or hide my email?

Okay, i never turned on trade assist and today I am getting private emails from traders with what looks like cellphone screen captures of text messages. Has pinpics made our emails public? Cause I definately don't want that. Every once and awhile i would get an email from pinpics in the old days letting me know someone wanted to trade but it came from pinpics not someone else emailing me directly. Also this persons email was a fake one made up of gibberish. With a very lopsided trade offer.

Emails are not public, so don't worry! Are you sure this isn't the notification of a new PinPics chat message? The chat would look like a cell phone text. And the notification is from a gibberish email because it is an email through PinPics and if you respond to the email, it would know to put that message in the chat on your account. If you can send me some screen grabs, I might be able to help!

Emails are not public, so don't worry! Are you sure this isn't the notification of a new PinPics chat message? The chat would look like a cell phone text. And the notification is from a gibberish email because it is an email through PinPics and if you respond to the email, it would know to put that message in the chat on your account. If you can send me some screen grabs, I might be able to help!
Whew, thanks i was really worried there for a minute. I don't need even more spam messages in my inbox o_O
I never knew about the chat feature so i guess that's what it is. Its just weird that its literally the first message i've gotten since the changeover. And i never fiddled with any settings. So i guess the trader thing must have been on by default. I think i get what was happening now. Crisis averted thanks @stratasfan :)

No they are not public. There is no way for anyone to even see your information. We are creating the About Me section that will only show what you want them to show. If someone sends you a PinPics chat message you will get an email. But we do not make public who owns the pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come and Join Holland and Molly Live for PinPic Updates! We will answer your questions Live and Demonstrate how to use the site!

Here is the registration Link!

Fabulous meeting tonight! One of the best! Holland shared really cool info about the making of early pins . . . go watch the recorded meeting on YouTube to see it, as I can't type it all up here and it is worth seeing!

Quick update on the stuff on PinPics that has been worked on and is being worked on! They are on number 5 of 8 on their list of must-dos before working on the App. Inactive accounts will be removed form view (not removed form PinPics, just removed form the Trade/Want ratios) around the end of August. Holland's blog is now on the front page and go read it! His first entry is stellar! Pins are being added every day, and if you want a pin on - submit it! It isn't like it was for so many years where it would take weeks-months-years (if ever) to be made live.

Good news is that the thing being worked on right now is the ability to offer multiple pins in a Trade offer, rather than stuck having to send a trade chat for each pin you want to offer. Great news! I will be really thrilled!

This is just a really fun time on Thursdays and makes it very personal and very happy and really a fun way to connect with other pin traders!

Yes . . . great news! Offering a pin for trade or asking for one you want . . . now they are both the same . . . you select the username and can see all the matching pins and offer as many or as few as you wish in one trade chat request/offer! Amazing! I'm so thrilled and really excited as I never expected that big a fix to be done so fast!

When will we be able to see the whole list with all of the traders who are trading rather than going through each trader
individually?

Not sure I understand? For the pin your are either asking or offering . . . you can see all matching traders, but you can only send a chat to one trader at a time. But, for the same pin, you can start a chat for as many traders as you wish to offer to! What has been fixed is that you can now offer more than one pin to a single trader.

Back in the olden days.....you could see all the traders under the pin. Now you have to search through the traders when you are trading. This is when you are trying to trade a pin with another pin in mind. I cannot explain what I mean exactly but this was easily possible before.

Back in the olden days.....you could see all the traders under the pin. Now you have to search through the traders when you are trading. This is when you are trying to trade a pin with another pin in mind. I cannot explain what I mean exactly but this was easily possible before.

I think that's what is fixed! Now you can enter through a pin you either want or want to trade, and you can see all the traders who have it, rather than all the pins individually. All you do is hit the arrow for the trader you want to view/offer and you'll see any pins that match and you can select any/all for the offer:

i.php

I think that's what is fixed! Now you can enter through a pin you either want or want to trade, and you can see all the traders who have it, rather than all the pins individually. All you do is hit the arrow for the trader you want to view/offer and you'll see any pins that match and you can select any/all for the offer:

i.php
That is what I am trying to avoid.

Oh, guess I'm misunderstanding . . . what was the old style like?
The old style was all the pins you could trade with all the username's underneath. It was much
easier to make a decision. Now you have to open each person's information and look to see the
pins available. The other day, there were something like 47 users. I just closed the site and
quit. I miss many of the features that are still missing from this site. And, please forgive me for
saying this, but I really dislike the chat.

Oh yeah, I had totally forgotten that it was set up like that! I find the chat challenging myself. I wish there was a separate place for sent and received messages, and/or that when you receive a reply it would bump the chat up to the top.

Oh yeah, I had totally forgotten that it was set up like that! I find the chat challenging myself. I wish there was a separate place for sent and received messages, and/or that when you receive a reply it would bump the chat up to the top.

I'd like it bumped up, too.

The old style was all the pins you could trade with all the username's underneath. It was much
easier to make a decision. Now you have to open each person's information and look to see the
pins available. The other day, there were something like 47 users. I just closed the site and
quit. I miss many of the features that are still missing from this site. And, please forgive me for

Ah, I remember what you are talking about! There were two hyperlinks when going in to offer a trade. This one never really worked since we've been on PP since 2017. You could load the page, but less than a quarter of the images loaded, and you couldn't see what pin they were. So, I never got to experience this. It was pretty "gone" by the time we got into pin trading.

Can private pin lists be created (under my login)? For example, I want to create a Maleficent list, but I will choose what pins go in it because I don’t want every Maleficent pin in the database in it. I just need Pinpics to maintain if I own, want, or trade as normal in my list, so I can see I own 200 Maleficent pins, want 30 pins, and trade 5 pins.

Can private pin lists be created (under my login)? For example, I want to create a Maleficent list, but I will choose what pins go in it because I don’t want every Maleficent pin in the database in it. I just need Pinpics to maintain if I own, want, or trade as normal in my list, so I can see I own 200 Maleficent pins, want 30 pins, and trade 5 pins.

I do know that there is something on the to-do list that would be to create digital "pin books" to catalogue your collection owns and wants that would be for you alone and so you could quickly see your Maleficent pins or your Peter Pan pins or your food collection, etc. So, that is on the list. Personally, Sis and I can't wait!

YES!!!! This should be Live by the weekend if not before. What ever you filter to in Your Owns - Like all of your Mali pins - you can download to a PDF to save on your device and also print!!! 40 Pins per page!

Hi Momin.ator - I am going to talk to the chat company early next week on how to enhance what they are offering.....or making sure our programmer has it configured to what they can offer. I might need to chat with you on what used to be.......a lot of those features have been gone for awhile or did not function properly. I am going to send you an email :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back